Page 1252 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2527521152120212421250125112521253125412621302 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,520 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Never thought I'd see a P5 conference just wither and die - always thought they'd be able to salvage themselves (like the Big 12 did twice) because the remaining P5 teams would have enough draw to raid from the G5 and it would be a G5 conference that would wither and die if anything.

The PAC dissolving is about the worst-case scenario for NDSU in this western realignment mess. I'm not sure PAC commissioner George Kliavkoff is even deserving of managing a Burger King after this debacle he just presided over.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Ideally those two still make a run at rebuilding PAC somehow.
    With Cal and Stanford it was doable - I don't think they've got any chance of salvaging it now with just OrSU and Wazzu.

I'm just spit balling but I wonder if the MWC could absorb those two and take on the PAC label and get access to all their NCAA tournament shares and the intangible prestige? If so, would that leave the MWC label as a loophole to essentially create a brand new western FBS conference since the NCAA doesn't allow that?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Ideally those two still make a run at rebuilding PAC somehow.
    AAC ($18M) and MWC ($17-34M) exit fees make a 2PAC rebuild untenable.
    Any media deal would not exceed the present MWC deal. But costs would be up.

And if it did happen, the resulting group will not keep Autonomy status because of the PAC name. They'll be G6 to the new P4 (or is it P2/M2).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Never thought I'd see a P5 conference just wither and die - ...
    Like I said before, 2PAC got taken out by Notorious B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can't imagine the MAC has any desire to add a team outside of their little footprint.
    #BusLeague

Miami(OH) doesn't like NCHC travel.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    AAC ($18M) and MWC ($17-34M) exit fees make a 2PAC rebuild untenable.
    Any media deal would not exceed the present MWC deal. But costs would be up.

And if it did happen, the resulting group will not keep Autonomy status because of the PAC name. They'll be G6 to the new P4 (or is it P2/M2).
    I was hoping that the leftover NCAA credits would’ve been enough to snag a handful of MW teams. It should’ve been.

That’s if, you know, WSU/OSU had any leadership at their disposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    That’s if, you know, WSU/OSU had any leadership at their disposal.
    George Kliavkoff on line one for you ... oh, wait, never mind, the line just went dead.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The PAC dissolving is about the worst-case scenario for NDSU in this western realignment mess. I'm not sure PAC commissioner George Kliavkoff is even deserving of managing a Burger King after this debacle he just presided over.
    Agree! GK is a bozo that came from MGM. He's out no matter what.

I'm just spit balling but I wonder if the MWC could absorb those two and take on the PAC label and get access to all their NCAA tournament shares and the intangible prestige? If so, would that leave the MWC label as a loophole to essentially create a brand new western FBS conference since the NCAA doesn't allow that?
    Unfortunately don't think this is possible, unless some MWC schools are left behind. The most likely path this will take is dissolving the MWC if they reverse merge with PAC. One conference will die, unless it is split in two. You must have existing FBS members.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    No longer an option. Guys... its. over.
    Called it.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Why would the 2 remaining PAC schools need to do a reverse merge with the MWC?

How many votes are needed to vote to eliminate exit fees for the MWC? That's really the only number that the remaining 2 PAC schools need to take. The remaining MWC teams could be left out to dry

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I guess we can close this thread now.
    Insert something clever here...