Page 354 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454854 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

so if NDSU doesn't have guts to make a jump, finances, legislative fortitude, market....

we should be advocating a 64 team SUPER CONFERENCE model .... and hope that all the G5's combine with top tier fcs programs for a national playoff system?

but they wont...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...homa-texas-sec

“There was some appetite in the meeting for possibly adding two teams even if OU and Texas decide to stay”

If they leave, Big 12 adds 4 – BYU plus 3 G5 teams. Not sure which 3, but just not on either coast, e.g. + BYU, Cincinnati, Houston (who cares about TCU and Baylor? Nobody) and one from MWC.
    I don't see the BigXII surviving if Texas and OU bolt.

Kansas and Iowa State are AAU schools. The B1G would look at them.

The rest don't want to trade UT/OU for Cincy and Houston. They'd look at the PAC12.

This final alignment would* and yet wouldn't surprise me:
    https://forum.siouxsports.com/upload...4594cae84.jpeg

*Would the PAC12 schools take in TCU and BU ... Christians and specifically Baptists?

I’m not going to click on that link, but I assume it’s just a redistributed P4 with no G5 move-ups. FWIW, I think you’re throwing the Big12 into the trash a little prematurely, but I guess we’ll see how it all shakes out.

But since you’re here, tell us – from an FCS perspective – how you would feel about an FBS NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I don't see the BigXII surviving if Texas and OU bolt.

Kansas and Iowa State are AAU schools. The B1G would look at them.

The rest don't want to trade UT/OU for Cincy and Houston. They'd look at the PAC12.

This final alignment would* and yet wouldn't surprise me:
    https://forum.siouxsports.com/upload...4594cae84.jpeg

*Would the PAC12 schools take in TCU and BU ... Christians and specifically Baptists?

In 2016, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard made this prescient statement: "The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference." ...

"When you're losing two of the most visible programs, the network has the right to come and say, 'We're going to reduce the rights by X.'" one longtime, high-profile administrator said.

That means the Big 12 deal could drop from $37 million in annual revenue to as low as $9 million per school.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ig-12-for-sec/

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I’m not going to click on that link, but I assume it’s just a redistributed P4 with no G5 move-ups. FWIW, I think you’re throwing the Big12 into the trash a little prematurely, but I guess we’ll see how it all shakes out.

But since you’re here, tell us – from an FCS perspective – how you would feel about an FBS NDSU?
    The link is a map just as you speculate.

KU and Iowa State have the academic/research side to go their own way. That'll be the final nail for the Big XII.

I said a long time ago that I fully expect the G5 and about the top 1/3 of FCS to end up in a new football mosh pit.

I can see a p4 with 16 schools each. They won't care about ever playing g5 schools again because the tv money will be insane, so home and no home scheduling won't matter.

I think the ncaa completely folds and lets the p4 operate independently in football but remain in the ncaa in all other sports. Basketball would be decimated without those 64 programs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Link doesn't work. Regardless, that is still well above what each team in the "P6" AAC is currently getting ($7M)

The link is a map just as you speculate.

KU and Iowa State have the academic/research side to go their own way. That'll be the final nail for the Big XII.

I said a long time ago that I fully expect the G5 and about the top 1/3 of FCS to end up in a new football mosh pit.
    The difference between the very top of the G5 and bottom of the top 3rd of FCS is astronomical. I get why you and many others around these parts hope this happens, but I just don't see the kind of clean split you are espousing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think what Gully is saying is no matter what happens the big boys will still want their guaranteed home games where they don't have to make the return trip so they can continue to have 7 or more home games every season. It's a lot tougher and more expensive for them to pull in a P5 team for a guarantee game than it is to get a G5 or FCS team. Even though the P5 teams are probably paying $1M+ for a G5 guarantee game they're still making money by getting all their normal home game revenue and they don't have to sacrifice a home game in the future to make a return trip.
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant. You said it a lot more clearly though
    Get your BB tickets now!!!