Page 378 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478878 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    No, not really. I won't copy and paste because the Athletic is great, but summary:

AAC: JMU listed as a long shot possible add. Louisiana, App St, Charlotte, and UAB all mentioned and make sense.

Talks about the Sun Belt, MWC, MAC, and CUSA, but doesn't list targets.

No mention of NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    No, not really. I won't copy and paste because the Athletic is great, but summary:

AAC: JMU listed as a long shot possible add. Louisiana, App St, Charlotte, and UAB all mentioned and make sense.

Talks about the Sun Belt, MWC, MAC, and CUSA, but doesn't list targets.

No mention of NDSU
    Thanks. Yeah, I should get it. It seems good

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...21870675546122

Liberty fan’s comments: “If we are measures success in all sports, here are Learfield stadings: #67 James Madison, #72 Liberty, #98 Charlotte, #103 Boise St., #105 Coastal Car. , #113 Marshall, #133 Louisiana, #145 ODU, #169 App. State, #173 S. Miss., #174 North Tx., #195 UTSA, #210 UAB, #255 FAU …”

Fails to point out NDSU at #66

Not sure that's the right metric tho for what should really be just FB

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Would this change meaningfully if NDSU was G5?
    I think it would help a lot. Losing to a G5 doesn't look nearly as bad as losing to an FCS. There is a weird binary way that many view FBS vs. FCS. They look at it like heads vs. tails. Izzo is guilty of this...he bases rankings and playoff seed projections on "FBS wins" when we all know lower G5 teams are weaker than upper level FCS teams. I think it's a lazy way of looking it things, personally.

If only there was an objective tool to rank all DI teams based on hard data If there was, people would probably ignore it
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I think it would help a lot. Losing to a G5 doesn't look nearly as bad as losing to an FCS. There is a weird binary way that many view FBS vs. FCS. They look at it like heads vs. tails. Izzo is guilty of this...he bases rankings and playoff seed projections on "FBS wins" when we all know lower G5 teams are weaker than upper level FCS teams. I think it's a lazy way of looking it things, personally.

If only there was an objective tool to rank all DI teams based on hard data If there was, people would probably ignore it
    Would definitely bring back some juice just for the change of scenery. Would need to keep winning for it to continue past a certain point though.

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56bison73 View Post
    we also heard that if we had more tickets people would snap them up. But 3-4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hard time selling them. Why? Because
    the so called super fans who had been crying for tickets didnt want to pay what it cost to sit there.

there is always a lot of big talk until it comes time to pay the bill.
    *cough cough* lakes *cough cough*
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Would definitely bring back some juice just for the change of scenery. Would need to keep winning for it to continue past a certain point though.
    I would agree with this. Just the FBS label alone would bring in more fans (not sell out but numbers would go up). Throw in the new teams and im pretty sure interest would go through the roof.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This ^

Mountain West: Nevada, San Diego State, Fresno, San Jose, Hawaii, UNLV, Utah State, Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, Colorado State.

What would be the worst home or road game every other year. Would it be UNLV who happens to play in Allegiant Stadium and is in Las Vegas? (and we have direct flights out of Fargo) or any of the 3 California Schools? Maybe Hawaii. Road trips through the mountains.

Nobody would rather see Misery State, Western Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State every 2 years instead of...

Air Force, Colorado State, San Diego State, and Wyoming.

It's not even close. So we lose the playoffs. The first 2 playoff games have been cupcake teams and fans aren't even selling them out unless it's vs a good team.

Mountain West Championship Game is in Arlington Texas

Bowl GAME

Let's do it.
    So NDSU should have been playing in the Big Sky???? Higher level of competition is the only benefit of playing in the MWC. Don’t get me wrong the west is beautiful, but nothing about traveling west is easy. Less preparation time each road week as more time is needed to travel that far west. UND learned it’s lesson about playing out west every week……..

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I would agree with this. Just the FBS label alone would bring in more fans (not sell out but numbers would go up). Throw in the new teams and im pretty sure interest would go through the roof.
    Will excitement stay that high if NDSU isn’t winning championships every year? How long before the fan base gets bored again? If NDSU went FBS the reward for a good season is a no name bowl game. Might be cool for fans at first but how long until fans miss being the beat team in the nation? I think we are seeing what happens when fans get bored of winning but will it be any better if we start losing?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Will excitement stay that high if NDSU isn’t winning championships every year? How long before the fan base gets bored again? If NDSU went FBS the reward for a good season is a no name bowl game. Might be cool for fans at first but how long until fans miss being the beat team in the nation? I think we are seeing what happens when fans get bored of winning but will it be any better if we start losing?
    Honestly I think when you win that many in the row a lot of people lose interest in general. I don't think "staying to win championships against teams like Eastern Washington or Jacksonville (not a) State" is a compelling argument.

My dad was a lifelong Bison fan and in his last years even he was missing games and just assuming we'd beat the competition by 20. He really only tuned in for the JMU games. I'm sure a lot of more casual fans are like that.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Do you think it will get better if we stay at the FCS level and start losing? If we are FBS and even at the low end of it, there is no place to go but up. We are at the top of the FCS and do be honest, there is no place but down regardless if we win or lose.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS