Page 1086 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 865869861036107610841085108610871088109611361186 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,860 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    That won't stop if you get to FBS. Now, you are the Cadillac of FCS. You get really good recruits because of that. If you go FBS you will just be another school. Players will have lots of choices to consider for a transfer. Imagine your best players entering the portal. It might be awful tough to keep them if the choices come down to NIL opportunities, weather, exposure, tougher competition etc..
    We don't have to imagine it, it's been happening for 3-4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I personally wasn’t expecting IMMEDIATE CFP appearances… once a decade seems like a decent goal.
    I would be down with that. Kind of like how once in a decade other sports might make it out of the first round of an NCAA tournament.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I would be down with that. Kind of like how once in a decade other sports might make it out of the first round of an NCAA tournament.
    Correct. Again, seems reasonable… but hey, *removes green and gold glasses* —AHEM— that’s just me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Agree, see no problem with it. Just think one or two fans have the wrong perspective and are unrealistic about what a move would mean.

I’d love to play Colorado St, Utah St, Boise, Wyoming, etc. MWC would be fun.
    Would not enjoy seeing SHSU, Kennesaw and JSU all over again with a new label.

Regular season matters more than bowl games and post season for most FBS teams.
    That's something our fans would have to adjust to, since we expect to play for the Natty each year.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 05-02-2023 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Agree, see no problem with it. Just think one or two fans have the wrong perspective and are unrealistic about what a move would mean.

I’d love to play Colorado St, Utah St, Boise, Wyoming, etc. MWC would be fun.
    Would not enjoy seeing SHSU, Kennesaw and JSU all over again with a new label.

Regular season matters more than bowl games and post season for most FBS teams.
    That's something our fans would have to adjust to, since we expect to play for the Natty each year.
    This is a true statement - especially with those teams with post season aspirations.

In the FCS the regular matters (to the point where we get the 1 or 2 seed). Outside of that we could lose several games and still make the playoffs with a chip and a chair to get a natty.

In FBS, every regular season game is life and death. Lose a game and you're out - especially if you're a G5 since only 1 will make it to the playoffs (most years).

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Count me in with others totally okay with a change in post season expectations when we move up.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Count me in with others totally okay with a change in post season expectations when we move up.
    I think most people would acclimate pretty quickly. I don't think issues would arise with fan interest unless the team was regularly under .500
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    well obviously that would have to happen.
    but you COUNTER that but stating everywhere there is a microphone "NDSU has a OPPORTUNITY to reach the CFP!"
    shout it out.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well obviously that would have to happen.
    but you COUNTER that but stating everywhere there is a microphone "NDSU has a OPPORTUNITY to reach the CFP!"
    shout it out.
    Doesn't every FBS school also have an opportunity to reach the CFP?

Lots and lots to unpack (sorry) but a review of college sports finances:

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/statu...ad-969586.html

Slides 10 and 11 are pretty rugged.