Page 839 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298378388398408418498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    und fans go back to your niche sport please with your 24 yr old canucks, let the big boys talk here.

#1 yes NDSU would absolutely INCREASE DONATIONS if they went to Mountain West, FBS, etc & there's money NOT being donated NOW because they are trophy chasing in the fcs

#2 for the umpteenth time, Dean was ready to retire in 2017 and Larson was just happy to be here instead of stony fucking brook, neither of those 2 had ANY DESIRE to be FBS and I will say SHAME ON THEM

#3 G5 has 1 spot at the CFPlayoff starting 2024. NDSU 100000% needs to be in on that, not doing so is a dereliction of duty
    OMG FBS sounds like “perfect world.” It’s so easy and everyone would just throw money around like a stupid club.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Actually the second point is just pathetic for the people sitting in money. I guess they don’t give a shit about the athletes who chose NDSU then.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Are you already ceding power to the Sunbelt? But yes, NDSU would fit right in with the top G5. It’s true

So really, the reasons for NDSU to make the jump to FBS are (i) more access to P5s, (ii) access to CFP (symbolic for the most part), (iii) access to more money and TV slots, and (iv) because we’ve worn out our welcome in FCS

*Oh, and to leave und behind forever so we don’t have to tolerate their obnoxious fans on here
    Every once in awhile, the MW has the highest rated football conference in G5..This year they might be the worst, so far. If your goal is to earn the automatic 6 slot regularly, the AAC is the better choice. I think the Sun Belt is really on the rise..

You could well be invited to the MW soon. That will get you out of FCS. I am not sure it is the fabulous ticket to ride folks here imagine the MW and G5, in general, would be.

It is a full on slog all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Actually the second point is just pathetic for the people sitting in money. I guess they don’t give a shit about the athletes who chose NDSU then.
    What makes you think your opinion about how other people spend their own money means a damn thing? Because I would give even more than I do now, absolutely doesn't mean that I "don't give a shit about the athletes who chose NDSU". I give plenty. Less than some but more than most, which I'm pretty sure includes you.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Every once in awhile, the MW has the highest rated football conference in G5..This year they might be the worst, so far. If your goal is to earn the automatic 6 slot regularly, the AAC is the better choice. I think the Sun Belt is really on the rise..

You could well be invited to the MW soon. That will get you out of FCS. I am not sure it is the fabulous ticket to ride folks here imagine the MW and G5, in general, would be.

I have to agree. I have never understood the pearl clutching over the MW.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    What makes you think your opinion about how other people spend their own money means a damn thing? Because I would give even more than I do now, absolutely doesn't mean that I "don't give a shit about the athletes who chose NDSU". I give plenty. Less than some but more than most, which I'm pretty sure includes you.
    Meh he's just in rile-up mode. Or he thinks that people working hard to earn paychecks are just "sitting on money" lol

"Did you eat dinner last night? Oh I guess you don't care about starving people..."
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post

Would you be alright with Nevada dropping down to the FCS? Even if you were, would you be happy about it? Would you prefer it?

The reason the MW gets brought up is because, again, it's the only conference that's gone on record as having had NDSU come up in discussions. The only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It’s not about the additional fundraising, it’s about the additional revenue that would be coming in from the FBS conference.

I didn’t say he said there would be a huge influx of donor money. You’re not reading what I’m writing. Common problem on here.

Guess what percentage of NDSU’s athletic budget $5M would be. Then go to the knight foundation database that our local grave robber apologist keeps bringing up every 6 months to see how much NDSU could be getting from a quality G5 conference.
    Well, you're getting close to explaining why the MWC hasn't invited NDSU at this point.
    The MWC annual payout is currently $4 million annually, which is on average $1.8 million more than NDSU is currently getting from its media contract. However you aren't actually gaining the $4 million, since you need to subtract what NDSU is getting on their current media deal because the MWC deal takes your primary and secondary media rights.

While the MW currently has a few more units than the Summit in the NCAA basketball payouts, that isn't going to more than a couple thousand at most.

So, since the additional revenue is coming from a new FBS conference and not additional fundraising, where does the remainder of magical $5 million minimum additional revenue come from? Obviously the MWC will be renegotiating their deal soon enough and will likely increase the payout by some (depending on who is or isn't left in the conference), but again that leads to the questions, why would they want to spread it around further?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Would you be alright with Nevada dropping down to the FCS? Even if you were, would you be happy about it? Would you prefer it?

The reason the MW gets brought up is because, again, it's the only conference that's gone on record as having had NDSU come up in discussions. The only one.
    No, I would not want to drop down to FCS. That would really hurt the oly programs. Nevada is having a down year in football this season but overall the Pack has done well in their 30 years of FBS. Having said that..The Big Sky years in the 80's were fun. Football and basketball were in the hunt pretty much every season. Without any national profile or any sort of brand, NV earned an invitation to a FBS conference. It has been good.

As for the MW being the only conference who has gone on record saying they have had discussions about NDSU. I don't dispute that but the MW has discussions about a whole lot of schools all the time. I also imagine other conferences have discussed NDSU but didn't announce it..That is not unusual.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    If all scholarships are currently 100% funded in the budget and FCOA is fully funded than I am thinking that any additional monies taken in have very little to do with the individual athletes. Any additional monies that are generated would go towards coaching, staff, facilities, travel, etc. Given the fact that we have won 9 of 11 titles in FCS, those increased expenditures are not needed if we stay FCS. If we move to FBS those additional funds would be required in order to be competitive. Hence the reason for many to not increase their donations or investments in the program until it is necessary.