Page 1055 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,550 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    So pondering this… what do we as a state gain with a fbs football team?
    Publicity…. Really unsure about if we would garner anymore then We have
    If it takes more taxpayer money please justify it to me so I can understand it….
    #1 w a bullet= not dying a slow death like we are now with Bison fatigue & general malaise.
    #2 putting NDSU in the right level of football.
    #3 Increasing our other sports level of play, watching AAC & MWC BB tournaments were light years past summit
    #4 better recruits/athletes & putting NDSU far & away the obvious regional choice & even cut into Minn/Wisc/Iowa.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    #1 w a bullet= not dying a slow death like we are now with Bison fatigue & general malaise.
    #2 putting NDSU in the right level of football.
    #3 Increasing our other sports level of play, watching AAC & MWC BB tournaments were light years past summit
    #4 better recruits/athletes & putting NDSU far & away the obvious regional choice & even cut into Minn/Wisc/Iowa.
    I am not sure you answered his question at all...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    answered the question immaculately
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    answered the question immaculately
    It was a perfect phone call.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Lakes has a long history of answering questions...and the exact opposite being true. Blocking him vastly improves the BV experience, but since you quoted his post:
    #1 - Football interest is falling nationwide. Probably a novelty bump at first but if we start turning in 6-8 win seasons against quality opponents don't expect sell out crowds every week.
    #2 - The right level is with our peer institutions. Until the NCAA splits D1 into 3 subdivisions we're stuck in the middle with neither being right. TBF this is the most reasonable of his points.
    #3 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Travel will kill olympics if we don't form a regional conference.
    #4 - We already have this. There are no G5s in our best recruiting areas and we get our pick of the litter from anyone that isn't a P5 starter.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Lakes has a long history of answering questions...and the exact opposite being true. Blocking him vastly improves the BV experience, but since you quoted his post:
    #1 - Football interest is falling nationwide. Probably a novelty bump at first but if we start turning in 6-8 win seasons against quality opponents don't expect sell out crowds every week.
    #2 - The right level is with our peer institutions. Until the NCAA splits D1 into 3 subdivisions we're stuck in the middle with neither being right. TBF this is the most reasonable of his points.
    #3 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Travel will kill olympics if we don't form a regional conference.
    #4 - We already have this. There are no G5s in our best recruiting areas and we get our pick of the litter from anyone that isn't a P5 starter.

#1 - FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE is falling nationwide. Football interest nationwide I would argue is as strong as ever. The key is going to be finding ways to monetize interest if attendance is declining. The P5 does this with massive TV contracts that have made attendance less relevant to them. So far tickets sold for NDSU haven't been as impacted as season ticket sales have still been good. Butts in the seats are dropping. If season ticket sales drop significantly than it will hit NDSU's budget hard because football is the majority of ticket sale revenue for the entire athletic department currently.

#2 - NDSU is an outlier geographically and so are our regional peers. However, institution wise we don't belong in FCS. There are maybe 10 institutions in the FCS that could be considered our peers.

#3 - Our regional conference is stagnating our olympics currently because we justify our low investment in them based on what others in the Summit spend.

#4 - I would agree that this is mostly true. Having the FBS label might win a small number of additional recruiting battles but even if we move to the FBS we are going to continue to succeed by being a developmental program.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    #1 - FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE is falling nationwide. Football interest nationwide I would argue is as strong as ever. The key is going to be finding ways to monetize interest if attendance is declining. The P5 does this with massive TV contracts that have made attendance less relevant to them. So far tickets sold for NDSU haven't been as impacted as season ticket sales have still been good. Butts in the seats are dropping. If season ticket sales drop significantly than it will hit NDSU's budget hard because football is the majority of ticket sale revenue for the entire athletic department currently.

#2 - NDSU is an outlier geographically and so are our regional peers. However, institution wise we don't belong in FCS. There are maybe 10 institutions in the FCS that could be considered our peers.

#3 - Our regional conference is stagnating our olympics currently because we justify our low investment in them based on what others in the Summit spend.

#4 - I would agree that this is mostly true. Having the FBS label might win a small number of additional recruiting battles but even if we move to the FBS we are going to continue to succeed by being a developmental program.
    Yeah Chapo seems to think NDSU's recruiting would go to the moon if FBS but I dont think thats likely or even necessary. Still would have less to offer than the P5's, still would have more to offer than local FCS, and would be on an equal footing with G5 schools, but I'm pretty sure we already are on a relatively even footing with them recruiting wise.

I bet more recruits would be given stars, or go from 2 stars to 3 stars. That is an artificial boost though rather than an actual boost.
    College of Business Alumnus

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

#PrepareTheyself

Best ad campaign since "Scream Yellow"
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    #PrepareTheyself

Best ad campaign since "Scream Yellow"
    This guy gets it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah Chapo seems to think NDSU's recruiting would go to the moon if FBS but I dont think thats likely or even necessary. Still would have less to offer than the P5's, still would have more to offer than local FCS, and would be on an equal footing with G5 schools, but I'm pretty sure we already are on a relatively even footing with them recruiting wise.

I bet more recruits would be given stars, or go from 2 stars to 3 stars. That is an artificial boost though rather than an actual boost.
    I would agree with that.