Page 395 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    According to Culhane just now on 1660, Chris Vannini says NDSU is being touted as a viable MWC option by the conference. This would be a first. Anyone have a link to the article?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bruin.
    2 words
    Matt/Dean
    But that's only two words?

OK, hear me out: I'm not a huge MAC fan, but the MWC without Colorado State, Boise State, et al just isn't that exciting.

If the MAC loses some teams, it might be a better fit for NDSU (and SDSU.)

1. Unlike the MWC, it'd help us more than it'd hurt us in our prime recruiting areas.
    2. Two times zones v four - we'd never be up at midnight trying to catch the end of a game.
    3. NDSU could step in and be successful immediately (NDSU would probably do OK in a gutted MWC too, of course.)

I think Nebraska made themselves a lot less attractive to Texas and Oklahoma recruits when they went from the Big 12 to the Big 10. Maybe NDSU could still snag Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois recruits, but you gotta believe that the MVFC schools would have a good angle with the "play for us and your parents can see every game" angle.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, hear me out: I'm not a huge MAC fan, but the MWC without Colorado State, Boise State, et al just isn't that exciting.

1. Unlike the MWC, it'd help us more than it'd hurt us in our prime recruiting areas.
    2. Two times zones v four - we'd never be up at midnight trying to catch the end of a game.
    3. NDSU could step in and be successful immediately (NDSU would probably do OK in a gutted MWC too, of course.)

I think Nebraska made themselves a lot less attractive to Texas and Oklahoma recruits when they went from the Big 12 to the Big 10. Maybe NDSU could still snag Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois recruits, but you gotta believe that the MVFC schools would have a good angle with the "play for us and your parents can see every game" angle.
    Interesting take. Always be recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by whorepsthelurker View Post
    according to culhane just now on 1660, chris vannini says ndsu is being touted as a viable mwc option by the conference. This would be a first. Anyone have a link to the article?
    ohhh hbabbbay

its getting traction

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/.../207/#comments
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

A kid is taking a FBS offer over their family driving to bumfuck brookings, cedar falls, verm. etc. haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

According to Culhane just now on 1660, Chris Vannini says NDSU is being touted as a viable MWC option by the conference. This would be a first. Anyone have a link to the article?
    https://theathletic.com/2844281/2021...t-is-a-target/

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is the full extent of the mention:
    Some people in the MWC have pointed to North Texas, Rice and UTSA as potential additions if the conference wants to reach into Texas, while also pointing to North Dakota State if on-field football success is more important. Unlike the AAC, there are not many options within the current footprint out west.

Thanks. Interesting stuff. Tough to lose some front-range schools as the price, but many moving parts still …

Regarding Tony’s comment, I get your point and I share some of these concerns, but what this tells me is that NDSU FB-only has some traction in the G5, and anything can happen going forward. Bison are in the discussion, and that alone is a huge step

For whatever reason, the MAC is stable, and then there’s the MACtion issue. I think ND as a state identifies more with the cowboy west than the great lakes east, geographical distances be damned, but that’s just an impression. Program itself needs to focus on the MVFC right now tho

https://twitter.com/NdsuToFBS/status...76551633166342

Just chatter, but still …

So who’s the mystery 4th AAC team? Sorry dukes but I doubt it’s JMU
    That is something,
    and this is something - Spoiler Alert! Warning!!!
    Read on at your own personal risk!
    McFeely blog (plus mention of original Athletic article)

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...hGjtu8.twitter