Page 1264 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2647641164121412541262126312641265126612741314 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,640 of 13495

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-st...9d16d7ee398c67

Judge rules for Oregon State and Washington State.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    SBC booted FB only NMSU and Idaho about a decade ago.
    They were football only/associate members, and SBC decided it wanted a smaller geographic footprint.

The Sun Belt’s Presidents and Chancellors strongly believe it is in the best interest of the conference to have a core membership of 10 football teams that are geographically located within the ‘footprint’ of the conference and that these 10 members also compete in all conference sports.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ving/81159780/

The only G5 conferences where this isn't a problem for us is MWC or *maybe* MAC. All the other G5 conferences have said they want to stay inside their footprint now.

We need PAC to either poach/rebuild, or wait for the next reshuffle in a few years. This is just being realistic about the path.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

... on the TRO to not allow a meeting.

Who still has voting rights is TBD.

I've read that the PAC had no exit fees AND had no defined process for "notification of withdrawal"* from the conference**.
    WasSU and OrSU claim holding a press conference is enough to cancel voting rights; the rest claim they haven't officially withdrawn and retain voting rights.

*Some great contract work there by those fancy PAC lawyers.
    **No one will ever leave, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

They got the temporary injunction, this freezes the status quo, but keeps PAC alive.
    Now they need to win a full ruling on control before time runs out on them.
    I think they need an unambiguous path forward by late December.

The injunction also says the PAC can't make any business decisions without approval of all 10 members.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    They were football only/associate members, and SBC decided it wanted a smaller geographic footprint.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ving/81159780/

The only G5 conferences where this isn't a problem for us is MWC or *maybe* MAC. All the other G5 conferences have said they want to stay inside their footprint now.

We need PAC to either poach/rebuild, or wait for the next reshuffle in a few years. This is just being realistic about the path.
    ... or build a conference yourself, ground up. (Liberty got an exception to go DI FBS without an invite so precedent is set.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    ... or build a conference yourself, ground up. (Liberty got an exception to go DI FBS without an invite so precedent is set.)
    FBS membership rules make that incredibly formidable. Must have at least 8 already existing FBS members.
    It would be easier to just go Indy ourselves than try to build a new conference, and even that has very large barriers.

Biggest problem isn't even NCAA, its getting into the CFP, which is a separate corporate entity.
    Notre Dame is the only Independent school recognized as a CFP member.
    Suspect this is why Army is now strongly considering AAC membership.

CFP Administration, LLC, manages the administration operations of the College Football Playoff. Members of the company are the 10 FBS conferences (American Athletic, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Big 12, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Pac-12, Southeastern and Sun Belt) and the University of Notre Dame.

I don't see a path forward for NDSU football. I said it. There is no path to FBS for the foreseeable future. Let Fargo do whatever it wants with the Dome and focus on basketball. That's what FCS schools whose leadership doesn't want to move to FBS football do. NDSU's leadership and North Dakota in general has had a "let them come to us mentality". Fargo is not a destination, it just isn't. If it wasn't for Champman I think we would still be in the old NCC with SDSU, UND, and USD.

The northern plains have a population problem, but, they also have a Wisconsin and MN problem in that neither state wants to have DI football outside of their 1 major university. That could have solved our geographic problem, but we don't have control of that so there is no use in blaming them, it just would have been nice to have a MAC like situation in MN, WI, IA (Northern Iowa), and ND and SD. As Bison, I guess we will wallow in mud and be happy about it because we are still alive.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    I don't see a path forward for NDSU football. I said it. There is no path to FBS for the foreseeable future. Let Fargo do whatever it wants with the Dome and focus on basketball. That's what FCS schools whose leadership doesn't want to move to FBS football do. NDSU's leadership and North Dakota in general has had a "let them come to us mentality". Fargo is not a destination, it just isn't. If it wasn't for Champman I think we would still be in the old NCC with SDSU, UND, and USD.

The northern plains have a population problem, but, they also have a Wisconsin and MN problem in that neither state wants to have DI football outside of their 1 major university. That could have solved our geographic problem, but we don't have control of that so there is no use in blaming them, it just would have been nice to have a MAC like situation in MN, WI, IA (Northern Iowa), and ND and SD. As Bison, I guess we will wallow in mud and be happy about it because we are still alive.

/end rant
    I couldn't agree with this more. I have never really spent much time thinking about how our problem is really that MN and WI don't have FBS football at a second school. You've got a point and an additional FBS school in each of those states likely would have resulted in a northern plains FBS conference long ago.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more. I have never really spent much time thinking about how our problem is really that MN and WI don't have FBS football at a second school. You've got a point and an additional FBS school in each of those states likely would have resulted in a northern plains FBS conference long ago.
    It's both a blessing and a curse. There's no regional G5 conference because of it, but that also means regional recruits that don't get a P5 offer come to us. It may have created a ceiling, but we also wouldn't have gotten where we are if that talent was spread around.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post

/end rant
    Insert applause emoji for the post. As sad and realistic as it is.