Page 1148 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 14864810481098113811461147114811491150115811981248 ... LastLast
Results 11,471 to 11,480 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: Boise State agrees NDSU to MWC

True, because it was started by the village idiot ...

But you should try to hide your FCS homerism a bit better, Tony
    CSU is PAC material. It's the wrong benchmark. Check out UTEP and you’ll change your tune
    I'm not saying an invite is coming, but calling it 'unlikely' is inaccurate, at best
    and you'll get used to FBS, just like you got used to FCS

Flagship indeed ...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Listen, this thread title is ridiculous and 99% of Bisonville knows it. And, of course, if I'm running a conference, I'd want conference invites to be unanimous.

Hell, when NDSU first went DI, the Big Sky turned us down (and South Dakota State.) Then, a couple years later, the Big Sky picked up South Dakota and North Dakota. That's like saying, "No thanks Ohio State and Penn State, we'd rather have Ohio and UPenn (in a parallel universe where UPenn is average academically.) And the Sky got what they deserved - NDSU has gone 8-1 in the postseason against the Big Sky's best with an average score of 41-18 with NDSU's sole loss being in OT, on their field, to the Big Sky's last national champion. The point is that we know that an MWC invitation is unlikely; even I, a huge Bison homer, realize that NDSU has to do a lot of work to get up to Colorado State's level, for example.

The one thing I'd say in NDSU's defense with the TV people is that, yes, Fargo-Moorhead is only a 250,000-person media market, but, unlike the typical G5 school that is the third-most popular college program in the city or town they are named for, NDSU the statewide #1 brand with plenty of interest in Minnesota, including Minneapolis.

I could see Boise quickly becoming a UNI like rival.

Just without the criminal element.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    True, because it was started by the village idiot ...

But you should try to hide your FCS homerism a bit better, Tony
    CSU is PAC material. It's the wrong benchmark. Check out UTEP and you’ll change your tune
    I'm not saying an invite is coming, but calling it 'unlikely' is inaccurate, at best
    and you'll get used to FBS, just like you got used to FCS

Flagship indeed ...
    Well, the thread title is ridiculous and everybody must know it. Idaho media guys don't speak for Boise State any more than Fargo Forum writers speak for NDSU.

As for FBS, I'm more with NDSU's leadership: The AAC seems like a better fit for NDSU's budget and time zone. That said, NDSU is a beggar in this, not a chooser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I could see Boise quickly becoming a UNI like rival.

Just without the criminal element.
    Because they all transfer to Baylor?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, the thread title is ridiculous and everybody must know it. Idaho media guys don't speak for Boise State any more than Fargo Forum writers speak for NDSU.

As for FBS, I'm more with NDSU's leadership: The AAC seems like a better fit for NDSU's budget and time zone. That said, NDSU is a beggar in this, not a chooser.
    100 % on both
    I guess we'll see
    Culturally, MWC is a better fit for the state. Travel wise and recruiting wise, not as much
    I'd take FB-only in a heart beat, but I won't be the one pulling the trigger on this
    And yes, these are just op eds

SDSU is the only Dakota school we should try to stick with. There's nothing at all to be gained by being tethered to und, at least for us
    Stone-cold truth there bros

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    San Diego State and the run to the finals will have a huge impact on MWC money. Granted a one off run, but more dollars than the bowls generate in football.
    It’s about $300k per school per year for 6 years. Definitely not insignificant.

The media deal pays out $4M per year per school. And the conference cares enough about football to make special considerations in their TV deal for Boise, both paying them more (as they have for over a decade now) and selectively granting their home games to Fox.

The MW certainly puts a lot into basketball, but to say that it’s a basketball conference that happens to play football is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

The reason why NDSU fans always point to football is that it’s our major separator from UTEP and New Mexico State. Even then, our basketball has been better than UTEP’s in the last decade and NMSU basketball program is in major turmoil right now. Historically NMSU has had a better basketball program by a decent margin but right now it’s toxic. And I don’t know if that makes up for the substantial gap between us and them in football.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    holy shit. tomato toamtoe. you want to be the CHAMPION of the highest rated conference

NDSU helps bring up rankings of the MWC
    Two distinct things. Not that your brain can comprehend that
    College of Business Alumnus

when the real SDSU leaves in 3 days, the $10 Million conference BIG DANCE money SDSU got for the title game stays with the MWC!

NDSU would be in a great spot if we can get into the MWC here in the next 3 days simultaneously while SDSU goes.

Boise St fans ARE on our side... that's why I started that other thread, buts its cool to combine.

NDSU PROS to MWC:

Boise, Wyoming, Colo State, Air Force, UNLV & San Jose (NDSU has instant Rivalries with the 1st 3... Air Force is in Colo-easy connections via Denver and UNLV gangster know that NDSU will bring fans to UNLV and Tim Miles at San Jose advocates for us there)

NDSU Cons to mwc:

Fresno, Nevada, NMSU, Utah State Hawaii

6-5 easy vote for NDSU to join. Lets go Gloria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    when the real SDSU leaves in 3 days, the $10 Million conference BIG DANCE money SDSU got for the title game stays with the MWC!

NDSU would be in a great spot if we can get into the MWC here in the next 3 days simultaneously while SDSU goes.
    Why would the remaining MWC schools share that $$ with NDSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It’s about $300k per school per year for 6 years. Definitely not insignificant.

The media deal pays out $4M per year per school. And the conference cares enough about football to make special considerations in their TV deal for Boise, both paying them more (as they have for over a decade now) and selectively granting their home games to Fox.

The MW certainly puts a lot into basketball, but to say that it’s a basketball conference that happens to play football is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

The reason why NDSU fans always point to football is that it’s our major separator from UTEP and New Mexico State. Even then, our basketball has been better than UTEP’s in the last decade and NMSU basketball program is in major turmoil right now. Historically NMSU has had a better basketball program by a decent margin but right now it’s toxic. And I don’t know if that makes up for the substantial gap between us and them in football.
    Nobody anywhere has much respect for MW football but they do respect the basketball. This is a lower level minor football conference that puts 4 or 5 basketball teams in the dance. This has little or nothing to do with money or what finances the conference. The MW is 'meh' in football but really good in basketball. This is by design.

I do not think, your admittedly fine football program changes the perception about MW football at all. Coming aboard a conference who's only notoriety, such as it is, comes from basketball, in no way enhances your chances to be recognized as a national football program.

As I have said before (ad nauseum, I confess) the only reason joining the MW makes any sense for you is if you really, really, really want to play these schools. This is not you ticket to the high life.