Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1575

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #1541
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bison Nation
    Posts
    5,912
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    I think it's a smart move for GU. Let's be real, the MWC is more well known than the WCC. Improves every measurable from SOS to RPI to possibly quality wins. There's a TV deal in play that people know about. Along with GU, I've heard the MWC is looking to get BYU who is currently independent in football. Would be a great get for their conference. MWC would increase its visibility in basketball and football. If this all works out, those supporting a hopeful move for NDSU to MWC look really good right now. Although I highly doubt it would ever happen. Would be pretty sweet if it did though. The conference is really trying to get itself to stand out as much as possible in the two biggest sports.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

    If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

    I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

  2. #1542
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I think it's a smart move for GU. Let's be real, the MWC is more well known than the WCC. Improves every measurable from SOS to RPI to possibly quality wins. There's a TV deal in play that people know about. Along with GU, I've heard the MWC is looking to get BYU who is currently independent in football. Would be a great get for their conference. MWC would increase its visibility in basketball and football. If this all works out, those supporting a hopeful move for NDSU to MWC look really good right now. Although I highly doubt it would ever happen. Would be pretty sweet if it did though. The conference is really trying to get itself to stand out as much as possible in the two biggest sports.
    But why do the zags need to do any of what you mentioned? They already garner high seeds without risking more competition weekly i just dont see a huge advantage for GU, but whatever

  3. #1543

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Interesting developments. WCC trying hard

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...pson-says-gon/

  4. #1544
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bison Nation
    Posts
    5,912
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    But why do the zags need to do any of what you mentioned? They already garner high seeds without risking more competition weekly i just dont see a huge advantage for GU, but whatever
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

    If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

    I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

  5. #1545
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    24,282
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Gonzaga is going to stay in the WCC, they worked the MWC to get some concessions from the WCC schools and more TV money.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

  6. #1546
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,372

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Even though they moved up about 20 years ago, itís the only school I consider to be really successful in the vein that would be NDSUís expectation.

    Now, theyíre like the other schools on your list - just spinning their wheels in a pool of mediocrity.

    Being a part of the P5 elite is a hard and costly club to get into.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UCF split a title this year.

  7. #1547
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    4,506

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    UCF split a title this year.
    Only in their dreams.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "THERE ARE ONLY TWO SEASONS: FOOTBALL AND NO FOOTBALL".


  8. #1548
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Technically they did. I can't remember the details but one of the polls the NCAA recognizes to name FBS champs had them at #1. Good enough for me, it's certainly a lot more legit then the fake titles recently claimed by Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State etc.

  9. #1549
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    4,506

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Technically they did. I can't remember the details but one of the polls the NCAA recognizes to name FBS champs had them at #1. Good enough for me, it's certainly a lot more legit then the fake titles recently claimed by Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State etc.
    After a little research yes, very technically you are right. The poll I think you might be referring to is the Colley Matrix. UFC finished with a score of 0.975472 and Alabama 0.969223. That's a difference of .006349. The fact that nobody seemed to know about the poll kind of underscores my point.
    Last edited by Vet70; 08-04-2018 at 04:00 AM.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "THERE ARE ONLY TWO SEASONS: FOOTBALL AND NO FOOTBALL".


  10. #1550
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    http://www.inforum.com/opinion/colum...-can-only-wait

    Interesting McFeely piece about the difficulty NDSU has in scheduling FBS opponents. Of course, the obvious solution to this problem is to go FBS ourselves. But of course, we already knew that.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •