Page 266 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1662162562642652662672682763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    IMO you are making a mistake at the outset that a number of posters make including the one leading the charge who thinks he has all the answers. That is reducing those who do not see a move as feasible now to an Anti-FBS or FCS forever stance.
    sad thing is, some of the anti fbs crowd will be cheering for a NDSU loss soon so they can keep that narrative going.

it became very clear in playoffs this year and vs sub par teams at home, the fargodome had lots of empty seats, people already know the outcomes, NDSU has plateaued We CANNOT do anything more in FCS! that is the problem.

IF we are unwilling to even look at FBS (which is what Dean/Matt are telling us)
    then the only way to right this potential sinking ship is to gather NDSU, JMU, UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Montana, Montana State, Missouri State and make a coalition/committee to go after the G5 conferences and convince them to break off..... they will never break off.

and trust me, Dean & Matt know my thoughts, the 38,000 semi enclosed on campus stadium with 4 big donors is probably the most appealing, $50 million each, they each get a corner of stadium for marketing, they get suites. Raise the other $100 million and Voila... lets go and keep every dime to NDSU.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sad thing is, some of the anti fbs crowd will be cheering for a NDSU loss soon so they can keep that narrative going.
    You're the one with the boner about all of our best players leaving early.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it became very clear in playoffs this year and vs sub par teams at home, the fargodome had lots of empty seats, people already know the outcomes, NDSU has plateaued We CANNOT do anything more in FCS! that is the problem.

IF we are unwilling to even look at FBS (which is what Dean/Matt are telling us)
    then the only way to right this potential sinking ship is to gather NDSU, JMU, UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Montana, Montana State, Missouri State and make a coalition/committee to go after the G5 conferences and convince them to break off..... they will never break off.

and trust me, Dean & Matt know my thoughts, the 38,000 semi enclosed on campus stadium with 4 big donors is probably the most appealing, $50 million each, they each get a corner of stadium for marketing, they get suites. Raise the other $100 million and Voila... lets go and keep every dime to NDSU.
    They're working hard to get one "big" donor to get the remaining dollars needed (less than 10 million I believe) for the IPF, but you realistically believe there are four "big" donors ready to drop $50 million dollars each? The frat boy partying into your 40s really did a lot of damage to your brain cells dude.
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    IMO you are making a mistake at the outset that a number of posters make including the one leading the charge who thinks he has all the answers. That is reducing those who do not see a move as feasible now to an Anti-FBS or FCS forever stance.
    Yep. I think most fans would like to see a jump to FBS. Some of us just believe that that is a bridge too far right now for NDSU given the amount of money it would take, the limited resources available, the need for a new stadium, the state level politics that would be involved, and the unavailability of a good conference fit.

I'm willing to listen to ideas, but so far none of them are grounded in reality. If it's done, it needs to be done right, and personally I have not seen that path.

Boise State is mad with MWC TV contract https://twitter.com/BJRains/status/1...609881088?s=09

If Boise St leaves for AAC or goes indy like BYU.

HELLO NDSU to the Mountain west!

Boise State is mad with MWC TV contract https://twitter.com/BJRains/status/1...609881088?s=09

If Boise St leaves for AAC or goes indy like BYU.

HELLO NDSU to the Mountain west!
    Better call the bank and order more checks
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Yeah
    Tell be why they would want to help out some FCS teams? One of the reasons we havent gotten an invite is because nobody wants to keep cutting up the revenue
    pie. They keep getting paid to be the red headed step child to the P5. You think they are going to break off because of us????

Damn dude this isnt rocket science.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

we all need to keep an eye on this boise state situation.. could be a great opportunity for NDSU here

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yep. I think most fans would like to see a jump to FBS. Some of us just believe that that is a bridge too far right now for NDSU given the amount of money it would take, the limited resources available, the need for a new stadium, the state level politics that would be involved, and the unavailability of a good conference fit.

I'm willing to listen to ideas, but so far none of them are grounded in reality. If it's done, it needs to be done right, and personally I have not seen that path.
    Agree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

Yep................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."