Page 1216 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 21671611161166120612141215121612171218122612661316 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,160 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Interesting, I agree with you. I wasn't sure it only required simple majority. That could increase chances of something still happening here that would open a move for NDSU.
    I've seen both 50% and 75% claimed as the requirement.
    If I were Wyo I'd be talking with USU and UNM (and SJSU?) to make sure they understand how they could be hung out and to get a voting bloc together.

The MWC has "history":
    https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...ce/1457199002/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I've seen both 50% and 75% claimed as the requirement.
    If I were Wyo I'd be talking with USU and UNM (and SJSU?) to make sure they understand how they could be hung out and to get a voting bloc together.

The MWC has "history":
    https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...ce/1457199002/
    Interesting. I would imagine the Pac 4 wants nothing to do with markets like Laramie Wyoming and Logan Utah.

It will want to cherry pick the teams with the most value. Air Force, Colorado State, Boise and San Diego State

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is so hard to predict. Standord, Cal, Washington State and Oregon State have more drawing power for a TV contraxt than the entire Mountain West Combined. Unlike the Mountain West, who has a crappy TV deal (4 million pet school average) to split among 4 more teams, the 4 Pac 12 teams can negotiate a better deal if they poach Boise, San Diego State, Colorado State and Fresno. Then they are up to 8 teams. That would leave the Mountain West with 7

But you have the exit fees. Maybe the PAC 12 has some money in reserve to help pay them?

The Mountain West TV deal goes through 2025-2026. Can the renegotiate? Then again the PAC 12 has no deal which is good and bad. But poaching their remaining 4 schools has no exit fee

But I can see a short term scheduling arrangement for sure.

Then again, I dont believe the Big 10 is done with 4 west coast schools. It just doesnt make sense
    The PAC has no money especially to pay 4 MWC exit fees. They have to take the entire MWC to avoid the exit fees.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    It wasn't too long ago that the big scuttlebutt was that Texas and Oklahoma were heading to the PAC12 and that it'd be the end of the Big12.

I wonder how long it will take the B1G to kick out Rutgers or the SEC to kick out Vandy, etc.

Will the Big12 ultimately survive or are they next in about 5 years?

It is weird to witness all of this happening. College sports and the student athlete won't be better off for these moves. The divide will get bigger.
    Or the a big 12 to kick out West Virginia. Lots of schools in the P4 are at the same level as Washington st and Oregon st. They got lucky to be on the inside when all this poaching started.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    How are the Cali schools going to afford the MWC buy-out and no PAC media deal to go to?

The way out of the MWC is getting a majority to either (a) eliminate buy-out, or (b) close up shop. Otherwise it's a $17-$34M poison pill to prevent defections.
    By taking the top half of the MWC. They would have to vote to remove the exit fees then leave. That’s the only way the PAC steals from the MWC without taking all of them.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    By taking the top half of the MWC. They would have to vote to remove the exit fees then leave. That’s the only way the PAC steals from the MWC without taking all of them.
    That would also result in a very interesting lawsuit. Let's say 8 schools want to leave and avoid the $34M exit. $272M is worth suing over collusion. Only guarantee in that suit is that all the lawyers get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Interesting. I would imagine the Pac 4 wants nothing to do with markets like Laramie Wyoming and Logan Utah.

It will want to cherry pick the teams with the most value. Air Force, Colorado State, Boise and San Diego State
    This is what happens if SDSU puts together enough teams to join them in leaving the conference. Nothing against the rules to vote out the exit fees. Question is do they take the CA and NV schools? I would not take HI either if I was the PAC. This leaves a huge hole for the Big Sky and NDSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Seems like all the activity on Friday could still either be a very good thing or a very bad thing for the MWC. In any case, if a spot opens up for NDSU in the MWC it seems very likely that the conference will look completely different than it does today. Although that's probably an ideal scenario for NDSU IMO because it means potential for multiple regional partners to make the move with them which will be crucial for the non-revenue sports.

SDSU, Montana, Montana St, Idaho, and Missouri St would all be viable FBS candidates IMO - one or all of those first 3 going with NDSU would be as good of an opportunity as they could hope for but there would be plenty of scenarios for MWC east and northward expansion should the PAC pull out the undertaker gif and figure out a way to raid the MWC.
    Leave Mo St and SDSU off the list, they have shown the commitment to afford it. Even the Montanas have a Long way to go. Idaho and NDSU are they only schools ready.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    That would also result in a very interesting lawsuit. Let's say 8 schools want to leave and avoid the $34M exit. $272M is worth suing over collusion. Only guarantee in that suit is that all the lawyers get paid.
    A fraud by collusion against the defectors would be lucrative for the others.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Idaho and NDSU are they only schools ready.
    Based on what criteria? Not sure about Idaho, but NDSU doesn't currently meet the new FBS requirements. Not undoable but looking at the math and needing to add $1 million in student aid when you're already fully funded looks like another women's sport likely needs to be added somewhere.