Page 690 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1905906406806886896906916927007407901190 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I don’t understand why you think the MW needs to be publicly announcing they’re looking at us months before there would be some sort of definitive announcement? There was 0 rumblings about UCLA, USC, OU, UT, JMU, the whole CUSA to SBC shakeup, etc. The days of months and years of courtship are over.

The MW keeps coming up because they conferences that slot over the top of them geographically (PAC and B12) are the most unstable P5 conferences, which has the highest chance of trickling down to affect them. On top of that, unlike the MAC, there are very few legitimate options for the MW to look to should they need to replace schools.

We’ve come up in a conversation during a presidents meeting about which schools could they be looking at (a very rare one-time look into their otherwise obviously private discussions). Do you really think the MW would come out and say “Hey yeah if any schools leave, we’re going to replace with NDSU”. Obviously not.
    This is exactly right.

Conferences and schools don't spend a year campaigning or talking about this. It all happens behind closed doors.
    Once pieces move and an opening occurs, then things can happen.

It very much looks like MWC could have an opening later this year. And there could even be trickle down elsewhere like AAC.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

No more locked doors!

Lardsin must go!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    How many times do I have to say I think the xDSU pair would be a good fit in the MAC before people stop saying I'm against an FBS move?
    I think a regional rival (and a travel partner if it's all sports) is extremely important.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think MAC might be a good home for us. Its at least as competitive as MVFC is, and they have an ESPN deal that gets televised.

MAC has also shown they are willing to expand, they recently offered WKU/MTSU as a pair to join.

There's only two questions I think:
    Are we willing to commit to 15 years there? It won't be 3 or 4 years and an exit to a "better" conference. 15 years is a long time. We've only been FCS for 18 years.

Will our fans show up for Tuesday and Wednesday night games on MACtion? A lot of MAC stadiums have low attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I think MAC might be a good home for us. Its at least as competitive as MVFC is, and they have an ESPN deal that gets televised.

MAC has also shown they are willing to expand, they recently offered WKU/MTSU as a pair to join.

Are we willing to commit to 15 years there? It won't be 3 or 4 years and an exit to a "better" conference. 15 years is a long time. We've only been FCS for 18 years.

Will our fans show up for Tuesday and Wednesday night games on MACtion? A lot of MAC stadiums have low attendance.
    I just look at the tight grouping of MAC schools and I ask myself what president is going to sign off on adding NDSU and SDSU in all sports. It's almost completely a bus league as it currently sits. Could make an argument that it opens up their product to Minnesota/Dakotas/etc. But when they were looking to expand, they were looking at bus-distance schools to the south.

Or as Lakes would say "MW BABY!!! WHETHER YOU'RE FLYING TO BOISE OR FARGO THERE'S NO EFFING DIFFERENCE BYAAAAAHHHH"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

MAC and we riot bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I think a regional rival (and a travel partner if it's all sports) is extremely important.
    Gee, was JMU a "regional" rival? They sure were a rival but hardly "regional". It's possible to make any really competitive team a rival if they beat each other over the years.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Gee, was JMU a "regional" rival? They sure were a rival but hardly "regional". It's possible to make any really competitive team a rival if they beat each other over the years.
    Would be very beneficial to have a Day 1 natural rival though. And all sports invite is dead for us without sdsu or montana
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Would be very beneficial to have a Day 1 natural rival though. And all sports invite is dead for us without sdsu or montana
    I don't get the whole Montana and/or Montana State as a partner. Sure we share a border but Bozeman and especially Missoula sure as fuck aren't bus rides.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I don't get the whole Montana and/or Montana State as a partner. Sure we share a border but Bozeman and especially Missoula sure as fuck aren't bus rides.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    They're closer than New Mexico or Laramie. But you're right, an all sports probably has to include SDSU
    *one day later*