Page 1021 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 21521921971101110191020102110221023103110711121 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,210 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    This ignores that fact that everything Bresciani said, publicly and privately, indicated that the "owner of the business" was completely content to stay in FCS. Will Cook have the same philosophy? Who knows, and he hasn't tipped his hand either way as far as I've heard....
    According to Uglem he already has

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    According to Uglem he already has
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what this is referencing?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what this is referencing?
    Cook wants FBS per BisonReport, DB the most overrated president in the history of NDSU wanted to stay FCS. Drove the school right into multiple icebergs.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Cook wants FBS per BisonReport, DB the most overrated president in the history of NDSU wanted to stay FCS. Drove the school right into multiple icebergs.
    Got it, thanks!! Hadn't heard that about Cook, but completely agree with your assessment of DB--academics, too, not just athletics....

Got it, thanks!! Hadn't heard that about Cook, but completely agree with your assessment of DB--academics, too, not just athletics....
    Please don't get me started
    I don't want to go back there

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This ignores that fact that everything Bresciani said, publicly and privately, indicated that the "owner of the business" was completely content to stay in FCS. Will Cook have the same philosophy? Who knows, and he hasn't tipped his hand either way as far as I've heard....
    I'm not ignoring that fact. I'm just softening the message for the apologists here who are unwilling to make any acknowledgement of leaderships role in our current situation. DB's stance that FCS was where NDSU best fit is a major factor in them misreading the tea leaves of the college football landscape. If the president has this opinion, it would be very unwise for anyone else at the University to spend meaningful time on exploring an FBS move. I believe that eventually even DB had to acknowledge that more time needed to be spent on the possibility but by then they were behind the curve and didn't really have a coherent and organized plan. They were and are in my opinion too reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I'm not ignoring that fact. I'm just softening the message for the apologists here who are unwilling to make any acknowledgement of leaderships role in our current situation. DB's stance that FCS was where NDSU best fit is a major factor in them misreading the tea leaves of the college football landscape. If the president has this opinion, it would be very unwise for anyone else at the University to spend meaningful time on exploring an FBS move. I believe that eventually even DB had to acknowledge that more time needed to be spent on the possibility but by then they were behind the curve and didn't really have a coherent and organized plan. They were and are in my opinion too reactionary.
    I'd agree with that, and throw in the fact that people who had major disagreements with DB tended to lose their jobs....

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd agree with that, and throw in the fact that people who had major disagreements with DB tended to lose their jobs....
    Don't know much about that specifically but in any organization the head guy sets the tone and people understand that following their lead is the best way to ensure their employment.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    There's that strawman again. I'm sure you think I'm one of them, but that's absolutely not true. I've never said DB was a good president. He may have been the best we could get at the time though. The Chapman/Taylor combo was a once in a lifetime event that most schools never get at all. You can't use them as your baseline.
    Another thing you appear to be completely unable to comprehend is that without an invite FBS is a bad move. Without an invite staying FCS is most definitely the right thing to do. You take DB's comments out of context and focus on what you want to hear so you have a person to blame instead of the larger situation.

I would hate to be the new president right now. Seems like a good enough guy but he has some tremendous headwinds between enrollment, budget cuts and the football/conference/level debacle.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!