Page 451 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So you want him to enter NDSU in the "transfer portal" and hope a better conference invites us and then look dumb when nobody has after 10 years.
    Hmmm weird, no I dont recall saying that at all! Its almost like you made that comment up out of whole cloth!

If I recall correctly, I said:

"I just want him to make ANY statement, not veiled in double speak etc about whether or not they desire FBS or not, notice the crumbling FCS or not, and what-if anything- they are doing or have done within their power to address the situation, or if they believe there is nothing to be addressed in the first place!"

If you believe that addressing a question about the future of the football program should be completely off limits for the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR of the college, then AD position is completely and utterly useless. Honestly astonishing that you think making asking ML to make a comment about the landscape of FCS football, and our position in it, just too crazy of an idea to be entertained. lol
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

There's a cute little subset of Bisonvillers that represent .0000001% of the fanbase that seem to think the AD needs to get on the media and show his ass by saying no conference wants us right now.

What a great statement to the donors, weakness and failure.

Your delusions of grandeur do not conscript the leadership into availing you of those silly notions.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

judging by attendance you might want to adjust that percentage
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    There's a cute little subset of Bisonvillers that represent .0000001% of the fanbase that seem to think the AD needs to get on the media and show his ass by saying no conference wants us right now.

What a great statement to the donors, weakness and failure.

Your delusions of grandeur do not conscript the leadership into availing you of those silly notions.
    "I just want him to make ANY statement, not veiled in double speak etc about whether or not they desire FBS or not, notice the crumbling FCS or not, and what-if anything- they are doing or have done within their power to address the situation, or if they believe there is nothing to be addressed in the first place!"

please tell me, in detail, what would be inappropriate about an athletic director commenting about the current position, and future positioning of the subdivision and of the place of their program in it?

I'm sure your answer will be utterly and completely fascinating
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

please tell me, in detail, what would be inappropriate about an athletic director commenting about the current position, and future positioning of the subdivision and of the place of their program in it?

I'm sure your answer will be utterly and completely fascinating
    The clear statement is where NDSU will sit eventually. FBS is the top tier, full stop. Putting Akron in the same division as Ohio State is stupid as fuck but organizationally that's where they are.

Saying NDSU wants to be FBS would be against what their stated goals are, to be rightfully in the organizational second tier.

A lot of nuance, I get it, hard to understand what's going on if you don't hear "bUt muH fBS!!!!1!!!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The clear statement is where NDSU will sit eventually. FBS is the top tier, full stop. Putting Akron in the same division as Ohio State is stupid as fuck but organizationally that's where they are.

Saying NDSU wants to be FBS would be against what their stated goals are, to be rightfully in the organizational second tier.

A lot of nuance, I get it, hard to understand what's going on if you don't hear "bUt muH fBS!!!!1!!!
    And yet, note the first line - https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...43708725465089

"A number of people in NDSU athletics want to go to the Mountain West if possible."

I doubt Akron survives in FBS, FWIW. I know a few people on faculty there. The long knives are out and they are sharp ...

Correction: "knew" ... they all left for greener pastures due to budget cuts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    And yet, note the first line - https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...43708725465089

"A number of people in NDSU athletics want to go to the Mountain West if possible."

I doubt Akron survives in FBS, FWIW. I know a few people on faculty there. The long knives are out and they are sharp ...

Correction: "knew" ... they all left for greener pastures due to budget cuts
    I'd bet they would also like to be in the Big 10.......if possible.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd bet they would also like to be in the Big 10.......if possible.
    Your avatar serves you well, or maybe it's the other way around. Won't matter soon enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Your avatar serves you well, or maybe ts the other way around. Won't matter soon enough ...
    Honestly, everyone acts like ML needs to just go on Tik Tok and give one of those promposals to the MW and they will immediately say yes.

Nobody wants football only schools anymore, especially ones that don't offer anything else.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Instead of just screaming Mountain West/FBS, has anyone thought of contacting them and seeing if they've considered NDSU? Have they talked with ML? The deputy commisioners email is easily found. bgilliland@TheMW.com
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!