Page 209 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1091591992072082092102112192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Isn't the sec looking at expansion?
    2023 is when the tv contracts expire and all hell breaks loose and the P5 if they are gonna split in our lifetime will do it then... which is probably when NDSU will be 11 of 12 titles and everyone is completely ready to move on as well...

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Nothing says college football like Tuesday afternoon tailgating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If a win meant progress toward a conference championship and autobid to a real current fcs style playoff I'm all in!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Approach the Big 12 (ten team fb conference) about adding NDSU, SDSU and having two, six team divisions, Big 12 North and Big 12 South, Similar to the Big 10.
    Can’t believe how naive people are. We have zero chance of getting in the big 12. We are not even close to those schools in many ways They have 60-70 seat football stadiums. We have the dome. They have too 10 basketball programs. We have what we have.

Big 12 LMAO. One of the worst takes on this board ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

League leaders in MAC attendance.

Here is an analysis of attendance over the past 5 seasons (per home game average) for these schools (the article labels these numbers as butts in the seats).

Ball State 9,067
    Northern Illinois 12,043
    Kent State 12,661
    Eastern Michigan 13,653
    Central Michigan 15,146
    Miami Univ. 15,884
    Bowling Green 16,180
    Akron 17,224
    Buffalo 17,616
    Western Michigan 18,616
    Ohio 19,729
    Toledo 20,551

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019...ogram-analysis

even without chance at FBS playoff--------a AAC conference championship game with a fiesta-orange-sugar bowl on the line would beat the hell out of a 10th trip 2 frisco

What do the mac schools charge per seat? Mine are $50ish each in sec 17. Shouldnt seat revenue per game be the comparable metric rather than # of seats that may or may not be filled?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    even without chance at FBS playoff--------a AAC conference championship game with a fiesta-orange-sugar bowl on the line would beat the hell out of a 10th trip 2 frisco
    The Appy State fans seem to really like the FBS.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What do the mac schools charge per seat? Mine are $50ish each in sec 17. Shouldnt seat revenue per game be the comparable metric rather than # of seats that may or may not be filled?

https://www.stubhub.com/mid-american...rouping/91220/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The Appy State fans seem to really like the FBS.
    i would think they could be favorite option to join AAC (fits well with cincy, temple, in that region)---------what if navy moves over with app state in the "east" and NDSU-SDSU joined the "west"------14 team conf like the big 10

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    this is just not true. The 4-7 New Mexico team would be VASTLY superior to the USD team. The outcome might still be a W for the Bison but the game would sure be a lot more interesting.

I used to be anti-FBS but i have now switched.

The way i see it, in the FBS the regular season matters and so does the scores of those games. Right now we have 3-4 games annually (including the Frisco game) that we could potentially care about. In the FBS, since you are playing for bowl positioning they all matter.

I will always support the Bison but to be honest I didn't even watch more than 5 minutes of this weekends game (and that was just to see Snorty on the helmets). That didn't use to be the case. While others may "die" to be in our shoes we have broken the FCS and it is now stagnant.
    So, what about playing Toledo on a Wednesday night if we go to the MAC? Who's going to tailgate 4 hours on a Wednesday afternoon? Of course after tailgating we can go site in the new outdoor stadium on that cold Wednesday night and watch the Bison beat another boring team.

I love what we have now.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA