Page 1019 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 19519919969100910171018101910201021102910691119 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,190 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Where's our invite and who's our regional partner? If you want to see harm look at programs that tried jumping without either. You keep demanding we skip both. Sorry if all your dreams aren't coming true tomorrow.
    I don't give two shits about a regional partner and anyone with an ounce of vision shouldn't either. It is just a roadblock that people want to construct, we have one viable regional partner and if they want to join us great and if not then they shouldn't be dictating what is best for our program. We need to do what is best for us and that is clearly FBS.

FCS football is dead, right now our admin is doing laugable stuff like trying to sell a destination game vs Tennessee State. I wouldn't drive to Valley City to watch NDSU play Tennessee State much less get on a flight to go watch the game. It is time to get the hell out before lasting damage is done to our program.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NDSU may not have another QB taken in the first round again if NIL is allowed to reek havoc across the Football world. Fan apathy would continue if we went to the CUSA. Big gamble this administration is not going to take.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's pretty much over. FCS sucks and there is nowhere to go. Time to put our time and money toward something else.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't give two shits about a regional partner and anyone with an ounce of vision shouldn't either. It is just a roadblock that people want to construct, we have one viable regional partner and if they want to join us great and if not then they shouldn't be dictating what is best for our program. We need to do what is best for us and that is clearly FBS.

FCS football is dead, right now our admin is doing laugable stuff like trying to sell a destination game vs Tennessee State. I wouldn't drive to Valley City to watch NDSU play Tennessee State much less get on a flight to go watch the game. It is time to get the hell out before lasting damage is done to our program.
    Lol. Regional partner is a valid concern both from NDSU standpoint and any potential conference looking to add them. That doesn’t mean jack shit about lack of vision, it is quite frankly a problem, and it’s ok to acknowledge it.

Second paragraph is 100% spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Lol. Regional partner is a valid concern both from NDSU standpoint and any potential conference looking to add them. That doesn’t mean jack shit about lack of vision, it is quite frankly a problem, and it’s ok to acknowledge it.

Second paragraph is 100% spot on.
    Might be concern for a conference that wants us, I guess that would make it our concern but we don't need to make it into anything more. If a league offers an invite, we are not going to decline because SDSU isn't ready to commit.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Yep. I guess, in my opinion, I would rather try and fail than fail to try. Just seems like a loser mentality to me.
    like "Bring on the Competition!" oh wait. that's not NDSU'S motto anymore

NDSU doesn't need these pud regional schools amymore...ZERO CHANCE WE SHOULD WAIT FOR 1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Attachment 10157
    I got you out with my strippers post. NIIIICE!

just move FBS or Resign Matt Larson!! you got 3 months
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Might be concern for a conference that wants us, I guess that would make it our concern but we don't need to make it into anything more. If a league offers an invite, we are not going to decline because SDSU isn't ready to commit.
    True. But the “IF” seems likes it is a problem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    like "Bring on the Competition!" oh wait. that's not NDSU'S motto anymore

NDSU doesn't need these pud regional schools amymore...ZERO CHANCE WE SHOULD WAIT FOR 1
    Tried to schedule Notre Dame = “not our motto”.

Perhaps the problem is other schools and conferences and not NDSU. Just a hunch.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    It's not about staying FCS it's the fact there's never been an invite and there's a glaring (1 or 2) reason why. Once again, nobody is saying FCS forever like is lead to believe here. Fact of the matter is, slide the curtain open and the next option is likely not going to be that exciting - because at this rate it appears it's going to be CUSA or nothing.

I would think that actual "invites" come pretty late in the process. No conference wants to make an offer that is turned down. I would love to know more about the discussions behind the scenes that haven't resulted in actual invitations to join conferences.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Just as big of a gamble for this admin to stay FCS.
    I learned a little this season about Georgia Southern's shift to FBS and beyond the Flex-bone offense. It was all part of a larger plan to upgrade the university and its image. They have the advantage of businesses near Savannah making huge investments in the region. But it wasn't simply isolated decisions to go FBS or to a Pro-Set offense.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016