Page 1304 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 304804120412541294130213031304130513061314 ... LastLast
Results 13,031 to 13,040 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CUSA won't fix that though. It would just mean no playoffs, where we do get some quality games.
    Plus there would be a lot of midweek games, with poor attendance.
    Maybe it won't and we all know you think it won't. However, I think there is a chance that a move even to the CUSA would deliver a bump in fan enthusiasm. How long it will last will depend on Non-conference schedules, on field performance and how much and how quickly NDSU can show they belong. If they have a similar outcome as JMU's move, even in the CUSA, I believe the fans would get re-energized because of what it might mean for the future. Fandom/Sports is about selling/buying hope and right now NDSU doesn't have much hope to sell and what they do have (FCS success) isn't a product that the fans are as enthused about buying as they used to be. The attendance trends will not change until that changes.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Maybe it won't and we all know you think it won't. However, I think there is a chance that a move even to the CUSA would deliver a bump in fan enthusiasm. How long it will last will depend on Non-conference schedules, on field performance and how much and how quickly NDSU can show they belong. If they have a similar outcome as JMU's move, even in the CUSA, I believe the fans would get re-energized because of what it might mean for the future. Fandom/Sports is about selling/buying hope and right now NDSU doesn't have much hope to sell and what they do have (FCS success) isn't a product that the fans are as enthused about buying as they used to be. The attendance trends will not change until that changes.
    There's not a CUSA team that would outdraw SDSU, UND or UNI. USD full for homecoming. We shall see on SIU, that is likely a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    There's not a CUSA team that would outdraw SDSU, UND or UNI. USD full for homecoming. We shall see on SIU, that is likely a playoff game.
    I think that knowledgeable fans would understand that the competition is stiffer (top to bottom) in the CUSA than the MVFC. There is little history with most of those teams however you can't tell me that hosting SHSU or Liberty wouldn't fill the seats (especially if the games were competitive). Over time rivalries would be made and people would come to the games.

Not to mention the 2 to 3 non-conference FBS games that NDSU would likely be able to schedule each year. Hell, NDSU could schedule UND non-conference every few years if it wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I think that knowledgeable fans would understand that the competition is stiffer (top to bottom) in the CUSA than the MVFC. There is little history with most of those teams however you can't tell me that hosting SHSU or Liberty wouldn't fill the seats (especially if the games were competitive). Over time rivalries would be made and people would come to the games.

Not to mention the 2 to 3 non-conference FBS games that NDSU would likely be able to schedule each year. Hell, NDSU could schedule UND non-conference every few years if it wanted to.
    With no playoffs - would definitely depend on the time of the year with Liberty/SHSU example. It is what it is, a trash product.

Not saying MV is any better or defending it in any manner. Just that last night was unwatchable.

I think there would be at least a temporary bump. Also, being FBS gets you into the new NCAA football video game probably lol.
    College of Business Alumnus

2023 NDSU Home Attendance
    Maine: 15,044
    Cent. Ark: 15,016
    USD: 18,342
    WIU: 14,255

That's an average of 15,665 per game this year. Not setting the world on fire. This week's game is likely going to be around last week's game attendance wise. SIU will have playoff implications. However, the last time SIU visited the dome in the actual playoffs in 2021 there were 12,557 fans in the stands. I'm not betting on this year's game having an attendance much higher than the Maine or Cent. Ark. games. This year's average attendance is going to be right around 15,000 maybe 15,500. Yes, next year's schedule with UND, SDSU and UNI all at home (provided the MVFC doesn't make adjustments) would likely bump that up. If all three of those games are at full capacity of 18,700 and then let's assume that the Tenn. St, Towson and Missouri St. games are at 15,000 (which may not actually happen depending on numerous factors), the average attendance would be at 16,850. I don't think it matters if the SDSU, UND and UNI games are sold out every other year if the remaining games see declining attendance. 3 out of 12 games isn't going to be able to carry the water for this program moving forward. This doesn't even factor in what effect the decreased demand does to season ticket sales, teammaker fees and overall ticket prices. I think that a move to FBS (even CUSA) would provide an initial bump that would put our average attendance above where it is now and definitely above where it is trending. Whether it is sustainable is going to depend on how much excitement can be maintained after the initial bump.

MWC or AAC would be amazing for Teams coming to the Fargodome and there would be sell outs consistently.

FCS will not going forward. period.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

2023 NDSU Home Attendance
    Maine: 15,044
    Cent. Ark: 15,016
    USD: 18,342
    WIU: 14,255

That's an average of 15,665 per game this year. Not setting the world on fire. This week's game is likely going to be around last week's game attendance wise. SIU will have playoff implications. However, the last time SIU visited the dome in the actual playoffs in 2021 there were 12,557 fans in the stands. I'm not betting on this year's game having an attendance much higher than the Maine or Cent. Ark. games. This year's average attendance is going to be right around 15,000 maybe 15,500. Yes, next year's schedule with UND, SDSU and UNI all at home (provided the MVFC doesn't make adjustments) would likely bump that up. If all three of those games are at full capacity of 18,700 and then let's assume that the Tenn. St, Towson and Missouri St. games are at 15,000 (which may not actually happen depending on numerous factors), the average attendance would be at 16,850. I don't think it matters if the SDSU, UND and UNI games are sold out every other year if the remaining games see declining attendance. 3 out of 12 games isn't going to be able to carry the water for this program moving forward. This doesn't even factor in what effect the decreased demand does to season ticket sales, teammaker fees and overall ticket prices. I think that a move to FBS (even CUSA) would provide an initial bump that would put our average attendance above where it is now and definitely above where it is trending. Whether it is sustainable is going to depend on how much excitement can be maintained after the initial bump.
    You missed the part where I said: "Not saying MV is any better or defending it in any manner. Just that last night was unwatchable."

CUSA on a Wednesday or a Saturday is also not a good product, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    MWC or AAC would be amazing for Teams coming to the Fargodome and there would be sell outs consistently.

FCS will not going forward. period.
    So would the Big 10 they all are about as realistic at this point.

You missed the part where I said: "Not saying MV is any better or defending it in any manner. Just that last night was unwatchable."

CUSA on a Wednesday or a Saturday is also not a good product, that is all.
    I interpreted your claim that no one in CUSA would outdraw SDSU, UND and UNI as defense of the MVFC since all three are in the MVFC. I'm sorry if I wrongly interpreted that statement and you meant something else. My point is that SDSU/UND/UNI will not be able to mask the declining attendance of the other competition in FCS. Eventually even those games will see attendance declines. The playoff attendance has also been declining consistently over the past 4 seasons. So even the supposed "elevated" competition of the playoffs is not energizing fans. Those are two things that have often been pointed out as positives of the FCS. I find it harder and harder to view them as reasons to be patient when the positives they provide aren't stemming the tide on attendance and enthusiasm decline.