Page 397 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Yes that’s my point. It’s the Notre Dame’s AD commenting on it. But also Notre Dame wants to be be one of the only 4 by default. If it were an actual tournament, they would probably loose by only 21 to another team earlier in the playoff. It is of my opinion that they want to be labeled as one of the very best teams in the country when in all reality they are probably fringe top 10.
    Lol. Yes the team who regularly beats good-not-great teams is suddenly going to start losing to them by 21 lmao.

You are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion makes no sense at all.

I'm guessing this was intended to be an insult, but "fringe top ten" describes several programs that aren't Alabama or to a lesser extent, Ohio State and Clemson.

An expanded playoff benefits ND big time. They aren't top 4 by default lol. They've made it twice. You make it sound like its some annual event that ND makes it to the playoffs.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Fortunately, fan forum posters don’t make meaningful program decisions … But there are more than a few on that board who are pro-NDSU, they’re just not loud about it

I have to say, playing Wyoming on a regular basis would be way cool. Half the conference games would be home, so one way to compensate for travel would be to try to always sched regional non-con.

Many dominoes left to fall tho so best to keep feet firmly planted on ground. Lot’s of work left in the valley too this year and I'm really looking forward to that.
    The absolute perfect scenario is MWC Football only, run that way for a few years and build up for possible future full membership.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    The absolute perfect scenario is MWC Football only, run that way for a few years and build up for possible future full membership.
    Yep, absolutely. Football only in MWC is great for us short term and also helps us long term.

Our other sports need better than the Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So ur saying with their season on the line in a game that really matters against a top 10 team that Norte Dame wouldn’t/couldn’t lose by 21? I mean that’s kind of the perception that they have now. I mean they get the benefit of doubt more so than others not in the SEC.
    And yes I do feel that ND feels entitled, hence why I made the comment about it being their AD making the statement and not voting for an expanded playoff. They want to be in the top 4 outright after beating an over rated USC, a shitty G5, maybe a top 25 service academy, a over rated Texas, beat up on the ACC that hasn’t been very good at all and show up with an undefeated record and expect to get into the top 4 and make some money and then lose by 40. That’s the perception. Cincinnati can do the exact same thing and maybe get to #7 and basically stay there because they are not ND.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Yes that’s my point. It’s the Notre Dame’s AD commenting on it. But also Notre Dame wants to be be one of the only 4 by default. If it were an actual tournament, they would probably loose by only 21 to another team earlier in the playoff. It is of my opinion that they want to be labeled as one of the very best teams in the country when in all reality they are probably fringe top 10.
    Right now they’re fringe top 25.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I see some NDSU guys blew up the MW board. Figured I’d see if any more factual Bison (animal) facts popped up on their topic and just wow. Think Lakes at pretty much any board involving say Oregon, KState, Iowa, Iowa St.

I see some NDSU guys blew up the MW board. Figured I’d see if any more factual Bison (animal) facts popped up on their topic and just wow. Think Lakes at pretty much any board involving say Oregon, KState, Iowa, Iowa St.
    I just read the thread. Herdbot did an admirable job talking reason with a bunch of dipshits, but they weren't having it. I say F 'em. If MAC or CUSA invite, sure. But otherwise, let's go independent in football. The NCAA can't say no given the Liberty precedent. There is, for a time, national interest in our FBS "upstart" identity. We build our brand as an independent and wait for a decent invite. And when some dumbass from San Diego State who thinks they belong in the PAC 12 (what a joke) says we should invite NDSU, after the MWC is depleted and irrelevant because they chased after Rice and UTEP, we just give them the middle finger.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I just read the thread. Herdbot did an admirable job talking reason with a bunch of dipshits, but they weren't having it. I say F 'em. If MAC or CUSA invite, sure. But otherwise, let's go independent in football. The NCAA can't say no given the Liberty precedent. There is, for a time, national interest in our FBS "upstart" identity. We build our brand as an independent and wait for a decent invite. And when some dumbass from San Diego State who thinks they belong in the PAC 12 (what a joke) says we should invite NDSU, after the MWC is depleted and irrelevant because they chased after Rice and UTEP, we just give them the middle finger.
    Yeah or we could not let a bunch of idiots on a message board color our judgement on what we think is best for our school…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah or we could not let a bunch of idiots on a message board color our judgement on what we think is best for our school…
    Ive never understood that as well. I could GAF what anyone else thinks about us.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It is kind of amusing that people think because they are FBS, even in the MWC, that they think NDSU couldn’t last a full season dealing with such a rigorous schedule without depth that apparently we don’t have for that level. Even with adding 22 scholarships.