Page 446 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Continental Europe soccer stadiums utilize standing areas
    I thought they outlawed those after a bunch of people got crushed?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

announcing Stadium Expansion & FBS Intentions night6get the MWC to turn its head towards us
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I don't wanna do that Roman nuts to butts thing in front of you then thank you very much. Kev probably would though.
    Me neither. I think that is only in a single section of the new stadium plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I believe England got rid of standing areas after around 100 Liverpool fans were killed. The video of that event is horrifying to see. Not gory or anything, just seeing something like that happen is awful. It looked to me like England got a wakeup call.

During UEFA and international competitions, in other countries they bring in seats at these stadiums. For example:

Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund) says it has a league capacity of 81K, but an international capacity of about 66K. Wikipedia says that Dortmund (and neighboring Schalke) bolt seats into place for the international games. Also Dortmund apparently uses something called rail seats. Bayern Munich's stadium holds 75K for the league, but 70K for european and international games. Wikipedia says they (and a few other clubs) have seats that fold away.

Here is what Hannover's stadium standing area looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_s..._safe_standing

the wikipedia page for any interested nerds. But if its good enough for the Germans and the Romans, it's good enough for me. Gives the more rambunctious fans their own area to be, while the older fans can sit in other areas undisturbed by El Chapo constantly trying to pump it up.

Last but not least, a funny video of an event that occurred recently in a Dutch stadium (in a standing area it appears).

I dont think it will make its way to the US in a meaningful sense, but it has carried on in first world countries even in their new stadiums.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I believe England got rid of standing areas after around 100 Liverpool fans were killed. The video of that event is horrifying to see. Not gory or anything, just seeing something like that happen is awful. It looked to me like England got a wakeup call.

During UEFA and international competitions, in other countries they bring in seats at these stadiums. For example:

Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund) says it has a league capacity of 81K, but an international capacity of about 66K. Wikipedia says that Dortmund (and neighboring Schalke) bolt seats into place for the international games. Also Dortmund apparently uses something called rail seats. Bayern Munich's stadium holds 75K for the league, but 70K for european and international games. Wikipedia says they (and a few other clubs) have seats that fold away.

Here is what Hannover's stadium standing area looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_s..._safe_standing

the wikipedia page for any interested nerds. But if its good enough for the Germans and the Romans, it's good enough for me. Gives the more rambunctious fans their own area to be, while the older fans can sit in other areas undisturbed by El Chapo constantly trying to pump it up.

Last but not least, a funny video of an event that occurred recently in a Dutch stadium (in a standing area it appears).

I dont think it will make its way to the US in a meaningful sense, but it has carried on in first world countries even in their new stadiums.
    Great info, I also had thought all european stadiums went all-seater after Hillsborough. As an engineer I cringe every time I see Wisco students doing Jump Around. Just like I cringe every time I flush the urinal in Scruffy Duffies the night of the FCS championship game.

It's not designed for this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...box=1636832603

NDSU mentioned in this article but it more points to the MAC schools not wanting NDSU unless they are FBS. Does NDSU bring more value to the MAC than the negative geographic footprint? I just don’t see a MAC invite coming anytime soon. Plus our media deal dwarfs both the MAC and CUSA!

Kelby Krabbenhoft corner of our new stadium?
    Dots on other end
    Aldervon on other

let's gooo

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...box=1636832603

NDSU mentioned in this article but it more points to the MAC schools not wanting NDSU unless they are FBS. Does NDSU bring more value to the MAC than the negative geographic footprint? I just don’t see a MAC invite coming anytime soon. Plus our media deal dwarfs both the MAC and CUSA!
    I want FBS so bad I'm willing to do MAC or CUSA at this point.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Kelby Krabbenhoft corner of our new stadium?
    Dots on other end
    Aldervon on other

let's gooo
    Just the 3 corners in a new stadium?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I want FBS so bad I'm willing to do MAC or CUSA at this point.
    FBS always and in all ways Chapo. Don't care where we go, just get us out of pudville.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.