Page 384 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

if AAC takes 4 MWC teams
    .. then all hell breaks loose
    Wow, I mean it looks like they’re going after all the fun ones though.

If that happens…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

we beat #13 Iowa 5 years ago today. we've beaten 9 FBS teams now?. NDSU is a FBS program. time to act like it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

we beat #13 Iowa 5 years ago today. we've beaten 9 FBS teams now?. NDSU is a FBS program. time to act like it
    What is probably happening is this: ML may well realize now that we need to be in FBS and that he should have been working in that direction since the Iowa victory, when everyone in the country thought we should be in FBS. But he and Bresciani sat on it and squandered that widespread sentiment. Now ML is scrambling to find a seat during the latest game of musical chairs-realignment edition. And with our last FBS victory a distant memory and our poor showing during the fake season last year at the football kiddie table, he's got no where to sit.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

if AAC takes 4 MWC teams
    .. then all hell breaks loose
    Yep, this will be our shot. I don't see SDSU wanting to make the move which is good for recruiting. Hopefully the Griz come with us.

Utah State
    Fresno
    SJSU
    Nevada
    UNLV
    Hawaii*

Montana
    NDSU
    New Mexico State
    Texas State
    WYO
    UNM
    Last edited by AKBison; 09-17-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    What is probably happening is this: ML may well realize now that we need to be in FBS and that he should have been working in that direction since the Iowa victory, when everyone in the country thought we should be in FBS. But he and Bresciani sat on it and squandered that widespread sentiment. Now ML is scrambling to find a seat during the latest game of musical chairs-realignment edition. And with our last FBS victory a distant memory and our poor showing during the fake season last year at the football kiddie table, he's got no where to sit.
    Not to debate with myself, but there is a major flaw with my speculation above. It isn't necessarily true that ML is scrambling to get us into FBS. There's certainly no publicly visible push for it, so to say he's scrambling to get us a seat at the table is probably too optimistic.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of this stuff happens behind closed doors. Look at OU/Texas nobody knew about that until it was essentially public. I agree with PL56 on this take. That all said NDSU still needs to insert ourselves into a situation that benefits NDSU and not just a sideways translation but end up having to pay $$ to get the supposed "glamour" of FBS. I don't know that many of those opportunities have existed since say ~2014 is last time any big name schools made the move (IIRC). Still could be weird things that happen with the Big 12 or even the other P5 conferences. They all say one thing publicly but no doubt there is much going on behind closed doors and phone calls right now.

I just hope if this involves a move to FBS that NDSU does it because of benefits and not to just be able to say we're in the FBS now, feel like there are a couple conferences out there that would basically be all it entails.

Wouldnt shock me if the MWC schools stayed pat. AAC isnt much of a step up now losing Cincy, UCF, Houston. MWC should expand adding NDSU and UTSA.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that a lot of this stuff happens behind closed doors. Look at OU/Texas nobody knew about that until it was essentially public. I agree with PL56 on this take. That all said NDSU still needs to insert ourselves into a situation that benefits NDSU and not just a sideways translation but end up having to pay $$ to get the supposed "glamour" of FBS. I don't know that many of those opportunities have existed since say ~2014 is last time any big name schools made the move (IIRC). Still could be weird things that happen with the Big 12 or even the other P5 conferences. They all say one thing publicly but no doubt there is much going on behind closed doors and phone calls right now.

I just hope if this involves a move to FBS that NDSU does it because of benefits and not to just be able to say we're in the FBS now, feel like there are a couple conferences out there that would basically be all it entails.
    Texas/OU are NOT NDSU.

NDSU has to be a hard sell, you gotta be soliciting and NDSU hasn't done it. too fucking bashful or prideful is my guess.
    the biggest factor is. MATT LARSON is from shitty ass Stony Brook. he feels like he's the luckiest man on earth to take over the car on cruise control.
    Dean has been thinking about retiring 5 years now.

there has been zero urgency from these 2.
    .that's why NDSU hasn't been solicited & sold!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Texas/OU are NOT NDSU.

NDSU has to be a hard sell, you gotta be soliciting and NDSU hasn't done it. too fucking bashful or prideful is my guess.
    the biggest factor is. MATT LARSON is from shitty ass Stony Brook. he feels like he's the luckiest man on earth to take over the car on cruise control.
    Dean has been thinking about retiring 5 years now.

there has been zero urgency from these 2.
    .that's why NDSU hasn't been solicited & sold!!
    You're gonna take grief for your post, but it would be difficult for anyone who is intellectually honest to disagree substantively with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Yep, this will be our shot. I don't see SDSU wanting to make the move which is good for recruiting. Hopefully the Griz come with us.

Utah State
    Fresno
    SJSU
    Nevada
    UNLV
    Hawaii*

Montana
    NDSU
    New Mexico State
    Texas State
    WYO
    UNM
    If NDSU is going, I see SDSU doing everything they can to go as well. They aren't small-minded.
    College of Business Alumnus