Page 1321 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 321821122112711311131913201321132213231331 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I hadn't heard either but just looked it up

https://jmusportsnews.com/2023/11/25...n-a-bowl-game/
    Yep me too.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    You don't need an exemption to a blatant anti-trust violation. The WAC just goes FBS and nobody will stop them. We join them as a northern pod to get 8+ FBS teams. It'll take time to get bowl contracts, but once this new conference starts winning that won't be a problem. If they don't win they don't belong so it's a moot point.

BTW, both James Madison and Jacksonville St are bowling this year despite being technically ineligible. There's always a way.
    First, the WAC is already partnered up with the ASUN so they don't really need anymore schools if they can actually get to the FBS. Second, it seems really illogical to me that one can advocate for NDSU to join a WAC move to the FBS but disparage joining CUSA which is an existing FBS conference. This type of thought process is exactly why some feel that you and others like you are advocating for staying FCS. Because it makes no rational sense.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The talk of going FBS with the other 3 Dakota schools is beyond insane. There isn't enough money in either state to support it and there is not enough talent in the upper Midwest to support 4 FBS teams. We either need to suck it up and make the transition now by ourselves so that we're established in FBS when the next moves happen or partner with Montana, Montana State, Idaho and SDSU to form a Northern division of a "Sun Belt west." ie, a conference of mostly smaller rural schools where Football is the lead sport on campus.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ITS A FUCKIN PLANE RIDE ANYWHERE. SO YOU ADD AN EXTRA 45 MINUTES IN A PLANE

NDSU ALREADY FLIES TO TERRE HAUTE INDIANA & SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI!!! idiots.
    It blows my mind that you can't comprehend that it's not about where NDSU flies. Jesus Christ at least attempt to use common sense one time.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Because facts are inconvenient:
    Delaware is about 250 miles from the closest CUSA member. Four others are 700-800 miles away. Good chance UMass joins as a travel partner.
    NDSU is over 1000 miles from the closest CUSA and it gets a lot worse from there.
    NDSU's media deal is already more than twice CUSA's. Delaware gets to leave that cesspool that FloSports calls streaming.

Our best chance is to get the 4 Dakotas together as the northern pod when the WAC jumps in roughly 5 years. Despite the hate some have for that, it is realistic.
    That's a good Bingo.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The talk of going FBS with the other 3 Dakota schools is beyond insane. There isn't enough money in either state to support it and there is not enough talent in the upper Midwest to support 4 FBS teams. We either need to suck it up and make the transition now by ourselves so that we're established in FBS when the next moves happen or partner with Montana, Montana State, Idaho and SDSU to form a Northern division of a "Sun Belt west." ie, a conference of mostly smaller rural schools where Football is the lead sport on campus.
    I would absolutely love to see a northern group of schools like this try to make a move. The problem is that it is going to take some serious effort in order to make it work. Much more effort in my opinion than NDSU just worrying about moving their own Ath. Dept. to another conference. Given the lack of evidence that the current leadership is trying to do anything aggressive on the FBS front, a plan to create an entirely new FBS conference seems very ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    ... partner with Montana, Montana State, Idaho ...
    They love their west coast recruits via games at Davis and Sac and Poly and PSU. Not sure they're looking to give that up.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    First, the WAC is already partnered up with the ASUN so they don't really need anymore schools if they can actually get to the FBS. Second, it seems really illogical to me that one can advocate for NDSU to join a WAC move to the FBS but disparage joining CUSA which is an existing FBS conference. This type of thought process is exactly why some feel that you and others like you are advocating for staying FCS. Because it makes no rational sense.
    I've already explained my reasoning, but to refresh:
    I doubt all the WAC-ASUN members will go FBS when the time comes. The 4 Dakotas are a ready made plug in and we all either already meet the new requirements or can easily get there.
    CUSA is an island of misfits. WAC is a group of ambitious schools on the rise. I know which one I want to partner with.
    WAC can go FBS any time it wants. The NCAA knows it'll lose yet another anti-trust lawsuit if it tries to stop them, so it won't.

With the PAC2 on the verge of a total merge with the MWC there's no other option. Just like our past history, we need to make our own path.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    "NCAA rules allow for second-year transitioning teams to make a bowl game if there aren’t enough 6-6 teams."

Even crappy Minnesota is going bowling at 5-7, lol
    Yes, this is just the standard process for selecting bowl teams. There's no special exemption or waiver granted.
    It doesn't occur a ton, which is why it surprises some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_eligibility

There's 41 bowls, and 82 teams that get in this year.
    Only takes 5 fbs wins and 1 fcs win to make the cut.
    After that they take second year transition teams.
    After that it's 5-7 teams based on APR.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's been a little chatter about Buffalo moving from MAC to CUSA.

Not sure how likely that actually is, but if it happened, would open a spot in MAC.
    I'm skeptical there, but maybe they extend into the NE with additions like Delaware, and UMass/UConn.