Page 502 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so how does today's ncaa meetings and next week help NDSU to FBS momentum?
    It's good news for Richman bro.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah I mean we really should’ve seen it coming that amateur college athletics would get ripped apart by greed. Shameful. The people who end up getting their pockets lined the best will be the anti-trust lawyers who will hang all of it up for years in the courts. All the P5 administrators saying it “needs to blow up”, no you need to put a leash on the SEC and everything will go back to normal. FWIW, this is what happens when you let some 60-odd schools make decisions on behalf of a 1,000 member institution. Oligarchy is tyranny.

I’ve kinda gotten to the point that I’m sad that all this non-profit money is being used for such a superficial endeavor. Ohio State spends $170M to help their kids put a ball in a hoop or across a line better than other schools. :/ yes, I understand it comes from fan/boosters, that’s my problem.
    The money they are discussing here is not fan/booster money because that amount largely does not go to the NCAA. It mostly goes directly to the schools. They have that money and keep that money. The NCAA money is like 85% March Madness media rights. A decent percentage of that money goes to D2 and D3, smaller D1 conferences, and non-revenue sports. You can call it greedy, but you can also argue they are interested in keeping more of the money they generate just like any taxpayer who would rather keep more of their salary. I don't believe they want to shut off the tap to everyone else, but I assume they want to keep more of the revenue. And also have more autonomy in some of the decision making. There are more of the smaller voters than the bigger votes so they have a lot of say over what the big boys get.

It's much more complex than just saying they are greedy. As I've said before, the best and worst thing to happen to the NCAA was the crazy growth on March Madness and the media money it generates.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The money they are discussing here is not fan/booster money because that amount largely does not go to the NCAA. It mostly goes directly to the schools. They have that money and keep that money. The NCAA money is like 85% March Madness media rights. A decent percentage of that money goes to D2 and D3, smaller D1 conferences, and non-revenue sports. You can call it greedy, but you can also argue they are interested in keeping more of the money they generate just like any taxpayer who would rather keep more of their salary. I don't believe they want to shut off the tap to everyone else, but I assume they want to keep more of the revenue. And also have more autonomy in some of the decision making. There are more of the smaller voters than the bigger votes so they have a lot of say over what the big boys get.

It's much more complex than just saying they are greedy. As I've said before, the best and worst thing to happen to the NCAA was the crazy growth on March Madness and the media money it generates.
    Indy, where does all the money come from for the NCAA? The fans and boosters. Whether it’s TV rights, attendance, donations, it’s coming from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Another reason to FBS. We obvious weren't included in this survey since it says it only surveyed "Division 1 football fans". I would think this is something we'd win hands down "if" were included. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nebr...150317160.html

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Indy, where does all the money come from for the NCAA? The fans and boosters. Whether it’s TV rights, attendance, donations, it’s coming from us.
    It's like 80-85% of the NCAA revenue comes directly from the broadcast rights for March Madness. CBS recovers their expense through advertising. Advertisers gain revenue from that advertising so i guess if you count the money the advertisers attribute to this advertising I guess you can say the money comes from fans and boosters. CBS wouldn't bid that much if not for the fans.

Universities get a slice of that revenue but they get a larger percentage of their revenue from fans and boosters and their own sponsorship and broadcast rights. The mix of that revenue will vary from school to school.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Another reason to FBS. We obvious weren't included in this survey since it says it only surveyed "Division 1 football fans". I would think this is something we'd win hands down "if" were included. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nebr...150317160.html
    Fake news. There is absolutely no way Goldy out drinks Bucky. Uh uh, no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I've only posted 3 times this week

I've been on FBS bandwagon for 10 years now, screaming yelling and convincing people and I KNOW I HAVE THE MAJORITY FOLLOWING ME for last 2-3 years now.

But this is so freakin depressing. suck in fcs the 3rd tier of football. no AD with balls, no President pushing it.

stuck with a irrelevant Basketball program for another 2-3 years with a horrible head coach & philosophy, not exciting whatsoever

wrestling, baseball - meh
    women's sports who cares

NDSU is going to miss out on capitalizing on this Football Dynasty run, we are already losing attention/marketing bad right now.

I'm broken..... NDSU needs a spark.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been on FBS bandwagon for 10 years now, screaming yelling and convincing people and I KNOW I HAVE THE MAJORITY FOLLOWING ME for last 2-3 years now.

But this is so freakin depressing. suck in fcs the 3rd tier of football. no AD with balls, no President pushing it.

stuck with a irrelevant Basketball program for another 2-3 years with a horrible head coach & philosophy, not exciting whatsoever

women's sports who cares

NDSU is going to miss out on capitalizing on this Football Dynasty run, we are already losing attention/marketing bad right now.

Depressing? Go fishing and drink a beer. It's not that big of a deal.

I've been on FBS bandwagon for 10 years now, screaming yelling and convincing people and

I KNOW I HAVE THE MAJORITY FOLLOWING ME

for last 2-3 years now.

women's sports who cares

CHAPO: I KNOW I HAVE THE MAJORITY FOLLOWING ME……

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20g3QIUnOgY

yes bruin. majority of ndsu fans are following me on ndsu to fbs bandwagon. sorry, that's a fact. time to join the big boys
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?