Page 412 of 453 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4527

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #4111
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21,329

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    NDSU to CUSA if these teams bail to AAC.

    or hell, send in an Application to AAC like these guys below, make them read our resume!


    Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    Sources: The American Athletic Conference is expected examine expansion this week, with six schools expected to send applications. The AAC is expected to receive an application from – FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB this week. 1/2
    NDSU TO FBS. PLEASE PLEASE! JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX

  2. #4112
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    https://theathletic.com/news/aac-eye...3De5goKNRNmQBM

    Question is where the remaining Conference USA and Sunbelt teams go. Do they add teams, combine or operate as is?

  3. #4113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU to CUSA if these teams bail to AAC.

    or hell, send in an Application to AAC like these guys below, make them read our resume!


    Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    Sources: The American Athletic Conference is expected examine expansion this week, with six schools expected to send applications. The AAC is expected to receive an application from – FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB this week. 1/2
    That should work……of course……

    Of course CUSA is the conference that just pitched the “regionalization”
    concept to the AAC and Sunbelt…...
    and the AAC is ‘listening’ and is expanding in Texas with 3 schools and Alabama, Florida & North Carolina with one each.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...e-leagues/amp/

    The letter, obtained by CBS Sports, calls conference realignment an "inflection point to reimagine a more regional, student friendly and sustainable model of for our conferences."
    At least the Mountain West will have a tougher time getting those Texas schools now that they appear to be going AAC. So if the MW wants to stay the same size after Boise & San Diego State leave……especially if Colorado State & Air Force get to go also……

  4. #4114
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,059

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    CUSA is like the Sunbelt for NDSU. It doesn’t work. This round of realignment is over for us, but there will be more in the future. TV deals, playoff expansion, etc … JMU won’t move up this time either, that’s my prediction.

    Sounds like MWC hit the pause button because they couldn’t get any more TV money. Makes no sense to add teams if you don’t add money, right? They can try to lure WSU and the zags in the meantime for hoops, but as Bruin astutely points out above, moving into CST via TX just got a whole lot harder for the MWC, and the front range schools have made it clear that this is what they want.

    It'll be the MWC or the MAC moving forward.

  5. #4115
    NDSU92 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Yeah this is great, MW got the door closed on them in Texas, Conference USA is going to be desperate, MAC is...the MAC still. They'll probably get angsty and look to grow in case CUSA gets grabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*


  6. #4116
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    26,472

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    I think JMU is gone, too many options for them. Only question is if there will be another FCS school gone.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

  7. #4117
    DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think JMU is gone, too many options for them. Only question is if there will be another FCS school gone.
    Would love to see CUSA take NDSU, SDSU, Montana and Montana State and have north/south divisions. I guess that would put us with ODU and Marshall maybe?

    ...Buuuut NDSU isn't moving up, so I guess it doesn't matter.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

    "If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

  8. #4118
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,059

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Originally it was playoff expansion driving realignment. The SEC thing then sort of took over, but it would be odd for a conference to want to grow without more TV money. So it’s back to where we started, albeit in a changed CFB landscape. My bet is it goes to 12 teams as proposed and that will trigger more change in the near future.

    This all happens at the president level, and we all know how DB feels about it. Right now, I don’t think you can know now if NDSU will ever move up. However, I would say there is more momentum in this direction than ever before. It needs to be pushed by the president though, not the AD. That's how this works apparently. I no longer see in-state forces as striving to hold this back somehow either.

  9. #4119
    NDSU92 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Originally it was playoff expansion driving realignment. The SEC thing then sort of took over, but it would be odd for a conference to want to grow without more TV money. So it’s back to where we started, albeit in a changed CFB landscape. My bet is it goes to 12 teams as proposed and that will trigger more change in the near future.

    This all happens at the president level, and we all know how DB feels about it. Right now, I don’t think you can know now if NDSU will ever move up. However, I would say there is more momentum in this direction than ever before. It needs to be pushed by the president though, not the AD. That's how this works apparently. I no longer see in-state forces as striving to hold this back somehow either.
    If Bresciani publicly said that NDSU should stay at FCS, the rest of the state would do everything in their power to make us go FBS. I'm being sarcastic, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*


  10. #4120
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,561

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Would love to see CUSA take NDSU, SDSU, Montana and Montana State and have north/south divisions. I guess that would put us with ODU and Marshall maybe?

    ...Buuuut NDSU isn't moving up, so I guess it doesn't matter.
    I just don't see any of those other three schools moving up even if a conference knocked on their front door and surprised them with balloons and confetti.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •