Page 941 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4418418919319399409419429439519911041 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,410 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If you see no value to a G5 season you are likely to be quite disappointed with FBS
    Not sure if that's directed at me, but if it is you've misinterpreted my post. I made a very recent post about the realities of life in FBS and how I'm understanding of them.

But, that's exactly my point. "A G5 playoff champion wouldn't be a true champion so there's no reason to play." Well okay, why do they even have a team in the first place then?

I'm all for a G5 playoff with/without a G5 CFP attendee because it's more football, exciting, something to play for, and better than the Frisco Bowl.

If G5 schools can get excited for the Quicken Loans Urban Blight Bowl, I'm sure they'll find a way to get excited to play in a post season tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I believe there are close to 70 P5 schools with a few more on the way. Most years the 12 team playoff will have 11 P5's. That leaves a whole lot of P5 schools not in the playoff. They probably don't look down their nose at bowl games like you folks do. I suspect there will still be bowl games.

A G5 only playoff would be a non event with very limited interest..

Very much along the lines of a AAA baseball playoff.

The FCS playoff is cool because the winner becomes the champ of FCS. A G5 only champ? Meh...
    I do honestly have yet to meet one college football fan that has told me that in their life they have traveled to a non-CFP bowl game. And I've lived in Texas for a decade...

I'm not even sure how to respond to someone rejecting any sort of playoff system in defense of the sanctity of bowl games lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I do honestly have yet to meet one college football fan that has told me that in their life they have traveled to a non-CFP bowl game. And I've lived in Texas for a decade...

I'm not even sure how to respond to someone rejecting any sort of playoff system in defense of the sanctity of bowl games lol
    I know quite a few gopher, badger, Hawkeye, cyclone and husker fans that have traveled to non CFP bowl games. Some have really enjoyed it, others not as much.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

I've known several who have done it even to some unexciting locals (i.e. Boise, Detroit). They all enjoyed it. It helps that I live in a state with IU, Purdue, and Ball State, who will likely never be in a CFP bowl game and aren't guaranteed a bowl game every season. But I've also known VA Tech, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Ohio State alumni just off the top of my head. Plus a few MAC schools now that I think of it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I have gone to bowl games. Most of the MW games are in the west. My favorite was against Boston College in Oracle Park in San Francisco. Almost 40 thousand Pack fans showed up. I watched Joe Montana walk by not 15 feet from my seat. Pretty great night. That win bumped Nevada up to number 11 in both polls.

I really don't understand why you guys denigrate bowl games so much..If your fans don't travel to these games wouldn't that be a reflection on your fans..?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have gone to bowl games. Most of the MW games are in the west. My favorite was against Boston College in Oracle Park in San Francisco. Almost 40 thousand Pack fans showed up. I watched Joe Montana walk by not 15 feet from my seat. Pretty great night. That win bumped Nevada up to number 11 in both polls.

I really don't understand why you guys denigrate bowl games so much..If your fans don't travel to these games wouldn't that be a reflection on your fans..?
    Every experience that I’ve heard from others about bowl games sound very similar to my experiences at FBS games and Frisco. It’s all about socializing with fellow fans. The destination plays a role but it is a bit inconsequential. Frisco, TX isn’t really anything special but all 3 times I’ve been it’s been fun.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not all of us denigrate bowl games. Sure there are some locations that don't move the needle a whole lot, but there are also a lot of places that would be a lot of fun. SF, like you mentioned, NOLA, Phoenix, New York, etc. Obviously bowls are tied to conferences so that would play into it. It would be a chance to party with other fellow fans in locations that might not necessarily be destinations otherwise.

The other possibility is falling back to the pack in FCS and having playoff games in Ogden, Carbondale, Missoula, Flagstaff, Youngstown, etc. So I don't really get the bowl game hate.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Not all of us denigrate bowl games. Sure there are some locations that don't move the needle a whole lot, but there are also a lot of places that would be a lot of fun. SF, like you mentioned, NOLA, Phoenix, New York, etc. Obviously bowls are tied to conferences so that would play into it. It would be a chance to party with other fellow fans in locations that might not necessarily be destinations otherwise.

The other possibility is falling back to the pack in FCS and having playoff games in Ogden, Carbondale, Missoula, Flagstaff, Youngstown, etc. So I don't really get the bowl game hate.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Exactly! You think going to Detroit or Boise would suck but when you are in the middle of drinking in a bar or hotel with a bunch of other Bison fans. At that point, does it matter what you are located?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I've known several who have done it even to some unexciting locals (i.e. Boise, Detroit). They all enjoyed it. It helps that I live in a state with IU, Purdue, and Ball State, who will likely never be in a CFP bowl game and aren't guaranteed a bowl game every season. But I've also known VA Tech, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Ohio State alumni just off the top of my head. Plus a few MAC schools now that I think of it.

A fan’s interest in “their” team shouldn’t be dictated by what level of football their team is playing in. I get the feeling that is the feeling of a lot of posters here. I’ll go to a bowl game if we were in FBS and made one. I’ll also go to an Indiana State game in FCS setting, and the Natty game if we’re in it. For me, it’s not a “my team is FBS” rah, rah, rah!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by cas4127 View Post
    a fan’s interest in “their” team shouldn’t be dictated by what level of football their team is playing in. I get the feeling that is the feeling of a lot of posters here. I’ll go to a bowl game if we were in fbs and made one. I’ll also go to an indiana state game in fcs setting, and the natty game if we’re in it. For me, it’s not a “my team is fbs” rah, rah, rah!!
    spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."