Page 1035 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 35535935985102510331034103510361037104510851135 ... LastLast
Results 10,341 to 10,350 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    What this says to me is any move to FBS has to be 100% slam dunk financially. In my mind that means AAC or MWC only at the G5 level. And even there, they will probably have to crunch the numbers and build the case for it.
    Meh, nothing new in my opinion from these cuts. What it says to me is what has always been the case at NDSU which is any additional Athletic Department dollars are going to come from private funding not from the University or from the State. I guess I would believe that it isn't that it has to be a slam dunk, it just has to be a better financial situation than keeping football in the status quo. If private funding declines significantly by keeping football in the FCS, than that is a significant risk as well considering that 73% of the AD budget comes from private sources. Leadership has to figure out what the realistic bottom could look like in the FCS and compare that to what a realistic bottom could look like moving to the FBS. Can't base the decision totally on Blue Sky. I don't think they are likely all that much different. What's likely different is if you compare a realistic ceiling in the FCS versus a realistic ceiling in the FBS. There's more money to gained in the FBS if you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    ... I don't believe the current state is sustainable. ... The problem is there is no easy answer.
    100% and 100%.

I don't think it is ever easy but lots of schools all over the country have moved to FBS. Not all these schools are loaded with cash. There must be reasonable avenues to follow that will allow you to take this step.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Leadership has to figure out what the realistic bottom could look like in the FCS and compare that to what a realistic bottom could look like moving to the FBS. Can't base the decision totally on Blue Sky. I don't think they are likely all that much different. What's likely different is if you compare a realistic ceiling in the FCS versus a realistic ceiling in the FBS. There's more money to gained in the FBS if you do it right.
    You have a hidden problem: You've created a monster. No, two: the team and the fan base. The fan base has become accustomed to 14-1. Heck, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over 12-3 and runner up. As the thread calls it: "Bison Fatigue".

What will the inside of Fargodome look like after three seasons of 7-4 in FBS? OK, even 7-4, 8-3, 7-4? You've set expectations so high that they could end up working against you. Can you raise ticket prices with an FBS move?

Some of you harp on "Stony Brook". I'd guess his desk is covered with scenarios from "blue sky" to "bottom" and he is trying to find a path for his department. Why? His job depends on it. And in the last 24 hours we've all learned the campus environment he's working in (looming cuts).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    You have a hidden problem: You've created a monster. No, two: the team and the fan base. The fan base has become accustomed to 14-1. Heck, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over 12-3 and runner up. As the thread calls it: "Bison Fatigue".

What will the inside of Fargodome look like after three seasons of 7-4 in FBS? OK, even 7-4, 8-3, 7-4? You've set expectations so high that they could end up working against you. Can you raise ticket prices with an FBS move?

Some of you harp on "Stony Brook". I'd guess his desk is covered with scenarios from "blue sky" to "bottom" and he is trying to find a path for his department. Why? His job depends on it. And in the last 24 hours we've all learned the campus environment he's working in (looming cuts).
    Do you get paid by und to come over here and post this crap?

Lakes is right. You have a boner for NDSU somehow failing. Give it up bro. You're shtick is obnoxious and NDSU athletics is obviously in a great spot compared to und

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think a majority of us would be ok with that as long as we see the light at the end of the tunnel... we could see that light before this run started and knew players were on their way... got there maybe a year earlier then expected and then stayed there...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Here's a preview of your future AAC budgets.
    https://www.agent49.net/aac-football...salaries-2022/

For reference/comparison: NDSU Football budget.
    Last edited by The_Sicatoka; 01-26-2023 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I think a majority of us would be ok with that as long as we see the light at the end of the tunnel... we could see that light before this run started and knew players were on their way... got there maybe a year earlier then expected and then stayed there...
    What light at the end of the tunnel are you talking about? That is our typical seasons going forward. The "dark times" are going to be the 4-7 and 3-8 years.

Eff you all for getting me to defend Sic... I feel dirty.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Eff you all for getting me to defend Sic... I feel dirty.
    If it helps, tell yourself you're just running scenarios, blue sky to bottom.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's a preview of your future AAC budgets.
    https://www.agent49.net/aac-football...salaries-2022/

For reference/comparison: NDSU Football budget.
    Thats actually far more reasonable on the football side than I expected.

It's the overall budgets that would concern me, AAC schools average something like a $50-60m annual athletic spend. Not sure how we get there, because even the legacy schools only get $7m payout from the conference, and new members are getting $2m.

I'd imagine to make it work we would need to be AAC football only.