Page 1106 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 10660610061056109611041105110611071108111611561206 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,060 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    You are probably correct that it won't get gutted. However, if the Pac 12 does get gutted, they will backfill with MW schools.
    Such is the predicament. Hope the MW loses enough schools to need to backfill while still maintaining as much quality in the conference as possible. Virtually any MW scenario is superior to staying in FCS in my opinion. Even if they lost virtually everyone to the PAC, and there were a bunch of FCS moveups in the MW, that would be superior to playing Murray State and Indiana State, etc. Non-con games would be vastly superior as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What have I said that contradicts that? You UNDers really struggle with reality sometimes. “Have my cake and eat it too” lol
    You literally replied to a comment that linked to SDSU's schedule which has 8 of 9 announced times (with 3 TBA) starting at 6pm CST or later by inferring it was questionable that it could happen, stating it was a "(big if, btw)".
    What exactly is the "big if" you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    You literally replied to a comment that linked to SDSU's schedule which has 8 of 9 announced times (with 3 TBA) starting at 6pm CST or later by inferring it was questionable that it could happen, stating it was a "(big if, btw)".
    What exactly is the "big if" you are referring to?
    Is SDSU in the same time zone as NDSU? Do any schools ever two time zones apart have similar start times? For your next trick why don’t you compare us to Hawaii’s start times lol

I checked two of the easternmost MW schools and reported what I found. But you’re going to compare us to the westernmost school on the continent and say that is our fate lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

As I mentioned before, it is entirely possible the next MW deal might be all streaming. If that is the case, the games can be played at 1PM on Saturdays..

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is SDSU in the same time zone as NDSU? Do any schools ever two time zones apart have similar start times? For your next trick why don’t you compare us to Hawaii’s start times lol

I checked two of the easternmost MW schools and reported what I found. But you’re going to compare us to the westernmost school on the continent and say that is our fate lol
    I mean, you're the one that replied to a comment about that specific schedule.

Do you think in this hypothetical scenario that NDSU would be setting their start times or the conference/media partners? And if its the latter, where do you think they decide is the best time slot for those games? What is more convenient for NDSU? Or what fills the timeslot they think is most appropriate for the week?

As I mentioned before, it is entirely possible the next MW deal might be all streaming. If that is the case, the games can be played at 1PM on Saturdays..
    Isn't that what the PAC is being offered? They're not fond of it because no linear (broadcast) television would be their undoing.

I'm 100% for NDSU going to a gutted Mountain West. Further, I am also okay if that included the some FCS "cream" like Montana and SDSU. I just want nothing to do anymore with the rest of the FCS garbage. Even UNI is approaching that status in my eyes.

I have no idea what the Pac 12 is being offered. Their situation is completely different than the MW. The Pac 12 gets to play day games. The MW's contracts are designed to provide time slot fodder for the providers.

The MW's contracts are designed to provide time slot fodder for the providers.
    Harsh but on point.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The MVFC became what it has become because NDSU and SDSU willed it into being. Take the XDSU’s and put them in the Big Sky and think of the monster that conference would be in comparison to the MVFC.

If the MW gets gutted, then I may switch my desire to the MAC, but until then I’ll stay with the MW. Western flagship land grant institutions. Just like it was always meant to be.

All said, I’ll take any FBS invite out there…
    I see a lot of truth in this. I remember talking with an NDSU administrator about the time of the FCS transition. They shared the preference was definitely Summit/MVFC over Big Sky but would accept either. The reason was the recruiting footprint and alumni footprint was much better that way. They may have been just as successful going the Big Sky route, but it would have required establishing a new recruiting footprint with most of their games going a different direction. It may not affect the Minnesota and Omaha recruits, but Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois becomes much tougher. You would need to establish more connections with schools in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.

Similar factors would exist in the MAC/MWC discussion. I think both would be good options and NDSU could be successful in either. But if both options are offered at the same time, I expect they would pick MAC. But I don't expect they would turn down the MWC if it was offered.