Page 161 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

If only NDSU had connections in on conversations about this who’s voices would grow significantly louder with TX and OK out of the room.

Send. More. Tequila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    At least as of a few years ago, Texas had a deal where their TV revenue was not split with the rest of the conference. If that is still true would they give that up or would the BIG go along with that?
    From what I understand, they split the revenue and then schools have additional individual contracts. Texas gets an additional $15 million from the Longhorn network, I don't think the B1G could top that. Big 12 seems to be doing pretty well right now financially. Not including the 3rd party deals they are within $2.2 million per school of the B1G.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...meetings-close

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't think the B1G could top that.
    Maybe, but UTA is a premier public research university and I have no doubt that it annoys them to no end to have to be associated with the likes of Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.

OU on the other hand … but like I said before, if you're going to add Nebraska …

OU/Tex to Big 10

CSU/Houston to Big 12.

NDSU to MWC. (wouldn't it elavate our other programs as well? like Softball, they play in trash summit and dominate)

Recruiting wise, we could cherry pick recruits from the other 3 Dakota schools.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    OU/Tex to Big 10

CSU/Houston to Big 12.

NDSU to MWC. (wouldn't it elavate our other programs as well? like Softball, they play in trash summit and dominate)

Recruiting wise, we could cherry pick recruits from the other 3 Dakota schools.
    Hey it’s after April 1. Are you yourself yet?

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the MWC. You have no idea how much, actually.

But no FBS conference will even sniff at NDSU until ND completely overhauls higher ed, and that would require significant turnover in state politics. NDSU’s problem right now is that 1/3 of the state hates Cass County while another 1/3 hates NDSU. That attitude has to die off before meaningful change will get any traction.

FBS is a bet and the state has to back it. There's no way they will right now.

So …. we just keep dominating FCS and soon the trophies will be rolling out the doors of the Fargo Dome and the other Dakota schools will hate us even more. I’m down with that.

I stole this from the LSU board, but NDSU has figured out (though utter dominance at this level) how to make the FCS as lucrative as the G5, and it’s gonna be hard to walk away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    From what I understand, they split the revenue and then schools have additional individual contracts. Texas gets an additional $15 million from the Longhorn network, I don't think the B1G could top that. Big 12 seems to be doing pretty well right now financially. Not including the 3rd party deals they are within $2.2 million per school of the B1G.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...meetings-close
    Thanks for the article.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Hey it’s after April 1. Are you yourself yet?

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the MWC. You have no idea how much, actually.

But no FBS conference will even sniff at NDSU until ND completely overhauls higher ed, and that would require significant turnover in state politics. NDSU’s problem right now is that 1/3 of the state hates Cass County while another 1/3 hates NDSU. That attitude has to die off before meaningful change will get any traction.

FBS is a bet and the state has to back it. There's no way they will right now.

So …. we just keep dominating FCS and soon the trophies will be rolling out the doors of the Fargo Dome and the other Dakota schools will hate us even more. I’m down with that.

I stole this from the LSU board, but NDSU has figured out (though utter dominance at this level) how to make the FCS as lucrative as the G5, and it’s gonna be hard to walk away from that.
    State of ND wont even raise Driver License fees to offset the Hemorrhaging of money from the DMV...they rob Peter to pay Paul from the pot that should be used to Build and maintain infastructure instead, dumbest thing I have seen in a long time
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I just want to wake up 1 day and see NDSU at the highest level and in the Top 25.

but I guess 42 FCS Natty's is kinda cool ..........
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    My brother and I were talking today, he's heard/seen rumors that B1G is going to make a hard run at Texas and Oklahoma. IF this were to happen, who does the Big 12 get to replace them?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Here is an article from December dealing with that rumor/speculation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...125965141/Amp/

They’ll (Big 10) try to gain more said value by adding both Big 12 powers OU and Texas. They’ll target the two schools for addition in 2024-25.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It’s sounds good until you realize that each school is only making $7 million per year, which still pales in comparison to the deals the P5 schools make (I believe the B10 Network pays each school $30 million per year).

Due to the length of the contract, I feel ESPN comes out ahead in this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if would offset the entire cost of adding two womens sports and the requisite increase in football funding
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.