Page 211 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1111612012092102112122132212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I am curious as to what it is these students are doing or why they are not going at all. Yes I fully realize alcohol is involved in a lot of cases. I thought college football game day was at the top of the list of things to do on a Saturday? Do the students have Bison Fatigue? Do they look down upon the football program for some reason? Does the student body in general have a bad view of the players (too cocky or rub them the wrong way with all of the attention)? It really is quite puzzling.
    It's possible that there may be some students that resent the cost of attendance allowance. I'd be surprised if that hasn't affected student attendance to some degree.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Unfortunately its not puzzling. you lose interest in your shiny new toy when its not so new anymore. The 7th national championship run in a row is inherently less interesting than the 1st.

Its not an excuse- but it is human nature. We are in the globetrotters stage of the program. There is little to no drama in virtually any of the games- students arent going to sit there and scream their asses off when we're up 42-7 at the half.

Before anyone accuses me of not being a fan, or my favorite, NOT HAVING A SOUL, I went to more games this year than any year previously, I am a TM and cheer like a psycho every game. So cut the "DONT YOU THINK THIS IS SPECIAL?!" bullishit. Of course its special and I am enjoying the hell out of it. But people who cant figure out why the rafters arenet 100% packed with foaming at the mouth students each week have their head in the sand.
    MAC, AAC etc ain't gonna fix that.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I believe the AAC would absolutely do that. Joining the actual conference will most likely never happen. MAC would boost it just a bit for a season or two just because its new so that's about it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I don't think a conversation with Klieman would make sense seeing as the biggest hurdles are off-field. But I'm sure they'd have a lovely conversation.
    So we wouldnt b 6-5/5-5 then? At this point I don't even understand what the "off-field" hurdles would b other than funding the extra scholarships what else is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So the same students have been at NDSU for this entire run? Would think there has been some turnover.
    - obviously not, Never suggested that they have. but obviously participating in the first EVER national championship run is more illustrious to a student than
    "Hey kids, do you want to partake in this most recent championship run? its only happened 7 times in the last 8 years!!" This isnt rocket science- new, special, things get less special to people over time. Law of decreasing marginal utility
    Also, not a fair comparison between NDSU and nationally televised FBS games, as the student body population is way larger.
    - I didnt compare NDSU to nationally televised FBS games? I'm not arguing- I'm just not sure what perspective you're coming from

How do we compare to say, SDSU, SIU, UNI, etc.?
    Alot better than them, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is possible it WOULD fix it, and its possible its WOULDNT. I think the evidence would suggest that closing the talent gap (obviously I mean increasing the quality of the competition, not the Quality of NDSU), would stand for more dramatic games, more akin to the 2011-2012 seasons would drive greater attendance. Also inherently, getting a new "shiny object" does create excitement. Though eventually the shiny object gets less shiny over time- which brings us back to the law of decreasing marginal utility again.
    MAC would become less shiny quicker than the AAC, thats for sure. But I think you'd have to come up with a helluva argument to say that MVFC is inherently more exciting to fans than AAC, or even the lowly MAC
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

AAC fans are not Totally against NDSU coming in:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-888079.html (beware I know the moderator over there.. don't get banned! )
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    In all of my posts have I ever said that THERE IS no BENIFIT??????
    Time to prove me wrong 56- what is ONE benefit of FBS? show everyone how Libelous I am, and prove that I was lying!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I'm not saying that FBS is required, I am saying that FCS is not providing a FIX for football junkies after 7 recent titles. It's like moving from beer to booze when the buzz gets old. The Fargo dome is highly over-rated in regard to crowd noise. Take away the artificial noise pumped in a couple minutes prior to kick-off and there is more a dull roar in that building. YES, the meter gets spiked for very short periods of time during playoff season, and again, artificial noise blaring over the top of screaming fans is a big part of it (in-door echo effect). five seconds before the next snap it all get deathly quiet. I also forgot to mention that 1 of 3 fans are looking at their cell phones when they do pan the crowd. THERE IS NO EASY FIX or it would be taken care of by now.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I'm not saying that FBS is required, I am saying that FCS is not providing a FIX for football junkies after 7 recent titles. It's like moving from beer to booze when the buzz gets old. The Fargo dome is highly over-rated in regard to crowd noise. Take away the artificial noise pumped in a couple minutes prior to kick-off and there is more a dull roar in that building. YES, the meter gets spiked for very short periods of time during playoff season, and again, artificial noise blaring over the top of screaming fans is a big part of it (in-door echo effect). five seconds before the next snap it all get deathly quiet. I also forgot to mention that 1 of 3 fans are looking at their cell phones when they do pan the crowd. THERE IS NO EASY FIX or it would be taken care of by now.
    Allow me to put on my Hoople Hat on for a moment....

How do we know FBS is the fix for that? How do we know the trends we're seeing aren't just a reflection fading interest in live college football (and live sports in general) from fans all over the country?

Average attendance for App St and Georgia Southern in 2012 (the last year they were in FCS and eligible for the postseason) was 26,538 and 18,487 respectively. Last year it was 21,953 and 16,802 respectively. If NDSU makes the same move and sees the same attendance declines now you've got even more ground to make up due to the added costs of being an FBS athletic department.

NDSU athletics pushed all their chips into the middle in 2002 and won big. Should we be so anxious to see them push the big stack they've accumulated in the last 10-15 years into the middle again? It's a high risk/high reward gamble same as that one in 2002 was and there's no easy answer as to whether the right move is to shove again or check our option.

<takes off my Hoople Hat>

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Allow me to put on my Hoople Hat on for a moment....

How do we know FBS is the fix for that? How do we know the trends we're seeing aren't just a reflection fading interest in live college football (and live sports in general) from fans all over the country?

Average attendance for App St and Georgia Southern in 2012 (the last year they were in FCS and eligible for the postseason) was 26,538 and 18,487 respectively. Last year it was 21,953 and 16,802 respectively. If NDSU makes the same move and sees the same attendance declines now you've got even more ground to make up due to the added costs of being an FBS athletic department.

NDSU athletics pushed all their chips into the middle in 2002 and won big. Should we be so anxious to see them push the big stack they've accumulated in the last 10-15 years into the middle again? It's a high risk/high reward gamble same as that one in 2002 was and there's no easy answer as to whether the right move is to shove again or check our option.

<takes off my Hoople Hat>
    Football only would come with some added costs but i think it would be doable. 44 more scholarships to fun and a bit more required for coaches salaries. Obviously the conference invite would be needed. I think any FBS tv contract would add a little bit of coin, also it seems that G5 schools get better guarantees when they play P5 schools than FCS schools do. I don't think a new stadium would be required for a move up, just something that gets tossed into that conversation. Sure, a new stadium could help bring in more revenue if there were more seats to fill, but obviously it would be a giant mountain to climb with no outside help in sight.

Not an argument for or against moving up, just the way I see things. Best case would be the P5/G5 split, obviously.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk