Page 1255 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2557551155120512451253125412551256125712651305 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,550 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    How long are the three NO votes going to stick with the ACC? BIG has already expressed interest in UNC and FSU. Clemson to the SEC.
    Unfortunately for us and everyone else hoping for the merry go round to get plugged back in, the moves by the ACC were in anticipation of losing those schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yes football is the cash cow of the athletic department and to argue anything else is just ludicrous. I’ll agree that there’s diminishing returns on directly investing into football at this point, but that cutting of the FB at its most would look like 3%, not 30%.

Careful what you wish for, sounds like you’re wanting to trade places with Illinois state. I’ll pass.
    Not arguing that RIGHT NOW, football, is what drives the athletic budget. 5 years from now we'll be looking at home football attendance at sub-9000 fans. Anyone remember the Babich years?

When that happens, the revenue that football produces will be greatly diminished. It would be wise to accept that as our future, cut funding now to get ahead of it and try to put some life into Basketball. If we don't do that, not only will our football revenue suck, our basketball team will then have less money as well.

What I wish for is an opportunity to grow football but I am a realist. If we can't grow football, then grow something else. Relying on a diminishing sport is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    May as well start a hockey program. Football will continue to fade in the FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I can get behind this.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Not arguing that RIGHT NOW, football, is what drives the athletic budget. 5 years from now we'll be looking at home football attendance at sub-9000 fans. Anyone remember the Babich years?

When that happens, the revenue that football produces will be greatly diminished. It would be wise to accept that as our future, cut funding now to get ahead of it and try to put some life into Basketball. If we don't do that, not only will our football revenue suck, our basketball team will then have less money as well.

What I wish for is an opportunity to grow football but I am a realist. If we can't grow football, then grow something else. Relying on a diminishing sport is not good.
    If the FCS continues to deteriorate in terms of competition, we'll be spending a lot of money for even fewer competitive games...that will have to be taken into consideration. A declining fanbase, a declining student body, and declining competition could put us in the same position we were in back in the D2 days. Much as El Chapo will hate it, bringing back the old NCC, maybe in some sort of collaboration with some of the Big Sky schools, might be our only option.

I’m sure it’s been discussed plenty before but I don’t wish to read through 1200 pages of thread to find the answer…

What about FBS independent at this point? You might be able to schedule home and homes with the likes of UCONN/Umass/Navy, and have a whole season of road FBS games otherwise. Sure, you don’t have real long term plans, but with how volatile college football is now, you’re poised to guarantee that 2nd tier/G5 status when the whole thing continues to blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    I’m sure it’s been discussed plenty before but I don’t wish to read through 1200 pages of thread to find the answer…

What about FBS independent at this point? You might be able to schedule home and homes with the likes of UCONN/Umass/Navy, and have a whole season of road FBS games otherwise. Sure, you don’t have real long term plans, but with how volatile college football is now, you’re poised to guarantee that 2nd tier/G5 status when the whole thing continues to blow up.
    This assumption right here would require some explanation and convincing, at least on my part…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I thought going independent wasn't allowed anymore? Or did the kerfuffle over Liberty cancel all that?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This assumption right here would require some explanation and convincing, at least on my part…
    I guess my general feeling (while fully admitting I’m not thinking about all the nitty gritty details/considering ALL factors) is that FCS is a slow death. Since you’re already diagnosed with a terminal ailment (FCS), you don’t have THAT much risk going FBS independent if that ends up blowing up in your face. Doing it now, increasing scholarship allotment and so forth, “communicates” to the college football world where your intentions/commitments are. I would imagine that you could embarrassingly drop back down to FCS if it didn’t work out (…Idaho for example)

NDSU could do FBS independent and keep their own LOCAL TV revenue and maybe add Bally Sports North for Regional

You just plug and play teams. do some fun. destination games out west. let's goo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU could do FBS independent and keep their own LOCAL TV revenue and maybe add Bally Sports North for Regional

You just plug and play teams. do some fun. destination games out west. let's goo
    Dude we aren't done taking second place in the FCS yet. Need to set that record too. I'm thinking 8-9 more second place finishes(with Tshirts of course) will set a record that will never be broken!!!