Page 509 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 94094594995075085095105115195596091009 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    So Adam V's son, who probably grew up considering "home" as MA (Pats) or IN (Colts), picked living in MA versus SD?

Amherst over Brookings?
    Whodathunkit.
    Exactly! We have no idea what the key factors are due these kids. UMass is an excellent school regardless of football. Maybe he likes the New England area. It's not necessarily a knock on SDSU.

I worked one of his games this year and talked with Adam at halftime. He spoke positively of kicking at Dakotah Field. The game was a week before the Marker game so no opportunity to talk smack!

AJ's high school coach played at Montana State and is married to a girl from Minot. She's the younger sister of a classmate. Lots of Dakota around the field that night!

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-...06cb13f8c.html

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Everyone remembers Adam Vinatieri, the legendary NFL field goal kicker who went to SDSU. Adam also had a nephew that was a field goal kicker for SDSU a few years back. So the Vinatieri family has a strong connection to SDSU.

Well Adam's son, AJ Vinatieri just committed to a school. He had seven offers, including SDSU. So where did the kid commit to? He is going to the only FBS offer he had. It's UMASS! All the Status Quo people can ridicule UMASS all they want, but the kid took a shitty FBS school over the family legacy college SDSU. https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-vinati...ycsrp_catchall
    kids will always take a FBS offer over fcs , yes there are probably 3-4 a year that dont and luckily NDSU has snagged some of those.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The "new" CUSA is - as of right now - literally the only realistic option for NDSU. And it's a shitty one. Do you really feel like NDSU recruiting will skyrocket because it's "FBS." I don't. MAC, MWC, B12....sure. The new CUSA. No.

gavin2126 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Everyone remembers Adam Vinatieri, the legendary NFL field goal kicker who went to SDSU. Adam also had a nephew that was a field goal kicker for SDSU a few years back. So the Vinatieri family has a strong connection to SDSU.

Well Adam's son, AJ Vinatieri just committed to a school. He had seven offers, including SDSU. So where did the kid commit to? He is going to the only FBS offer he had. It's UMASS! All the Status Quo people can ridicule UMASS all they want, but the kid took a shitty FBS school over the family legacy college SDSU. https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-vinati...ycsrp_catchall
    His final 4 was UMass, SDSU, LSU, & Indiana. As others have stated, he had multiple PWO offers from P5 teams. And I seriously doubt he needs scholarship money.

I thought I saw somewhere that AJ is more a punter than a kicker, though he did both in HS. If that's the case UMass makes the most sense because he'll have the most practice.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    kids will always take a FBS offer over fcs , yes there are probably 3-4 a year that dont and luckily NDSU has snagged some of those.
    Am I the only one who reads this and thinks...

"60% of the time, it works all the time?"
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Interesting to hear Culhane say today that the Bunnies have no interest in FBS and that they really consider themselves a BB school. I bet a few FCS trophies would tip the scale a bit though He also made it abundantly clear that the AD has been very active behind the scenes on the FBS move, but that ultimately NDSU needs a president before this can all really start because that's who goes out and gets the invite

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Interesting to hear Culhane say today that the Bunnies have no interest in FBS and that they really consider themselves a BB school. I bet a few FCS trophies would tip the scale a bit though He also made it abundantly clear that the AD has been very active behind the scenes on the FBS move, but that ultimately NDSU needs a president before this can all really start because that's who goes out and gets the invite
    He isn’t wrong.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are we FBS yet?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Ol.Stiggy said it in an interview last fall when realignment was poppin off.
    "we like it here at FCS & intend to stay fcs"

Brookings, stink forks, Vermont, cedar falls has zero chance"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You can't tell me that bunny cheerleaders don't tip the scales

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk