Page 464 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

5 years NDSU will be FBS, mark it down

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    That would be great but the Montana schools have no ambition to be anything but what they are. They are the Delaware's of the west.
    IF (<-- note the big 'if') the MWC came a callin', and it was for both at once, they'd take a hard look. However, both have some work to be FBS. At least one only sponsors 15 NCAA sports (FBS minimum: 16).

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    5 years NDSU will be FBS, mark it down
    I won't disagree; I'll just ask where today's P5 schools are in five years.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I won't disagree; I'll just ask where today's P5 schools are in five years.
    Yep—lots of moving parts right now. Gotta be a little patient at this point.

And normally I ignore your posts...
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

How are you measuring attendance? Is it butts in seats or tickets sold when the institutions playing in the bowl game are on the hook for buying X number of tickets and take a loss when they go unsold?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Okay I'll check those, and you can go check FCS championship games that don't involve NDSU lol

Take NDSU out of the equation and attendance at Frisco bowl games is higher than the FCS championship.

Oh, and I'll take your home semifinal game against a team that's leaving to FBS (for some misguided reason according to your logic) and raise you a conference championship game in MAC or MW, followed by a bowl game.

The unfortunate reality is that outside of us playing SDSU in the semis, we will never have a full stadium again staying FCS. Not that it all matters, but since you love bringing up attendance and atmosphere...
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    How are you measuring attendance? Is it butts in seats or tickets sold when the institutions playing in the bowl game are on the hook for buying X number of tickets and take a loss when they go unsold?
    Most bowl game tix are co-opted. Plus they now negotiate the number of tix they will buy with the conference picking up the shortfall.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Okay I'll check those, and you can go check FCS championship games that don't involve NDSU lol

Take NDSU out of the equation and attendance at Frisco bowl games is higher than the FCS championship.

Oh, and I'll take your home semifinal game against a team that's leaving to FBS (for some misguided reason according to your logic) and raise you a conference championship game in MAC or MW, followed by a bowl game.

The unfortunate reality is that outside of us playing SDSU in the semis, we will never have a full stadium again staying FCS. Not that it all matters, but since you love bringing up attendance and atmosphere...

Attendance at the game is just one way of looking at it. I'm curious what the TV ratings are for the Frisco Bowl in comparison to the FCS championship. As much as I don't like it, college football is being driven (funded) by national TV.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I would assume it’s the same (tix sold) because there was no way there was 8 or 9 thousand at the JMU Youngstown championship either
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Dom Izzo mentioned on Hot Mic the other week that Frisco is hosting two bowl games in three days and that one time they re-sodded the field before the championship game vs Towson, it didn't work out too well.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yep—lots of moving parts right now. Gotta be a little patient at this point.

And normally I ignore your posts...
    patient??. what the f we been doing since 2013
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?