Page 403 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He can't suck on it if they don't have one.

Next weekend is going to be siouxper!!!!!
    methinks Chapo has never looked up the definition,
    well at least I hope he is using the British version

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

I enjoy messing with the FOBers……
    (Fbs Or Bust)

There are only a few Bisonvillers I consider to be true FOBers……
    And they tend to be noisy……
    And imo there are only a few Fcs Or Bust FOBers on Bville.

The rest, including a big silent majority, I think are somewhere in between. Many, if not most, of the ‘tweeners realize going FBS is not as easy as Chapo/Lakes would have had you think all these years……

But now that change is here, with conference realignment (could have been caused by P5 breaking away also)
    people would welcome that football-only Mountain West invite, long-shot that it is.
    Fair enough but it can come off as advocating for staying FCS. Every year it becomes more apparent that staying in FCS is not a preferred path. If we do end up staying, we should probably reevaluate and reallocate some of the football funding dollars to basketball because it makes very little sense to spend like we do if we don’t/can’t get as good of a ROI as we would with basketball.

being able to see most every FBS game on my espn/fox sports/cbs sports app makes a huge difference. NDSU would be a great underdog story for the national media if we went FBS and would garner alot of new fans... serious
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

FBS!
    Let’s Go!

https://twitter.com/CoachKMorgs/stat...666382338?s=20

FBS or bust!
    Delta or bus?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Fair enough but it can come off as advocating for staying FCS. Every year it becomes more apparent that staying in FCS is not a preferred path. If we do end up staying, we should probably reevaluate and reallocate some of the football funding dollars to basketball because it makes very little sense to spend like we do if we don’t/can’t get as good of a ROI as we would with basketball.

And I don’t intend it that way.
    But I do believe the MVFC is very good and fun to watch.

I also believe a few FCS teams have improved their programs,
    perhaps helped to do so by the level NDSU plays at.
    And a few more are capable of it in the short term.
    So I do root for FCS improvements, as the only thing I know for sure is NDSU is playing FCS football this year……

Will the rising tide lift all FCS boats?
    Nope, the FCS will share that commonality with FBS where only so many teams are legitimate title contenders. But programs can be built and new contenders emerge, so teams like Cal Davis and Southern Illinois are some that I find interesting.

I do remain unconvinced there was any FBS conference willing to take NDSU since the Bison went FCS.
    It’s always been a location, location, location
    and a population, population, population problem.
    If North Dakota had 7.6 million instead of 760,000…
    then that would overcome the location location location problem.

Although times have changed with conference realignment,
    I also will not be surprised that the Mountain West, despite what I think NDSU could bring to the conference with the name brand recognition and eyeballs watching - will go other direction (s) - perhaps Texas schools.
    But I do dream on NDSU/SDSU Montana State/Montana joining on in with Wyoming & others……
    In the meantime I like how strong the MVFC is. I also liked seeing how FCS teams did against MW teams. I didn’t even mention today Montana State almost roping the Cowboys and SDSU handling Colorado State.

NDSU has been at this ELITE LEVEL since 2011
    . that's the problem

135-11 8 titles 9 FBS wins. we haven't belonged in FCS for 8 years now. sorry man, these are facts
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    And I don’t intend it that way.
    But I do believe the MVFC is very good and fun to watch.

I also believe a few FCS teams have improved their programs,
    perhaps helped to do so by the level NDSU plays at.
    And a few more are capable of it in the short term.
    So I do root for FCS improvements, as the only thing I know for sure is NDSU is playing FCS football this year……

Will the rising tide lift all FCS boats?
    Nope, the FCS will share that commonality with FBS where only so many teams are legitimate title contenders. But programs can be built and new contenders emerge, so teams like Cal Davis and Southern Illinois are some that I find interesting.

I do remain unconvinced there was any FBS conference willing to take NDSU since the Bison went FCS.
    It’s always been a location, location, location
    and a population, population, population problem.
    If North Dakota had 7.6 million instead of 760,000…
    then that would overcome the location location location problem.

Although times have changed with conference realignment,
    I also will not be surprised that the Mountain West, despite what I think NDSU could bring to the conference with the name brand recognition and eyeballs watching - will go other direction (s) - perhaps Texas schools.
    But I do dream on NDSU/SDSU Montana State/Montana joining on in with Wyoming & others……
    In the meantime I like how strong the MVFC is. I also liked seeing how FCS teams did against MW teams. I didn’t even mention today Montana State almost roping the Cowboys and SDSU handling Colorado State.
    It’s great that you continue to find excitement in the FCS competition and storylines. That sentiment is dwindling year after year.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bucky, your girlfriend. WOOF!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    It’s great that you continue to find excitement in the FCS competition and storylines. That sentiment is dwindling year after year.
    Unfortunately i and most in my circle have become bored, glad to hear some are still interested

For the Amount of money we invest. Ndsu Paying 300k to play teams like Valpo is depressing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Unfortunately i and most in my circle have become bored, glad to hear some are still interested

For the Amount of money we invest. Ndsu Paying 300k to play teams like Valpo is depressing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    This. NDSU football in the FCS is a declining brand.