Page 409 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    When NDSU was looking to transition to D1, was their a public feasibility study done? If so, I would expect a similar outcome this time around. The truth is that NDSU has said very little regarding moving to FBS football. A few generic comments that mostly backup what the Professor mentioned.
    they havent said ANYTHING because they don't have ANYTHING no vision, no desire, no wanting to upset the apple cart. Dean has been retiring for 5+ years now & Matt is just happy he isn't at Stony Brook.

its not that hard to see
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    When NDSU was looking to transition to D1, was their a public feasibility study done? If so, I would expect a similar outcome this time around. The truth is that NDSU has said very little regarding moving to FBS football. A few generic comments that mostly backup what the Professor mentioned.
    There was a feasibility study done. If I recall correctly, they said don't do it unless you get invited into an established conference. But I guess they were comfortable establishing their own football conference. Clearly it worked out.

Time will tell if they're willing to step out and take another risk....or if it's even an option (willing conference).
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I personally would love for us to join FBS. FCS has been great & we put our brand on the national level cuz of it, I feel it's time to see if we are able to get an invite to move up & continue our domination in football (which I believe we can). I just want to hear NDSU themselves say they want/plan to move up aswell.

https://247sports.com/college/temple...ent-172818580/

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/10/11...ew-conference/

The looming question of geographic regionalization will slow G5 realignment down considerably. I wouldn’t expect any movement until the off season at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/temple...ent-172818580/

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/10/11...ew-conference/

The looming question of geographic regionalization will slow G5 realignment down considerably. I wouldn’t expect any movement until the off season at the earliest.
    Sorry, to linky didn’t read. Is there new news here or is this the same one from over the weekend that one conference floated and everyone else already passed on?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sorry, to kinky didn’t read. Is there new news here or is this the same one from over the weekend that one conference floated and everyone else already passed on?
    No, nothing new but an AAC ADs perspective on regionalization and (yet more) speculation on what that might look like.

Aresco doesn’t seem like the cooperative type so I guess I’m pessimistic that anything of use will come out of it. FWIW, I think geographic regionalization is a good idea for the G5 (too late for the P5 I guess).

No, nothing new but an AAC ADs perspective on regionalization and (yet more) speculation on what that might look like.

Aresco doesn’t seem like the cooperative type so I guess I’m pessimistic that anything of use will come out of it. FWIW, I think geographic regionalization is a good idea for the G5 (too late for the P5 I guess).
    It might be good for the G5, but it isn't good for us, given that we don't fit into anyone's existing region.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    The selling and soliciting he's talking about would be at least partially public. You'd have a feasibility study that is made public. You tell the world we'd like to move in this direction. We showcase the practice facility as FBS-quality. Sure, you're making phone calls behind the scenes but you are also trying to raise support for the idea publicly. Get sports fans and sports writers on your side. Prepare the NDSU fan base for what should be the future. We know none of that happened because we are the public, and none of it happened in front of us. Instead, what we did see and hear from NDSU leadership for years has been repeated statements that FCS is where we belong. That this is the sweet spot. That we want to play for national championships. So, there's the proof. Unless we're not supposed to believe our lying eyes and ears.
    What if there is no realistic way to make that the future and you're just setting up fans and donors for disappointment and then they become even less interested?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It might be good for the G5, but it isn't good for us, given that we don't fit into anyone's existing region.
    I think the idea is to reshape the whole thing. Yes, it's a long shot but at least someone brought it up.

Speaking from a purely hypothetical perspective, this would be the ideal geographic G5 conference for NDSU. I would call this reasonably geographical based purely on time zone. Still talking FB only for Bison

NDSU
    Tulsa
    SMU
    WSU (Shockers)
    Wyoming
    CSU
    Air Force
    North Texas
    NIU
    Memphis
    Rice
    (SDSU, griz, bobcats …)

But it’ll never happen without some kind of oversight to force the issue

I think the idea is to reshape the whole thing. Yes, it's a long shot but at least someone brought it up.

Speaking from a purely hypothetical perspective, this would be the ideal geographic G5 conference for NDSU. I would call this reasonably geographical based purely on time zone. Still talking FB only for Bison

NDSU
    Tulsa
    SMU
    WSU (Shockers)
    Wyoming
    CSU
    Air Force
    North Texas
    NIU
    Memphis
    Rice
    (SDSU, griz, bobcats …)