Page 858 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860868908958 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    problem with your scenario is the CUSA/MAC/SUN BELT will have a "Chip & A Chance"

because in 2024 the door is shut & NDSU will be ballsacking the Dakota schools & Terra Haute/Mcomb teams for next 100 years while our idiot admin says "we will see what the future brings"
    SBC and MAC have a chance. CUSA does not.
    If you go back the past 8 years when the G5 became included in CFP rankings, the bid would have gone to:
    AAC 6 out of 8 years, MWC 1 year, MAC one year. The NY6 access slot becomes the CFP bid.

The odds are basically zero for CUSA due to conference makeup and SOS now. Quite literally will be 8-10 of the very bottom schools.

It's really stupid wringing our hands over a conference that has no interest in us due to geography. It's like wishing we were in the Southland.
    Nothing is changing in 2024 that isn't already known. Theres no magic gate that will close.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I guess if you’re going to suck might as well suck in FBS. Go Owls. It's the Owls, right?
    Who? 10 char
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    SBC and MAC have a chance. CUSA does not.
    If you go back the past 8 years when the G5 became included in CFP rankings, the bid would have gone to:
    AAC 6 out of 8 years, MWC 1 year, MAC one year. The NY6 access slot becomes the CFP bid.

The odds are basically zero for CUSA due to conference makeup and SOS now. Quite literally will be 8-10 of the very bottom schools.

It's really stupid wringing our hands over a conference that has no interest in us due to geography. It's like wishing we were in the Southland.
    Nothing is changing in 2024 that isn't already known. Theres no magic gate that will close.
    If the PAC12 B12 and MWC all continue to exist then I agree with you. If 3 becomes 2, I think a gate does close because conference sizes would already go up to accommodate the merges.
    Last edited by BigLakeBison; 10-08-2022 at 03:03 AM.

So now the programs that were supposed to backfill the absences of App, Georgia Southern, coastal Carolina, James Madison, Sam Houston state and Jacksonville State - are now themselves leaving FCS?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So now the programs that were supposed to backfill the absences of App, Georgia Southern, coastal Carolina, James Madison, Sam Houston state and Jacksonville State - are now themselves leaving FCS?
    Delaware, W&M, NC A&T are who I expect to step up in the east.
    South/southeast was already pretty diluted. Maybe Citadel, Mercer a few schools like that.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I keep hearing NDSU admin needs to make an announcement of FBS intentions, but how often does that actually happen? In the last 20 years 12 teams have joined FBS, plus SHSU, JSU, and apparently KSU in the near future. Other than random people on the internet speculating or sportswriters spreading rumors to fill space and get clicks, how many of these programs had an official announcement of intent before an invite? Not counting ones like ODU that had a full FBS conference invite before even playing a single game when starting football from scratch. Please don't just say "x did", give a link to the announcement.
    My main point is everybody with the power to get us FBS knows about NDSU football. I am very confident every single conference commissioner and uni president/AD have heard of us.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I'm picturing NDSU, SDSU, Montana, & Montana State as the four musicians playing music on the Titanic as it's sinking. App State, Georgia Southern, and Coastal got on the first life raft and are just looking back at the sinking (FCS) ship in the distance. JMU, Sam Houston, Jax State, & Kennesaw are now boarding the last life raft.

Other FCS schools in the south with a pulse (EKU, Tarleton, SFA, McNeese, Missouri St., etc.) are about to jump off the ship and hope to grab onto something, waiting for a (FBS) rescue boat to come save them.
    The rest of the FCS is stuck in steerage on the sinking FCS ship, completely irrelevant to the outside world.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I'm picturing NDSU, SDSU, Montana, & Montana State as the four musicians playing music on the Titanic as it's sinking. App State, Georgia Southern, and Coastal got on the first life raft and are just looking back at the sinking (FCS) ship in the distance. JMU, Sam Houston, Jax State, & Kennesaw are now boarding the last life raft.

Other FCS schools in the south with a pulse (EKU, Tarleton, SFA, McNeese, Missouri St., etc.) are about to jump off the ship and hope to grab onto something, waiting for a (FBS) rescue boat to come save them.
    The rest of the FCS is stuck in steerage on the sinking FCS ship, completely irrelevant to the outside world.
    This is such a perfect analogy. I'm imagining UND as the guy who jumps and hits the propeller. SDSU will end up being Rose on the door, taper and daddy daycare are Jack in the water saying "this is fine, someone will save me when the stars align".

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    This is such a perfect analogy. I'm imagining UND as the guy who jumps and hits the propeller. SDSU will end up being Rose on the door, taper and daddy daycare are Jack in the water saying "this is fine, someone will save me when the stars align".

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    And the Carpathia won't show up until 2026 with lifeboats..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    And the Carpathia won't show up until 2026 with lifeboats..
    Would be great! This ship won't be sunk in 2026. And the Carpathia is first class cruising.