Page 834 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248328338348358368448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Why do you keep pushing this Title IX argument? Of all the things holding NDSU back from FBS, Title IX is barely worth talking about. We can easily add whatever our women's programs need. Just because UND has 3 active Title IX lawsuits doesn't mean NDSU needs some. That's one metric I'm quite happy you taking the lead on.
    Here's the text of Title IX

That's it. 37 words. No mention of athletics. We make this way more complicated than it needs to be.
    Well he's a UND fan so he 1) Pretends to be an expert in Title IX and 2) Has to try to throw cold water on NDSU
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

If the MW wanted NDSU they would invite you..Location plays no role.

If NDSU does not want to move up because of travel cost, location plays a role..

I don't know about other conferences but I suspect neither the MW or NDSU is interested in partnering up. No "want" to on either side..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    This all just comes down to "want to." Does NDSU want to move to FBS?

Do the MW or Mac etc..want to add NDSU

It isn't location. It isn't title IX, It isn't the travel. It isn't increased costs.
    You're looking at a binary decision as if it happens in a vacuum...

Travel, increased costs, geography and more all play into whether NDSU is a 1 or a 0 on "wanting to be FBS"

Travel, media $, program quality, brand, academics and more all play into whether a given FBS conference is a 1 or a 0 on "wanting NDSU"

I would bet my bottom dollar NDSU is a 1 on the MW, I would double down my bottom dollar the MW is a 0 on NDSU because there's no room in the inn as you've said

That may change someday, hopefully but that's where we're at
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    We can easily add whatever our women's programs need.
    Well in that case, here ya go, the obvious answer:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ndsu...hrome&ie=UTF-8

NDSU uses the "third prong" test (on-campus interest). There's the interest. Here's the standard summarized by experts in Title IX law.

And tell me you're playing; you really are not so naive to believe it's just those 37 words.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You're looking at a binary decision as if it happens in a vacuum...

Travel, increased costs, geography and more all play into whether NDSU is a 1 or a 0 on "wanting to be FBS"

Travel, media $, program quality, brand, academics and more all play into whether a given FBS conference is a 1 or a 0 on "wanting NDSU"

I would bet my bottom dollar NDSU is a 1 on the MW, I would double down my bottom dollar the MW is a 0 on NDSU because there's no room in the inn as you've said

That may change someday, hopefully but that's where we're at
    Change can and will come. However, to me, NDSU is taking on all the risk by moving to the MW. The MW is holding all the cards at the moment. Does NDSU really want to add to their costs, take a smaller piece of the pie and add the cumbersome travel.

I would guess, they don't..

I am operating on the theory that if the MW wanted you they would invite you..They haven't

How is travel cumbersome bro there are planes they exist and they go really fast
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Change can and will come. However, to me, NDSU is taking on all the risk by moving to the MW. The MW is holding all the cards at the moment. Does NDSU really want to add to their costs, take a smaller piece of the pie and add the cumbersome travel.

I am operating on the theory that if the MW wanted you they would invite you..They haven't
    Adding costs isn't a problem if you're adding revenue to offset them. We've gone over this probably a dozen times on this board. Our outgoing president and current AD have been on the record saying the money to go FBS actually works out quite well - it's not the money at this point (except for the CUSA). At least not from NDSU's point of view...

The MW is holding the cards like you say. I'm very confident that if the MW invited NDSU would accept. Even the most cautious on this board would likely agree with that. If for no other reason that if it got out that we were invited but said no, the president and AD could probably kiss their jobs goodbye. With how stagnant everything has gotten, it would kill our program support.

The problem is the MW doesn't think adding NDSU is a net positive right now, so they haven't. There are reasons why they think that way. That's where we're at. All the other talking about it here is window dressing.
    *one day later*

I'm sure you're right. In that case you can probably stop spending your time thinking and typing about it then.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I could..However, I am interested in the debate..

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Well in that case, here ya go, the obvious answer:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ndsu...hrome&ie=UTF-8

NDSU uses the "third prong" test (on-campus interest). There's the interest. Here's the standard summarized by experts in Title IX law.

And tell me you're playing; you really are not so naive to believe it's just those 37 words.
    The difference between UND and NDSU is we have competent administration that I trust to maintain compliance in all areas. Title IX simply isn't an issue with us. Just because your school can't understand those 37 words doesn't mean we can't.
    TITLE IX IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH FBS NDSU. Is that clear enough?