Page 522 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 224224725125205215225235245325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

In my experience, the Wyoming fans travel really well.

CSU not so much

Boise sends lots of fans

However, since most MW football games are at night and on tv it does depress road attendance considerably. It hurts home attendance as well.

On the other hand..There are a number of fun places to visit for your fans. It is tough to beat watching a game in Honolulu. San Diego has delightful weather year round. Vegas, baby!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Hmmm, this actually brings up a really good point. If we had a new, unconstrained capacity stadium and were MW. How much could we expect to get for visiting fans? What is typical?

Would Boise, Colorado State, Wyoming, etc. bring more fans than the current 200? that most Valley teams bring? I would think so, but not sure how much.

To Chapo's point, in FCS there is a major, major inflow/outflow deficit when it comes to NDSU and our fan base...
    I think there is enough articles/podcasts/etc. out there that would increase the intrigue for those fan bases to check out the gameday atmosphere in Fargo at least once. Could get a nice little boost in attendance, at least for the first couple of years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Sometimes you guys just ask the wrong questions.

How do typical MAC Tuesday night TV ratings compare to your national championship game TV ratings?

Your national championship game should be a huge national draw, but I don't think it is, partly because ESPN seems to broadcast it out of obligation with almost no promotion in the preceding week. I love watching weeknight MAC-tion games.
    Why should the FCS national title be a huge national draw?

I cant think of a single reason. I watch. But why would my buddy who went to Penn State watch? How bout my friend who went to NYU?
    College of Business Alumnus

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man the internet is awesome sometimes. This is like a massive train wreck I can't ignore.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

I cant think of a single reason. I watch. But why would my buddy who went to Penn State watch? How bout my friend who went to NYU?
    There are pockets of people who watch with no connection to any team. Coaches from all levels will watch all the championship games because they may have athletes they recruited playing in the game. Most officials I know watch all the championship games. A friend whose son plays for for Indiana State watched. A friend whose son played for IU and now Eastern Kentucky (and was offered as a transfer by NDSU) watched. So there are some pockets. But unless you have something like Deion leading Jackson State to the final and they put it on ESPN or ABC you won't have a huge national following.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    u saying u wouldn’t go back to 2010 if you could bro?
    Imagine the mining rigs we could build in 2010 bro
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Imagine the mining rigs we could build in 2010 bro
    For BitCoin?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

I watch all types of football games that I have no connection to.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

New York city!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    New York city!
    Get a rope!