Page 203 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1031531932012022032042052132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    this is just not true. The 4-7 New Mexico team would be VASTLY superior to the USD team. The outcome might still be a W for the Bison but the game would sure be a lot more interesting.

I used to be anti-FBS but i have now switched.

The way i see it, in the FBS the regular season matters and so does the scores of those games. Right now we have 3-4 games annually (including the Frisco game) that we could potentially care about. In the FBS, since you are playing for bowl positioning they all matter.

I will always support the Bison but to be honest I didn't even watch more than 5 minutes of this weekends game (and that was just to see Snorty on the helmets). That didn't use to be the case. While others may "die" to be in our shoes we have broken the FCS and it is now stagnant.
    BOOM!! Welcome Aboard!

Tony has been merging threads lately.. might as well merge this with Bigger and Better FBS thread!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    And in that regard, things are only going to get tougher for the rest of FCS. This is a very young team, and maybe partially why we are seeing so many penalties. If ever there was a year for NDSU to slow a step, this was it. Fast forward to 11-0 and what is easily the best offensive unit NDSU has ever fielded. What do the next 3 seasons bring? Maybe a loss to Oregon next September, but that will be the most competitive game we play in. Honestly I expect the scores to be much more lopsided next year, if that can be even fathomed. As frustrated as sdsu and uni fans are with us, this is only the beginning because it really makes no difference how good their teams are.

Still no response on how we payed for the D1 move and why moving to FBS would be so much different (it’s not). When president Chapman was around he provided the leadership, vision, and motivation. We didn’t have a conference (literally nobody wanted us), we didn’t have any idea how to pay for the move up (Gene Taylor worked his ass off), people constantly saying how it is better to be a big fish in a small pond, etc, so no way we would compete for a national title, etc.

If that sounds familiar that is because it is. Hearing same comments today about FBS.

those comments aged well

All I’m asking is keep having the conversations, and maybe there will be an opportunity for NDSU to be opportunistic in the future like we were in 2002. That day isn’t today, but trying to slam the door shut on the idea or tear down certain posters every time it comes up isn’t a productive strategy.
    Even as a pro FBS true believer, I don't think the time is quite right for us. We need to bring our facilities up to snuff before any move up. The Dome and future home of football can be settled later. However, we need to get this IPF done, need to get the Softball stadium and attached IPF done, need to get T&F squared away, and finally need to get the basketball situation figured out. Meaning we need to either dump another 20 million in the SHAC so that the arena portion can be properly configured or we need to lay the groundwork to build new. We currently have about the 5th best arena in the Summit and that's not going to fly in a true mid major or above league.

When we go FBS every extra dollar will need to go to Football in order to ensure a successful transition. Getting bogged down in an Olympics facilities arms race to make us more attractive to perspective conferences would be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Even as a pro FBS true believer, I don't think the time is quite right for us. We need to bring our facilities up to snuff before any move up. The Dome and future home of football can be settled later. However, we need to get this IPF done, need to get the Softball stadium and attached IPF done, need to get T&F squared away, and finally need to get the basketball situation figured out. Meaning we need to either dump another 20 million in the SHAC so that the arena portion can be properly configured or we need to lay the groundwork to build new. We currently have about the 5th best arena in the Summit and that's not going to fly in a true mid major or above league.

When we go FBS every extra dollar will need to go to Football in order to ensure a successful transition. Getting bogged down in an Olympics facilities arms race to make us more attractive to perspective conferences would be a killer.
    I may have missed this but what is the problem with the arena in the SHAC?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post

?

Have you been to the SHAC or the softball field?

They're nicer than many/most venues in DI.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The only issue I know of in the SHAC is the row spacing between seats.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AAC haha that’s awesome.

Unless it’s B12 you can have my tickets.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    AAC haha that’s awesome.

Unless it’s B12 you can have my tickets.
    Awesome!! What seats are they and how many do I get? I'll send pics during each game so its like you were still there.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

alien-pic-010.jpg...............
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I often wonder what the catalyst was behind making the D2 to D1 transition. I mean yeah the tradition was there, but its not like we were curb stomping everyone at the D2 level and all the signs pointed to moving up. It seems like now, especially with all the improvement in facilities across all sports, would make the most sense in regards to timing. Also, as far as athletic revenue goes, the MAC makes much more sense than the AAC or the MW for that matter. We'd immediately compete for a MAC championship and would more that likely end every season with 9-10 wins.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    I often wonder what the catalyst was behind making the D2 to D1 transition. I mean yeah the tradition was there, but its not like we were curb stomping everyone at the D2 level and all the signs pointed to moving up. It seems like now, especially with all the improvement in facilities across all sports, would make the most sense in regards to timing. Also, as far as athletic revenue goes, the MAC makes much more sense than the AAC or the MW for that matter. We'd immediately compete for a MAC championship and would more that likely end every season with 9-10 wins.

MAC & MWC DON"T WANT NDSU BECAUSE WE'D BE #1 or #2 PROGRAM the 1st day we play. that's a huge hurdle NDSU has with them, outside of geography.

NDSU football flies to Terra Haute, Springfield, Normal already. flying to Tulsa, Cincinatti, Texas is not some drastic change in travel dollars.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?