Page 310 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2102603003083093103113123203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fbs-split-ncaa

I'll post this here since it doesn't belong in FB

I think this is huge. Basically, there likely will be a split, but at the FCS/G5 level, not the G5/P5 that so many on here have talked about

If so, game changer for FBS aspirations?
    Probably too late. To use a Bible analogy...Everyone will want to get on Noah’s ark when the rain downpours. The key is to have already been on the ark. And we’ve had too many people in admin and on this board laughing at Noah and saying that it will never rain. Even the door to going FBS as an independent will be closed at that point.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Exactly

The change would be a formal acknowledgement that FCS FB is third tier, with the gap between FCS and G5 likely widening even further, and with move up options likely disappearing

If FCS were to choose to move permanently to spring (which remarkably some on FCS AGS appear to welcome) I would expect this have a major impact on the dynamic as well

The time to choose is nigh …
    The time to choose is past. Thanks to the Frisco yesterday, Frisco today, Frisco forever crowd.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-04-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    The time to choose is past. Thanks to the Frisco yesterday, Frisco today, Frisco forever crowd.
    Yeah I get what you’re saying, but to keep your analogy going – Noah will be very selective as to who gets on the boat. Not all who seek refuge shall be admitted, because most are undeserved.

I see on some forums that posters appear to be oblivious to the implications, suggesting that some P5 and many G5 programs will opt into FCS because they have weak FB programs. Now that right there is downright funny …

Yeah I get what you’re saying, but to keep your analogy going – Noah will be very selective as to who gets on the boat. Not all who seek refuge shall be admitted, because most are undeserved.

I see on some forums that posters appear to be oblivious to the implications, suggesting that some P5 and many G5 programs will opt into FCS because they have weak FB programs. Now that right there is downright funny …
    I agree that very few if any schools are going to choose to not be part of the highest level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    For the tldr crowd...

The group is suggesting that FBS football(and ONLY football) be split off into it's own thing. Big Ten basketball(or volleyball, or baseball) would still be Division I and still compete with all the other DI schools like NDSU. FCS football would stay an NCAA sport, but FBS football would be it's own thing.
    Wide range of opinions - this looks good

But why is most everyone assuming all FBS (coughcoughG5)
    can just decide to stay in this new FBS (coughcoughP5)???

I’ll just leave this here.....

Mark Cuban
    @mcuban · 20h

Hey FBS and basketball too, if you are looking for investors to split off, let me know !!! Knight group recommends FBS split from NCAA https://espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30444422

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

The group studying this looked at the P5/G5 divide and said that the gap between P5 and G5 football was smaller than the gap between FBS football and all other DI sports. That's why they suggested FBS football be broken off rather than the P5 splitting away completely.

Coastal , Georgia Southern, Appy St Liberty. NDSU should be there too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Say we got two groups at the country club. We got the lawyers, farmers, and surgeons who are the rich guys. Then we got the middle class fellas, teachers/coaches, insurance guys, loan officers.

We are in a country club together. The rich guys get the best tee times, have the best clubs, and really handle the day-to-day decision making. Some of them take golf serious, some only play because they are friends with the rest of the guys, but they all put a fair bit of time and money into the country club.

The rest of us like golf, some of us are actually pretty good, any given day those guys can beat a lot of the wealthy guys but his job means he can only golf in the evenings and some weekends with us. The rest of us are average, some are bad. We like to drink beer and socialize. The municipal course sucks and we don't want to go there.

The rich guys don't mind us. We mostly stay out of their way. We don't mind them, most of them are actually pretty good guys, all play softball and basketball together. They invite us to play sometimes if they need a partner. The only annoying thing is that they have the club championship during a time that none of us can make it, but we don't really care because none of us are good enough to be the best. Anyway, they like us because we don't slow down play, some of us coach their kids sports teams, we might have accounting advice or our kid might cut their grass. We even got a Mormon guy who is always willing to DD and he's semi-retired so he can always play in a scramble if the rich guys need someone.

The rich guys want to raise the fees a bit, they want to class up the joint. So we vote in favor because we like golfing here and the municipal course is a dump and the guys who golf there are weird.

The rich guys are happy. The clubhouse is great and the restaurant in there is high end. Most of us might swing in for a beer or appetizers but it's pretty expensive, we'll all probably go to Chili's or something later.

The rich guys don't want to get rid of us. We are pretty friendly with each other. Plus you gotta see the softball tourney we all have every year. It's a great time. They just wanted a nicer country club.

We pay our dues, we golf at different times, and we don't cause any real issues, plus our kids date and go to the same schools, play on the same teams, nobody wants drama in town.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Say we got two groups at the country club. We got the lawyers, farmers, and surgeons who are the rich guys. Then we got the middle class fellas, teachers/coaches, insurance guys, loan officers.

We are in a country club together. The rich guys get the best tee times, have the best clubs, and really handle the day-to-day decision making. Some of them take golf serious, some only play because they are friends with the rest of the guys, but they all put a fair bit of time and money into the country club.

The rest of us like golf, some of us are actually pretty good, any given day those guys can beat a lot of the wealthy guys but his job means he can only golf in the evenings and some weekends with us. The rest of us are average, some are bad. We like to drink beer and socialize. The municipal course sucks and we don't want to go there.

The rich guys don't mind us. We mostly stay out of their way. We don't mind them, most of them are actually pretty good guys, all play softball and basketball together. They invite us to play sometimes if they need a partner. The only annoying thing is that they have the club championship during a time that none of us can make it, but we don't really care because none of us are good enough to be the best. Anyway, they like us because we don't slow down play, some of us coach their kids sports teams, we might have accounting advice or our kid might cut their grass. We even got a Mormon guy who is always willing to DD and he's semi-retired so he can always play in a scramble if the rich guys need someone.

The rich guys want to raise the fees a bit, they want to class up the joint. So we vote in favor because we like golfing here and the municipal course is a dump and the guys who golf there are weird.

The rich guys are happy. The clubhouse is great and the restaurant in there is high end. Most of us might swing in for a beer or appetizers but it's pretty expensive, we'll all probably go to Chili's or something later.

The rich guys don't want to get rid of us. We are pretty friendly with each other. Plus you gotta see the softball tourney we all have every year. It's a great time. They just wanted a nicer country club.

We pay our dues, we golf at different times, and we don't cause any real issues, plus our kids date and go to the same schools, play on the same teams, nobody wants drama in town.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Save Muny...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery