Page 440 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540940 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

this ain't HIGH SCHOOL or D2/D3 . Parents of a FBS player will be willing to travel for 8-10 times FFS.... ridiculous argument!

NDSU will 100% dominate any recruit in ND/SD/Minn that isn't going to Wisc/Iowa/Iowa St/Minnesota.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The the biggest factor is 22 more scholarships
    This is probably more a Hammersmith question, but it's not just 22. It's 22 plus the Title IX equity impacts. Is NDSU ready to manage that? Which women's sports would benefit?

To my eye, NDSU is at 16 sponsored sports, minimum for FBS. No issues there; but is there room to add women's scholarships to balance?

Side note: Strangely, when UND cut sports, they didn't go to 14 (FCS minimum), they too stopped at 17 (and put men's golf on death watch, so effectively 16).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this ain't HIGH SCHOOL or D2/D3 . Parents of a FBS player will be willing to travel for 8-10 times FFS.... ridiculous argument!

NDSU will 100% dominate any recruit in ND/SD/Minn that isn't going to Wisc/Iowa/Iowa St/Minnesota.
    I mean, those schools lose kids to bigger P5's but yes, I suspect NDSU would have an easier time getting their leftovers.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    This is probably more a Hammersmith question, but it's not just 22. It's 22 plus the Title IX equity impacts. Is NDSU ready to manage that? Which women's sports would benefit?

To my eye, NDSU is at 16 sponsored sports, minimum for FBS. No issues there; but is there room to add women's scholarships to balance?

Side note: Strangely, when UND cut sports, they didn't go to 14 (FCS minimum), they too stopped at 17 (and put men's golf on death watch, so effectively 16).
    Summit sponsors Tennis and Swimming/Diving for which we currently don’t field teams. Hat tip to Hammersmith who iirc posted to this effect recently on one of the zillion threads related to this subject.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Summit sponsors Tennis and Swimming/Diving for which we currently don’t field teams. Hat tip to Hammersmith who iirc posted to this effect recently on one of the zillion threads related to this subject.
    Adding teams? That sounds expensive.
    It'd be easier if there were open slots to fund scholarships in existing women's sports (while not going over NCAA limits obviously).

Adding teams? That sounds expensive.
    It'd be easier if there were open slots to fund scholarships in existing women's sports (while not going over NCAA limits obviously).
    I think NDSU has been fully funded* in women's sports for a decade or more. No room to grow there. Only way to add more women's scholarships at NDSU is to add more sports. Tennis is cheap. S&D is fairly cheap now that West Fargo built a big swimming facility. I think it would have everything a DI program needs except for platform diving. Major issue now is that it's already shared by three high school programs(WF, Sheyenne, Horace). Those two sports are likely preferred because they have ready-made homes(Summit). The other choices of rugby, wrestling, lacrosse, etc. all have the problems of extremely few other programs around us. And equestrian is f--ing expensive to run. It would be our own version of UND women's hockey.

*there have been years where some women's sports like basketball didn't use all the scholarships(coughdumbcough), but the money was always there

That would be easy. Our endowment funds for athletic scholarships would cover the difference. It's grown to the point where Teammakers is funding capital projects.

But having more scholarships would off set some laughable idea that mom and dad want to drive to vermillion every 2 years

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Those two sports are likely preferred because they have ready-made homes(Summit). ... And equestrian is f--ing expensive to run. It would be our own version of UND women's hockey.
    I think you'd pause on sport selection in case you're not in the Summit (align to a new home's offering).

But, equestrian, hockey, as a start-up or continuing expense (without a gate to support it) ... pass. Run away. (Learn from other's mistakes. )

I think that people are not factoring in is there are some big money alumni that will step up to the plate.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

I think you'd pause on sport selection in case you're not in the Summit (align to a new home's offering).

But, equestrian, hockey, as a start-up or continuing expense (without a gate to support it) ... pass. Run away. (Learn from other's mistakes. )
    If UND were to "someday" go FBS, would you be willing to bring back womens hockey to keep in compliance? Asking for a friend from UND.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA