Page 380 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480880 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NDSU could get a seat in a New Years Six bowl game but what are the chances of that? There is big competition at the top of the G5 so are we going to out recruit them and bring in top recruits to Fargo? Fargo is not impressive at the G5 level…..
    Could be wrong, but if I had to guess I'd say probably the same odds as winning two or three FCS championships back to back... What were the odds we were going to win 8 of 9 FCS championships when we moved up from D2 in 2004?

The recruits we bring in now are already end up competing at the level of the good G5 schools. Hence why none of them will play us anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Could be wrong, but if I had to guess I'd say probably the same odds as winning two or three FCS championships back to back... What were the odds we were going to win 8 of 9 FCS championships when we moved up from D2 in 2004?

The recruits we bring in now are already end up competing at the level of the good G5 schools. Hence why none of them will play us anymore?
    Do you think NDSU could have beaten Coastal Carolina or Kansas State last year/ with the spring team? Honestly they haven’t proven they could beat them this year. I’m worried about the SDSU game this year as we might get embarrassed…..

Do you think NDSU could have beaten Coastal Carolina or Kansas State last year/ with the spring team? Honestly they haven’t proven they could beat them this year. I’m worried about the SDSU game this year as we might get embarrassed…..
    I know you're just trolling but I'll bite anyways. You're correct, we will never be better than the worst team we've had in 12 years. Let's fold up shop.

How could we ever have won 8 of 9 FCS championships after we went 2-8 in 2002. I mean our only wins were against Winona and Mankato State.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I know you're just trolling but I'll bite anyways. You're correct, we will never be better than the worst team we've had in 12 years. Let's fold up shop.

How could we ever have won 8 of 9 FCS championships after we went 2-8 in 2002. I mean our only wins were against Winona and Mankato State.
    No I’m saying we either stay at FCS and remain an elite team. It’s easier to remain elite at the FCS than the G5

Or

Move up to the G5 and have a top team 3- maybe 5 years out of every decade. Are those 5 years of ordinary going to affect us?

And I’m not trolling just trying to be realistic, who knew we would be able to build the championship dynasty to where we are now. I don’t think it’s realistic that we will run the table at the G5 every year and then become a P5 team. Anything can happen but will it? Boise State didn’t even get a P5 invite after that last shuffle so our chances are even more slim in the future.

No I’m saying we either stay at FCS and remain an elite team. It’s easier to remain elite at the FCS than the G5

Or

Move up to the G5 and have a top team 3- maybe 5 years out of every decade. Are those 5 years of ordinary going to affect us?
    No, they're going to make the top years even more special. Why don't we just move down to D2? We could win every championship every year no problem. Then we could really call ourselves the best team in the country.

If you're being serious I'll ask: do you really believe that FCS is the right level for NDSU? Program success, fan support, media rights, facilities, athletic budget, enrollment, endowment, academic profile, etc. Do we fit in here?
    *one day later*

No, they're going to make the top years even more special. Why don't we just move down to D2? We could win every championship every year no problem. Then we could really call ourselves the best team in the country.

If you're being serious I'll ask: do you really believe that FCS is the right level for NDSU? Program success, fan support, media rights, facilities, athletic budget, enrollment, endowment, academic profile, etc. Do we fit in here?
    No I don't think FCS is the right level but i don’t expect moving up to be an instant success like we were at FCS. I’m probably fine either way. We will be a good team in theG5 but expecting to be a P5 one day is crazy imho.

Montana, UNI, SDSU, etc all belong in the G5.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do believe we will be an instate success. Winning record and competing at the highest level. We’ll take some dings but god damn it, we’ll give some as well.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

NDSU could get a seat in a New Years Six bowl game but what are the chances of that? There is big competition at the top of the G5 so are we going to out recruit them and bring in top recruits to Fargo? Fargo is not impressive at the G5 level…..
    yes, we absolutely could and already do out recruit G5/P5 teams regularly if you did an ounce of research you would see that, and also doing it as a fucking FCS team, finish the IPF and add a B instead of the C it totally changes things. Multiple times kids with F"B"S offer's that committe3d to F"C"S NDSU said that NDSU'S facilities are better or equal to many.

Try again
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    *cough cough* lakes *cough cough*
    I tell ndsu every time they call.. go FBS & ill give $2500/ year and I could get 100 people to do that at the drop of a hat if NDSU admin gets us into Mountain West or American conf

NDSU vs USC in LA Bowl Dec 31 would trump 8 fcs titles it'd be amazing

playing big non conference games not Valpo/Albany

Recruiting would be so much better, we'd grab top 4 guys from each regional teams, use them as our freakin farm system.

"oh sdsu has a great linebacker?... psst come to FBS NDSU year"

boom done
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?