Page 344 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2442943343423433443453463543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

search in this thread. we've found the answers.

CFP money & TV money = $3-4 million/year. which brings NDSU football only to $10 million which is sufficient to be FBS. heck even at present budget NDSU could do a MWC/MAC

March Madness BB money would be another significant boost for All Sports... and raises the profile of all sports.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You would need to account for additional revenue the team would get from being in an FBS conference, especially if other sports move with it. I don't know what that is but it would definitely be an increase in what they get today. I also expect fundraising would increase. The state wouldn't be responsible for all of it. I'm not even sure how much tax dollars fund athletic departments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I have no doubt additional revenue sustains fbs, but the initial venture will require the state to invest. There will be some serious upfront infrastructure costs that have to come from somewhere and it won't be from fundraising alone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    FOR THE 385859484TH TIME PL.... ADMIN HAS TO SELL NDSU TO FBS CONFERENCE AND SOLICIT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

they haven't
    This is an absolute lie. They have had ever door slammed in their face and every phone call has gone unanswered. They can’t do any more than they are doing without coming off as a pathetic circus show. And now people want us to publicly announce we want to do something that no one wants to do with us. Why not just say, hey we will join a G5 conference and we don’t want any revenue from it for 10 years.

It’s like listing a house for sale that no one wants to buy and thinking that when it’s still on the market 5 years later it’s still worth the original asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    This is an absolute lie. They have had ever door slammed in their face and every phone call has gone unanswered. They can’t do any more than they are doing without coming off as a pathetic circus show. And now people want us to publicly announce we want to do something that no one wants to do with us. Why not just say, hey we will join a G5 conference and we don’t want any revenue from it for 10 years.

It’s like listing a house for sale that no one wants to buy and thinking that when it’s still on the market 5 years later it’s still worth the original asking price.
    Bingo..............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...um/7725682002/ posted in the football thread... This is what we could play in in the MWC! AWESOME!!! Fill up the trophy case with Jimmy Kimmel trophies!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

A couple of NDSU grads just sold their business Aldevron for just under 10 Billion - Hope they are sports fans!
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

bulllshit. Matt & Dean have NOT talked or even emailed a FBS conference. FOIA's are out there in someone's hands.

you guys just wanna stay podunk
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    A couple of NDSU grads just sold their business Aldevron for just under 10 Billion - Hope they are sports fans!
    Hadn't they already sold a majority stake (not that they still wouldn't have any) though a few years ago? That said sure they're still rolling in the dough.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    bulllshit. Matt & Dean have NOT talked or even emailed a FBS conference. FOIA's are out there in someone's hands.

you guys just wanna stay podunk
    You realize a lot of these conversations are informal sitting in a hotel lobby or on a golf course or at an event? They know who would be interested without any formal communication. There could be formal documentation as well, but I bet most of it would be informal at this point. The 12 team playoff changes a lot of variables for both sides so it's entirely possible those conversations now change (I assume for the better). NDSU is a desirable asset to have in a G5 conference for many sports. Geography is really the main negative and from a conference perspective it's a big one. But that doesn't mean it would prevent any conference from considering them. You act like you are in the know but you aren't. I'm not in the know either, but I'm in the understanding of how things like this work.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You realize a lot of these conversations are informal sitting in a hotel lobby or on a golf course or at an event? They know who would be interested without any formal communication. There could be formal documentation as well, but I bet most of it would be informal at this point. The 12 team playoff changes a lot of variables for both sides so it's entirely possible those conversations now change (I assume for the better). NDSU is a desirable asset to have in a G5 conference for many sports. Geography is really the main negative and from a conference perspective it's a big one. But that doesn't mean it would prevent any conference from considering them. You act like you are in the know but you aren't. I'm not in the know either, but I'm in the understanding of how things like this work.
    I tend to believe any and all conversations about going FBS internally and with outside parties has been phone calls and in person for the very thing Chapo pointed out, FOIA or whatever allows anyone(the media) to obtain official NDSU communications. You'd have to be pretty dumb to have super preliminary conversations about this stuff "on the record".