Page 1342 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 34284212421292133213401341134213431344 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    It’s vague I think in part because they largely want the P4 in, and even more so because there is no upper boundaries on spending, this is about letting UGA, OSU, Bama, Oregon level teams spend as much as they please harvesting players and coaches.

It’s no limits Texas Hold’em for the top teams. The small blind may be in the $7-10m range per year. Staying competitive will likely cost far more.

I just hope the G5 do something sensible and add the top FCS leagues.
    Yeah don't hold your breath, point being he's not doing anything to encourage this
    But let's look at schollies. In the TP era does it even make sense to have more than 80? Like CAS said, even in a world without NIL $$ kids will portal for playing time. Hard to imagine ANY schools can hoard players now, no matter who they are. Need some guard rails here

Anyways, just killing time. Sat can't get here soon enough ...

Looks like the PAC will live and in 2 years will try to recruit enough teams to fill a conference

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pac-12-schools
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Looks like the PAC will live and in 2 years will try to recruit enough teams to fill a conference

This is what we needed to happen. If they are truly rebuilding the PAC there is no reason for them to take ALL of the MWC teams to fill out the roster. All they need is a minimum of 5 more schools to get to the 7 school minimum. I could easily see them taking the "best" 5 or 6 from the MWC/AAC and leave the rest. Depending on which teams are selected that may lead to openings for NDSU/SDSU/Montana/MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

They still need a home for the next two years for track and field and swimming ... get them an affiliate membership with the Summit. Come on Fenton!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    This is what we needed to happen. If they are truly rebuilding the PAC there is no reason for them to take ALL of the MWC teams to fill out the roster. All they need is a minimum of 5 more schools to get to the 7 school minimum. I could easily see them taking the "best" 5 or 6 from the MWC/AAC and leave the rest. Depending on which teams are selected that may lead to openings for NDSU/SDSU/Montana/MSU.
    If and when the ACC implodes, they will refill with schools from the AAC. The AAC will need to refill. They will look to the Belt and CUSA. Those two conferences will need to refill.

This will be quite the merry go round.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If and when the ACC implodes, they will refill with schools from the AAC. The AAC will need to refill. They will look to the Belt and CUSA. Those two conferences will need to refill.

This will be quite the merry go round.
    How did you get on red bro?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    It takes 9 votes for the MW to reduce or eliminate the exit fees. It takes 9 votes to dissolve the MW altogether. It seems quite unlikely that schools who are not invited to the Pac 2 will vote for either thing. That doesn't mean that 5 or 6 teams won't leave but it will be very costly to do so.

OSU and Wazzu are in very small markets and the new Pac would be considered as a non power conference with a small tv or streaming deal.

However, let's say they take 6 schools willing to pay the the exit fees. That would leave 6 who would add at least 3 or 4 schools. That could be your opening.

If the Pac 2 takes 9 or 10 MW schools and the conference folds up, the remaining 2 or 3 schools would likely look to CUSA or independence.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How did you get on red bro?
    I admit that one went over my head..But well played, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I admit that one went over my head..But well played, I guess.
    He’s talking about all your neg rep.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery