Page 1 of 1349 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default A new and better FBS thread

The other one just turned into a flame war. I'll remove stuff from this one if it gets to that. Please keep this one on topic (I'll do my part, if you give me time.)

Posts that aren't on-topic will be deleted.
    Last edited by tony; 09-30-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

when the P5 split, we wont be in the "3rd tier", or the FCS as it is known now. But who else from the FCS would join us? I think there'd actually be a good chunk that would- MAYBE even enough for our own conference!

Select members of Big Sky and Missouri Valley who would want a higher level of competition, would probably make the move together. If we were to combine our conferences, we could also potentially have an East and West division that could look a something like this:

West:
    Eastern Washington
    Montana
    Montana State
    Northern Arizona
    Southern Utah

East:
    North Dakota State
    South Dakota State
    Northern Iowa
    Youngstown State
    Missouri State
    University of North Dakota

Even if we're just dreaming, who doesn't think this would be fun haha??

Whew great news guys.

The pitching count is back to 0-0. No strikes NO BALLS!!

I would just like to keep my opening marks brief:

I am convinced with this years team and the last 3 that NDSU wins the mountain west or Mac 2 of the 4 years and would be highly successful in FBS especially with additional 22 full rides. I see the FCS as land of nobodies especially with GSU APPY st gone (and others). We already dominated this stage, time to pump it up.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Whew great news guys.

I am convinced with this years team and the last 3 that NDSU wins the mountain west or Mac 2 of the 4 years and would be highly successful in FBS especially with additional 22 full rides. I see the FCS as land of nobodies especially with GSU APPY st gone (and others). We already dominated this stage, time to pump it up.
    Agreed on all counts. Terrific post chapo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

My detailed FBS plan and budget laid out by my accountant was locked out of the other FBS thread. We will have to regroup we are both too traumatized
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Thirded chapo.

Extra +1 on a conference which preserves traditional rivalries and makes geographic sense so large non-rev programs don't need to piss money away flying over some schools to play others. Where is USD though?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

... time to PUMP IT UP!!!!
    FIFY in a manner that we've come to expect.

For my part, I am just glad I don't have to make decisions on such things. This is a very difficult situation. I think I only would like to move up if we were able to play at the very highest level, meaning P5...which isn't going to happen. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be left behind after the big shift either.
    Insert something clever here...

My detailed FBS plan and budget laid out by my accountant was locked out of the other FBS thread. We will have to regroup we are both too traumatized
    You're accountant did the budget? Well why didn't you say so!? Now I'm on board, FBS all the way. Meineke Car Care Bowl here we come!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Whew great news guys.

Most people on this board don't disagree. The problem is that none of these things matter. UTSA bypassed the bottom tier conferences, got a CUSA invite, and basically hadn't played a down of DI football. It's 100% about markets. So unless you have a plan where the Fargo tv market is 1.5-2 million none of your ramblings matter. And no, the twin cities don't count as part of the Fargo market. This is the link you need to look at. Hint: scroll to #116

http://www.tvjobs.com/cgi-bin/markets/market2.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Thirded chapo.

Extra +1 on a conference which preserves traditional rivalries and makes geographic sense so large non-rev programs don't need to piss money away flying over some schools to play others. Where is USD though?
    Good question about where is USD........down in SD, USD and SDSU are joined at the hip surgically by the SD Board of Regents...... and yes, SDSU made the move first back in 03/04. This time around, however, I don't think the Board of Regents would allow SDSU to move up without the Coyotes.