Page 385 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If NDSU is going, I see SDSU doing everything they can to go as well. They aren't small-minded.
    I agree and I don't think there'd be huge political pushback from politicos in SD. I think keeping the state of SD competitive in every respect with the state of ND is more important to them than keeping SDSU and USD together.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Not to debate with myself, but there is a major flaw with my speculation above. It isn't necessarily true that ML is scrambling to get us into FBS. There's certainly no publicly visible push for it, so to say he's scrambling to get us a seat at the table is probably too optimistic.
    I think ML is trying to get us into the FBS but how much pull does he really have? Harassing them as much as Chapo says he should do isn’t going to get us a FBS invitation. I bet we have been waiting years for an invite and one has just not materialized. Honestly location is probably the biggest reason followed by there being no openings.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that a lot of this stuff happens behind closed doors. Look at OU/Texas nobody knew about that until it was essentially public. I agree with PL56 on this take. That all said NDSU still needs to insert ourselves into a situation that benefits NDSU and not just a sideways translation but end up having to pay $$ to get the supposed "glamour" of FBS. I don't know that many of those opportunities have existed since say ~2014 is last time any big name schools made the move (IIRC). Still could be weird things that happen with the Big 12 or even the other P5 conferences. They all say one thing publicly but no doubt there is much going on behind closed doors and phone calls right now.

I just hope if this involves a move to FBS that NDSU does it because of benefits and not to just be able to say we're in the FBS now, feel like there are a couple conferences out there that would basically be all it entails.
    Gotta be patient and wait for the right invite. We cant be desperate and jump up at all costs just to find ourselves in a financial hole just like what UND experienced when they had to settle for the Big Sky. The wrong conference can doom our FB team if the rest of the NDSU teams suck up all of the athletic budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wouldnt shock me if the MWC schools stayed pat. AAC isnt much of a step up now losing Cincy, UCF, Houston. MWC should expand adding NDSU and UTSA.
    The only way Colorado St, Boise St or San Diego St leave is if they get an invite to a P5 Big 12/ PAC-12. Those schools will probably wait to move up and not laterally.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Gotta be patient and wait for the right invite. We cant be desperate and jump up at all costs just to find ourselves in a financial hole just like what UND experienced when they had to settle for the Big Sky. The wrong conference can doom our FB team if the rest of the NDSU teams suck up all of the athletic budget.
    lol don't ever compare our budgeting to them FFS.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Texas/OU are NOT NDSU.

NDSU has to be a hard sell, you gotta be soliciting and NDSU hasn't done it. too fucking bashful or prideful is my guess.
    the biggest factor is. MATT LARSON is from shitty ass Stony Brook. he feels like he's the luckiest man on earth to take over the car on cruise control.
    Dean has been thinking about retiring 5 years now.

there has been zero urgency from these 2.
    .that's why NDSU hasn't been solicited & sold!!
    How does that even change my point? I wasn't arguing that NDSU can/is sitting on their hands and would get recruited like OU and Texas perhaps did or didn't. The argument I'm making is because we know nothing publicly and officially doesn't mean nothing is happening, maybe but are you willing to bet your life savings with me on that absolutely nothing is happening? Because with your moaning it sure seems like you're absolutely sure of it. Even those in the know may not know if it's happening. My argument with Texas OU (and even other SEC school officials that knew about it) is they have many more people in the know and demand to be in the know and people use those people as sources. So for it to stay secret until a week before it was made public shows how this is done, even in small time fcs. So yes you're basically making my point that pool of sources is so much smaller how would you ever know that nothing or something is going on?

Look what happened to NDSU going DI-AA the whole thought was we were going into the big sky. Literally had to band together a bunch of independents and a couple misfits and wait for an opening which fortunately came with gateway and midcon. I think officials learned something from that not that many of them are around anymore. Plus don't want to unnecessarily burn bridges with mvfc and summit until we have a 100% direction.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    How does that even change my point? I wasn't arguing that NDSU can/is sitting on their hands and would get recruited like OU and Texas perhaps did or didn't. The argument I'm making is because we know nothing publicly and officially doesn't mean nothing is happening, maybe but are you willing to bet your life savings with me on that absolutely nothing is happening? Because with your moaning it sure seems like you're absolutely sure of it. Even those in the know may not know if it's happening. My argument with Texas OU (and even other SEC school officials that knew about it) is they have many more people in the know and demand to be in the know and people use those people as sources. So for it to stay secret until a week before it was made public shows how this is done, even in small time fcs. So yes you're basically making my point that pool of sources is so much smaller how would you ever know that nothing or something is going on?

Look what happened to NDSU going DI-AA the whole thought was we were going into the big sky. Literally had to band together a bunch of independents and a couple misfits and wait for an opening which fortunately came with gateway and midcon. I think officials learned something from that not that many of them are around anymore. Plus don't want to unnecessarily burn bridges with mvfc and summit until we have a 100% direction.

I think you have very fair points here. I do. It is possible that there's lobbying and negotiating going on behind the scenes. But we've got years of history under this administration showing anywhere from mild resistance to antipathy for going FBS. So it is not an unreasonable extrapolation that this crew is STILL not making an effort, based on the very little being said about FBS from ML, DB, or others. I'm guessing we can find threads from 3 or 4 years ago asking Chapo "how do you know things aren't being done behind the scenes?" At some point, one has to believe their eyes. And we've seen nothing to suggest NDSU is making a push for FBS, or ever has.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Here's how NDSU will get money in FBS though.

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected,*NDSU Team Makers Club, in the amount of*$28.74*as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

AmazonSmile's impact:
    $443.11 to NDSU Team Makers Club*

[emoji3]

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think you have very fair points here. I do. It is possible that there's lobbying and negotiating going on behind the scenes. But we've got years of history under this administration showing anywhere from mild resistance to antipathy for going FBS. So it is not an unreasonable extrapolation that this crew is STILL not making an effort, based on the very little being said about FBS from ML, DB, or others. I'm guessing we can find threads from 3 or 4 years ago asking Chapo "how do you know things aren't being done behind the scenes?" At some point, one has to believe their eyes. And we've seen nothing to suggest NDSU is making a push for FBS, or ever has.
    Perhaps, but again we're not OU or Texas. There just isn't going to be that chatter. Obviously Texas was speculated for awhile but nothing overly official.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    No. This is dumb. We do what it takes to get there. We work out the details later.

This whole "wait for the right time has some jack shit.. we should have been FBS years ago. We go where we get invited and we say thank you very much.

We got some idiots on this board who think we are in a position to bargain.... we aren't... and we never have been.
    College of Business Alumnus