Page 1322 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 322822122212721312132013211322132313241332 ... LastLast
Results 13,211 to 13,220 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-...tal/600322684/

Goldy dipping into FCS in the search for a new QB
    I find this amusing

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I find this amusing
    About Max Brosmer... "He completed 64.2% of his passes (294-for-459) with five interceptions. He also rushed 57 times for 126 yards and five TDs."

Bison fans....
    "That's cute!"

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find this amusing
    Feels pretty desperate, but they aren't high enough in pecking order to poach a good FBS qb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Feels pretty desperate, but they aren't high enough in pecking order to poach a good FBS qb.
    So there surely have to be schools trying to get into the ear of Cam and Cole, no? Baton down the hatches bros ...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The talk of going FBS with the other 3 Dakota schools is beyond insane. There isn't enough money in either state to support it and there is not enough talent in the upper Midwest to support 4 FBS teams. We either need to suck it up and make the transition now by ourselves so that we're established in FBS when the next moves happen or partner with Montana, Montana State, Idaho and SDSU to form a Northern division of a "Sun Belt west." ie, a conference of mostly smaller rural schools where Football is the lead sport on campus.
    Without UND and/or USD, good luck filling out that conference without being an extreme geographical outlier. The entirely West Coast schedule probably wouldn't pair great with your recruiting footprint.

I find this amusing
    at least you are amused. We like Max Brosmer. How many more teams are going to move to FBS before NDSU? Delaware moving up now. Its like you are division 2 all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher24 View Post
    at least you are amused. We like Max Brosmer. How many more teams are going to move to FBS before NDSU? Delaware moving up now. Its like you are division 2 all over again
    Good question and I see your point
    I thought 8 would be better this year, fwiw, and a grad transfer is a little different imo, so good luck with maxbro

Good question and I see your point
    I thought 8 would be better this year, fwiw, and a grad transfer is a little different imo, so good luck with maxbro
    Im really curious how many more teams go FBS before NDSU.

I live here in Fargo. 10 years ago I thought no chance NDSU ever goes FBS. Now so many other teams have it seems like they're back to Division II again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher24 View Post
    Im really curious how many more teams go FBS before NDSU.

I live here in Fargo. 10 years ago I thought no chance NDSU ever goes FBS. Now so many other teams have it seems like they're back to Division II again.
    It won’t be long before the G5 is the new D2 and we’d technically be D3… it’s basically that way right now…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I've already explained my reasoning, but to refresh:
    I doubt all the WAC-ASUN members will go FBS when the time comes. The 4 Dakotas are a ready made plug in and we all either already meet the new requirements or can easily get there.
    CUSA is an island of misfits. WAC is a group of ambitious schools on the rise. I know which one I want to partner with.
    WAC can go FBS any time it wants. The NCAA knows it'll lose yet another anti-trust lawsuit if it tries to stop them, so it won't.

With the PAC2 on the verge of a total merge with the MWC there's no other option. Just like our past history, we need to make our own path.
    Your reasoning isn’t rational no matter how much you explain it. The WAC isn’t any less of a group of misfits than the CUSA and the CUSA is already FBS. The NCAA isn’t going to just look the other way on the WAC moving to FBS. It would open them up to any FCS conference wanting to do the same. Even if they stand a chance of losing, they will fight it. The WAC/ASUN schools want no part of that legal battle. The cost benefit doesn’t add up for a G5 conference. NDSU would also have to pitch the WAC/ASUN on being include which is no easier of a sell than it currently is to CUSA. Also, all of this is a moot point if the NDSU leadership doesn’t make an aggressive play for inclusion. Which seems highly unlikely.
    Last edited by BigLakeBison; 11-28-2023 at 07:34 AM.