Page 287 of 288 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2874

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #2861
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well NDSU could actually play a FBS team within 6 freakin years

    2016 - 2022. horrible
    Very true. If we were FBS, the cancellation of #5 Oregon would be disappointing, but not depressing. That's because we'd have 1-2 really decent OOC games against quality FBS teams every year, so going without one this year would not be a big woop. For heaven sakes, who know where we'd be ranked. Maybe we'd be a ranked team year in and year out and would always be considered a quality opponent that other ranked teams want to play.

    I went to the NDSU-Iowa game. Dang, that was a long time ago.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

  2. #2862
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,674
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Very true. If we were FBS, the cancellation of #5 Oregon would be disappointing, but not depressing. That's because we'd have 1-2 really decent OOC games against quality FBS teams every year, so going without one this year would not be a big woop. For heaven sakes, who know where we'd be ranked. Maybe we'd be a ranked team year in and year out and would always be considered a quality opponent that other ranked teams want to play.

    I went to the NDSU-Iowa game. Dang, that was a long time ago.
    yea i had to skip it for birth of a kid. im going on 8 years ?? 2014-2022. pathetic
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  3. #2863
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    669

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Move FCS/G5 football permanently to the spring? What kind of absolute BS is that?
    Sounds like someone trying to make more $$$
    100 % pure garbage
    Blasphemy

    Who said this again?? Can't be a football fan ...

    This is the same kind of "brilliant marketing" that gave us MACtion

    Spring football sounds great on paper but the reality has been underwhelming (and yes, I watched the XFL)

    Newsflash - Maybe it’s the concept and not the specific product?
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 07-22-2020 at 06:36 PM. Reason: not done yet

  4. #2864
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    2,696

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Move FCS/G5 football permanently to the spring? What kind of absolute BS is that?
    Sounds like someone trying to make more $$$
    100 % pure garbage
    Blasphemy

    Who said this again?? Can't be a football fan ...

    This is the same kind of "brilliant marketing" that gave us MACtion

    Spring football sounds great on paper but the reality has been underwhelming (and yes, I watched the XFL)

    Newsflash - Maybe itís the concept and not the specific product?
    I'm not opposed to spring football if ALL of college football makes the move to spring. In fact, I'd probably prefer it. But to just send fcs/g5....hell no [emoji107]

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #2865
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,674
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    TIME FOR NDSU TO GO FBS.. .NOW.

    if FCS schools are gonna wimp out....or not able to survive..


    then its TIME.

    Announce you are FBS now and lets line up some game for 2020

    we will take on anyone
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  6. #2866
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    6,461

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    TIME FOR NDSU TO GO FBS.. .NOW.

    if FCS schools are gonna wimp out....or not able to survive..


    then its TIME.

    Announce you are FBS now and lets line up some game for 2020

    we will take on anyone
    OK, and then the FBS season is cancelled and you're left standing with your dick in the wind because you turned your back on the FCS and the FBS doesn't need you next year.

  7. #2867
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    29,280

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    OK, and then the FBS season is cancelled and you're left standing with your dick in the wind because you turned your back on the FCS and the FBS doesn't need you next year.
    And with plummeting revenue. That should end well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  8. #2868
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    TIME FOR NDSU TO GO FBS.. .NOW.

    if FCS schools are gonna wimp out....or not able to survive..


    then its TIME.

    Announce you are FBS now and lets line up some game for 2020

    we will take on anyone
    It appears schools are tightening up schedules, not expanding them this fall.
    College of Business Alumnus

  9. #2869
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jimtown
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It appears schools are tightening up schedules, not expanding them this fall.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t look good for any college football
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

  10. #2870
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Why? Do you have a warrant?
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn’t look good for any college football
    Sounds like the B1G and PAC-12 want to bully the other P5's into not playing. Hopefully the others stay strong.
    College of Business Alumnus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •