Page 498 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598998 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

He's right about going independent. A death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    He's right about going independent. A death sentence.
    Absolutely, 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Some people took their time coming around to the idea that we belong in FBS. They eventually warmed up to the idea after ridiculing others for being in support of FBS. I predict there will be a growing number of people who will eventually warm up to the idea that even FBS independent would be better than FCS. But none of it matters because we're not making the move. We're not moving now under the current regime. We are not even publicly exploring a move up. And we won't be moving in the future because we will be locked out under the new model.

Given that, pretty please NDSU...at least produce decent basketball.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 01-17-2022 at 03:26 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Some people took their time coming around to the idea that we belong in FBS. They eventually warmed up to the idea after ridiculing others for being in support of FBS. I predict there will be a growing number of people who will eventually warm up to the idea that even FBS independent would be better than FCS. But none of it matters because we're not making the move. We're not moving now under the current regime. We are not even publicly exploring a move up. And we won't be moving in the future because we will be locked out under the new model.

If we went independent we'd be stuck playing 4+ FCS games every year anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If we went independent we'd be stuck playing 4+ FCS games every year anyways...
    Not necessarily. But there is a good chance we wouldn't land too many home games...like a comically small number of them.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah we’d get about 3 home games. For sure 1 FCS. NMST, Liberty and UMASS would be on the schedule normally. Maybe 2 P5 games (maybe) the rest would probably be random bottom G5. With no ties to a bowl game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here is an article that popped up discussing an NDSU move to FBS. The guy gives predictions regarding competitiveness with current FBS programs and also discusses conference fits.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2022/01/15...-fbs-football/
    Hard to take that guy seriously when he thinks the Big 10 would be a good fit for NDSU. NDSU will never be a Big Ten school because they are not AAU. Even Nebraska wouldn’t be in the Big Ten as the way things stand. If he is that uneducated on the P5 conferences I have a hard time taking this article for anything more than what it’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post

Quoting that guy’s article:
    Straight out of the gate: absolutely no football independence for the Bison. They need conference payouts to offset travel costs that could be astronomical. And besides, unless you’re Notre Dame, BYU or Army, independence is where football goes to die. Don’t believe me? Ask New Mexico State, UConn, and UMass.

He thinks the Bison belong in the PAC-12 or the Big -10 but absolutely poo poos the idea of FBS independence. What’s even more laughable is he thinks NDSU wouldn’t take a P5 invite in an instant no matter if it’s the Big 12 or and other bottom P5 league. NDSU would take any G5 invite too if one came.

There is more risk going FBS independent than there is staying in the FCS, hence why NDSU hasn’t left…….

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Hard to take that guy seriously when he thinks the Big 10 would be a good fit for NDSU. NDSU will never be a Big Ten school because they are not AAU. Even Nebraska wouldn’t be in the Big Ten as the way things stand. If he is that uneducated on the P5 conferences I have a hard time taking this article for anything more than what it’s worth.
    Yeah the B1G ain't ever happening.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Quoting that guy’s article:
    Straight out of the gate: absolutely no football independence for the Bison. They need conference payouts to offset travel costs that could be astronomical. And besides, unless you’re Notre Dame, BYU or Army, independence is where football goes to die. Don’t believe me? Ask New Mexico State, UConn, and UMass.

He thinks the Bison belong in the PAC-12 or the Big -10 but absolutely poo poos the idea of FBS independence. What’s even more laughable is he thinks NDSU wouldn’t take a P5 invite in an instant no matter if it’s the Big 12 or and other bottom P5 league. NDSU would take any G5 invite too if one came.

There is more risk going FBS independent than there is staying in the FCS, hence why NDSU hasn’t left…….
    I would argue there's no risk at all going independent. Risk is an unknown possibility of something bad happening. We know exactly what'll happen, and that's program suicide. EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM that's gone G5 independent in recent times has collapsed. If you want that then you're not a fan of Bison football.
    Before anyone brings up Liberty, they were willing and able to spend massive amounts of money in an attempt to be a religious center like Notre Dame and BYU. They failed and leapt at the chance to join the CUSA dumpster fire.