Page 119 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 19691091171181191201211291692196191119 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 13496

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I agree 100% on 8 teams. There are huge problems with 16 teams (unless you start out with Campus sites for at least the first round).
    They should do that with 8 teams. 3 neutral site games is too much for one team/fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    They should do that with 8 teams. 3 neutral site games is too much for one team/fanbase.
    I agree. Especially trying to fill large venues.

Theyll never go to 16, since the big schools could split someday.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Ohio State and Oregon fans did it this year, but OSU was close to home for the first one.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Ohio State and Oregon fans did it this year, but OSU was close to home for the first one.
    Bah at the conference championships. I was strictly talking an 8 team CFP. But I get your point. Change the locale of the conference championship game to the better conference record team then (Not happening)

I've heard fbs talk on all 3 kfgo shows and wday. And numerous times by PA & kfan. The momentum is here.

I hope our new AD and pres are calling mwc and mac.

4 straight titles. It's been proven
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Many Oregon fans had to choose between going to the Rose Bowl or hoping they could attend the championship game so the same fans weren't at all 3 postseason games.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Anyone listen to the coach K interview on the Bison media blog? He thinks we are near the end of FBS games due to the new playoff system and our success against FBS teams. I know this isn't ground breaking news, as there has been a lot of talk about these very same issues on this board before, but this is the first time I have heard an official from the university confirm this suspicion.

Guys, if we can't find any FBS teams to schedule us in the future, then I really feel it is time the athletic dept. take a hard, long look at moving up. I'll give you my reasoning and thoughts on why I think a move up would be in the best interest of NDSU in the long term.

If we were to get a FBS invite it would be from a G-5 conference, but I don't believe landing in a G-5 conference, in and of itself, would be a good reason to move up. I don't believe playing teams from the MAC or the MWC would draw more fan interest or greatly increase our profile in the football world than staying in the MVFC. The prize at the end of the season is certainly no reason to move up either as a lower tier bowl game would be less exciting than a FCS national championship, IMO. The primary reason to move up would be to create an avenue to be able to play good P5 conference teams. Playing (and beating) these teams will greatly increase the profile and stature of NDSU in the football world, increase fan interest in the program, and increase booster contributions and members. The beauty of being in the FBS is we could play more than one P5 conference team a year.

If we stay in the FCS and aren't able to schedule games with FBS teams, I fear we will be forever stuck in mediocrity and eventually the fan base will become bored with only playing FCS teams. For me personally, I would rather NDSU play Iowa State than Montana, even if Montana may be a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Anyone listen to the coach K interview on the Bison media blog? He thinks we are near the end of FBS games due to the new playoff system and our success against FBS teams. I know this isn't ground breaking news, as there has been a lot of talk about these very same issues on this board before, but this is the first time I have heard an official from the university confirm this suspicion.

Guys, if we can't find any FBS teams to schedule us in the future, then I really feel it is time the athletic dept. take a hard, long look at moving up. I'll give you my reasoning and thoughts on why I think a move up would be in the best interest of NDSU in the long term.

If we were to get a FBS invite it would be from a G-5 conference, but I don't believe landing in a G-5 conference, in and of itself, would be a good reason to move up. I don't believe playing teams from the MAC or the MWC would draw more fan interest or greatly increase our profile in the football world than staying in the MVFC. The prize at the end of the season is certainly no reason to move up either as a lower tier bowl game would be less exciting than a FCS national championship, IMO. The primary reason to move up would be to create an avenue to be able to play good P5 conference teams. Playing (and beating) these teams will greatly increase the profile and stature of NDSU in the football world, increase fan interest in the program, and increase booster contributions and members. The beauty of being in the FBS is we could play more than one P5 conference team a year.

If we stay in the FCS and aren't able to schedule games with FBS teams, I fear we will be forever stuck in mediocrity and eventually the fan base will become bored with only playing FCS teams. For me personally, I would rather NDSU play Iowa State than Montana, even if Montana may be a better team.

So the catalyst to moving up is the thought of us not being able to schedule a FBS team in the future?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Once we are in the FBS, we have the chance to possibly schedule 2 for 1s with P5 schools.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.