Page 452 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552952 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Instead of just screaming Mountain West/FBS, has anyone thought of contacting them and seeing if they've considered NDSU? Have they talked with ML? The deputy commisioners email is easily found. bgilliland@TheMW.com
    Try it and you'll probably get a generic answer that the conference is always considering options for adding new teams. They aren't going to say that they haven't heard from NDSU or that Matt Larsen did call and we told him to pound sand.
    It's OK to not be OK.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Try it and you'll probably get a generic answer that the conference is always considering options for adding new teams. They aren't going to say that they haven't heard from NDSU or that Matt Larsen did call and we told him to pound sand.
    I'm not gonna try it as I'm good with whatever NDSU does. Who knows what they'll say. Just saying it's an option, you're probably right on their response but you never know.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So now we have another thread that's become all about FBS. I'm all for going but we don't need to ruin this board by injecting the topic into every single thread. Pretty soon, CAS is going to be taking more de-wormer due to the infectious nature of FBS talk on BV.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    So now we have another thread that's become all about FBS. I'm all for going but we don't need to ruin this board by injecting the topic into every single thread. Pretty soon, CAS is going to be taking more de-wormer due to the infectious nature of FBS talk on BV.
    Well, at least he’ll be worm free then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I'm bumping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm bumping this one.
    yea I don't know why all the FBS talk cant go into this one....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The clear statement is where NDSU will sit eventually. FBS is the top tier, full stop. Putting Akron in the same division as Ohio State is stupid as fuck but organizationally that's where they are.

Saying NDSU wants to be FBS would be against what their stated goals are, to be rightfully in the organizational second tier.

A lot of nuance, I get it, hard to understand what's going on if you don't hear "bUt muH fBS!!!!1!!!
    So you have no answer. I understand they have said the 2nd tier thing in the past. but everything has changed so incredibly since that time, to pretend that our situation is the same as before is to completely ignore reality. It also ignores the reality that ML said this calendar year that if teams start leaving the FCS, it may be time to start reevaluating our situation. You cant pick ML soundbites you like, and ignore the ones you dont. He said both. I want someone to ask him to simply clarify.

Its wild that you think having the AD address a question about the changing landscape of the division is just too insane and inappropriate that it doesn't even merit a response. lol. Its not "mUh fBs!" to ask a question about the deterioration of the FCS and have ML comment if it concerns him or not.

I know you dont want to go FBS, and that's ok, but all of the endless pearl clutching at the idea that someone should ask a question to the man in charge is pretty ridiculous to me
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Instead of just screaming Mountain West/FBS, has anyone thought of contacting them and seeing if they've considered NDSU? Have they talked with ML? The deputy commisioners email is easily found. bgilliland@TheMW.com
    You can do a freedom of information request for all the presidents/AD's of Mountain West schools and Matt Larson.

Problem is people have wised up and tend to user burner phones now lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea I don't know why all the FBS talk cant go into this one....
    I think it is impossible to limit ALL FBS talk to a single thread. It is an issue that permeates so many other issues. Think about the Bison Fatigue thread. That isn't necessarily an FBS thread. It is a thread to speculate about the causes of fandom decline. But of course FBS is going to be a part of that discussion. I see the thread moves as a silencing of dissent. Which is fine. I've wasted too much time already over the past few months thinking about this issue and arguing a position. Fans don't have a say. We're not moving to FBS with the current leadership, which means the clock will run out and we won't be moving to FBS at all. Not much left to discuss that hasn't been discussed. I'm going to move on. The basketball season awaits my undivided attention.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-06-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seriously, this isn't an FBS thread.
    Insert something clever here...